Isolating carbs and fats.. ie having no one meal with a lotta C's and F's

Catch24

Awards
For cutting or bulking purposes, what is the consensus here on having only P/C and P/F meals....This seems to be popular... Is it a must for the abovementioned purposes? How crutial if so?

Someone on another board once said no more than 15g of carbs during fat meals or fat during carb meals? Agree?

Thanks.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I remember reading an article by John Berardi on this.

The idea is that since carbs stimulate insulin, and insulin is a storage hormone, any fats eaten with carbs get stored as fat.

Nice idea, but it just doesn't seem to pan out in reality. Although some claim they like the idea to keep fat down during a bulk.

There is a hormone called ASP which is the main storer of fat, and that doesn't need insulin to function to do this.

Plus, eating fat with your protein and carbs (hopefully with fruit or vegetables) helps slow down gastric emptying, which itself controls insulin levels (and from a personal standpoint, keeps me fuller for longer).

By all means, give it a whirl and see whether you think it works, but i do not agree with the idea, no.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
For cutting or bulking purposes, what is the consensus here on having only P/C and P/F meals....This seems to be popular... Is it a must for the abovementioned purposes? How crutial if so?

Someone on another board once said no more than 15g of carbs during fat meals or fat during carb meals? Agree?

Thanks.

i used to think this til beast set me up with my diet program. it follows the guidelines displayed in chucks diet book. go to the scivation section and check it out. it pretty much says never to combine carbs with protein alone. every meal for me contains 15g fat and 47g protein except for my during workout shake (WPI, BCAA's and glutamine). i get carbs in the morning and a grapefruit after training. all other carbs come from green veggies. IMO, this is an excellent approach and the book is a great read. i highly recommend you pick it up.