Carbs? - AnabolicMinds.com

Carbs?

1. Advanced Member

Carbs?

ok here is a question I need some clearing on

I read that you can take 3-4 carb load drinks a day to help with gaining weight. I don't understand how this is possible. If you take in all these carbs, won't they just burn off with cardio, or will they somehow help you gain weight. I have always thought that to many carbs like that may affect natural insulin.

Please let me knwo where I am thinking wrong. If there is a way I can take in more of these carbs to help with weight gain, I am ready

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

You could start by focusing on getting your carbs from natural whole food sources. Alot of the carb content in weight gainers are Tri-Glycerides and different types of gums. The tri-glycerides are actually fats that act more as a carb and so companies list it as such.
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    You could start by focusing on getting your carbs from natural whole food sources. Alot of the carb content in weight gainers are Tri-Glycerides and different types of gums. The tri-glycerides are actually fats that act more as a carb and so companies list it as such.
    Agreed, always good to get extra whole food meals. Body handles whole foods better for the most part.

Carb content in weight gainer really has nothing to do with triglyceride content though, 2 seperate entities, fat acts as fat. There is a difference how the body handles long chain triglycerides (via lymphatic sytem) and medium chain triglycerides (via portal vein to liver where it is metabolized and used for energy). I think Mullet was pointing to the fact that excess carbohydrate will be converted to triglycerides and stored.

Weight gain is fairly simple. Consume more calories than you expend. Balanced intake is the best way to go. Do not just increase carbs especially in form of simple sugars, the weight you gain will most likely not be in the form of LBM.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
    •   

4. Advanced Member

This is the info needed thanks. I always maintain my diet to araound 300 grams of carbs, all brown rice and oatmeal. However I had read that about the carbs. I always have a Carbo force during a workout, after having a redline. Get great pumps from the redline. Really the only reason I think I drink the Carbo Force is habit. Other than that I didn't figure that I should increase them. Espicially on gear, I don't know how this would affect my insuline levels.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb Cycleing Diet
    By dez/null in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 08:04 PM
  2. Low carb soy pasta, check it out
    By jweave23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 08:21 PM
  3. Low carb bars, IMPACT carbs!
    By bpdaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8