no way to gain with out adding fat?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HI all i got this from the MAX OT website

"Fat does not make you fat. Excess calories make you fat. If you burn 3000 calories a day yet you consume 4000 calories, you're going to increase your body fat. It doesn't matter how low your fat intake is. If your caloric consumption exceeds your caloric expenditure, you add body fat."

So no matter how clean your diet is when Bulking you have to gain fat is that what I am reading????

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yes for the most part. If you are exceeding your daily calorie intake, you will gain fat. How much you exceed it will determine how much you gain.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes for the most part. If you are exceeding your daily calorie intake, you will gain fat. How much you exceed it will determine how much you gain.

Now dunk what about when you are on anabolics does that throw this = out? because I am trying to stay between 500-750 above maintenace on my bulking diet. Am i just gonna have to deal with the extra fat on a cut?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Now dunk what about when you are on anabolics does that throw this = out? because I am trying to stay between 500-750 above maintenace on my bulking diet.
Anabolics will throw off your maintenance calories, cuz of the enhanced protein synthesis and all that good stuff.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dunk thanks as always for the quick and informational answers.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Even on gear you'll gain fat, but their is unique situations though, like var and tren will help you drop fat AND put on muscle. Igf-1 and gh as well. But for the most part if you want size you gotta put on SOME fat as well. If your trying to put on size and drop muscle YES you CAN do it, ...BUT you won't put on lots of size or drop lots of fat, it may be like drop 5lbs of fat put on 2lbs of muscle. Still do cardio when bulking though, i'm a firm believer in yearround cardio, just less for the hard gainers, some may opt for none because of their metabolisms but it's still important for general health. The biggest thing you'll find about gear is that the muscle to fat ratio of your gains will heavily lean towards muscle instead of a more balanced 1:1, ala O naturelle.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chaps yes i am on year round cardio because i am an MMA fighter so my Muay Thai and BJJ classes give me plenty of cardio during the week . I have just cut out the morning sessions. I am running 1-t cyp right now which has always given me fina like results I might add some fina in at the end but will probablly save it for my cut cycle.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think you have to gain a massive amount on a lean bulk. After injury I gained ~35lbs in 4 months (mostly from muscle memory) and stayed relatively lean. You can choose food that have very beneficial micro nutrient profiles that can help you out alot.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya you don't have to gain ALOT of fat, and partioning agents such as Glucophase XR, Metformin, n such will help in keeping fat gain to a minimum.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
One thing I will add is the importence of nutrient timing. Too much protein, fat, or carbs at any given time can be stored as fat. That's why it is important to have your cals balanced in each meal (pre and PWO hold exceptions) and not all at once.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
One thing I will add is the importence of nutrient timing. Too much protein, fat, or carbs at any given time can be stored as fat. That's why it is important to have your cals balanced in each meal (pre and PWO hold exceptions) and not all at once.
Good posting. It is possible to gain muscle while losing fat. Eric Cressey actually posted an article about this called periodizing your diet. He even had a DEXA scan for body fat and showed how he was able to do it over a years time. Its all about nutritional timing. Great read and he had medical research to back most of it up. I would post the link but don't think it is allowed. Google his name and the article is on his website.