Off days

ktw

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys do for your off days while both cutting and bulking?

What I mean is do you cut back on cals or carbs or anything on days you do no activity or just light cardio? I've always wondered how far others went over their BMR on offdays, if at all, because I think when bulking I was going way too high, which contributed to excess fat gain.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep everything the same.. I never go up or down in cals like that, if cutting I stay at my cutting calories, high calorie when bulking..

Eat the same things constantly will keep you either burning fat or gaining weight with minimal fat gain..

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I think 500 kcalories above maintenance is a good starting point for bulking, or 500kcalories below maintenance for cutting. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tailor my intake to my expenditures while always staying above a set limit. For example on Leg day I may eat 4300 (depending on weight) and on Bi/Tri or rest day I will eat 4000-4000. Obviously not a huge dip, but I feel it works.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Yah that's what I was doing before. 4000kcals? Damn how much do you weigh? At 206 3800kcals wasnt even presenting a plateau for me.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
How jacked is my metabolism??? I am at an ave 3300 cals @ 260lbs and gaining a pound a week. :wtf: I'm cutting!!!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
How jacked is my metabolism??? I am at an ave 3300 cals @ 260lbs and gaining a pound a week. :wtf: I'm cutting!!!

yea sounds like something wrong there. what are you eating?

On my new 12 week bulk, I cycle carbs slightly thru the week and on w/o days take in and extra 500 cals or so. Avg. ~3800-3900 cals/day.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
nothing is wrong with you, when I started cutting I gained a lb a week on 2900 kcals.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah that's what I was doing before. 4000kcals? Damn how much do you weigh? At 206 3800kcals wasnt even presenting a plateau for me.

Presently 196 and rising. At the end of my cycle I plan to be 205 @ 10%, probably eating around 3200 for maintenance.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
nothing is wrong with you, when I started cutting I gained a lb a week on 2900 kcals.

That depends on if he's coming off a bulk and his system has not switched over. If he's eating 3300 cals/day at 260 lbs. and working out but still gaining 1 pound per week, and has been doing so for weeks, then YES something may very well be wrong.
That's why I asked what he was eating.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Presently 196 and rising. At the end of my cycle I plan to be 205 @ 10%, probably eating around 3200 for maintenance.
What does your "cycle" consist of, cuz I know naturally I could not be 10% while bulking and eating that many cals, maybe with a nice dose of SD, but not naturally.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does your "cycle" consist of, cuz I know naturally I could not be 10% while bulking and eating that many cals, maybe with a nice dose of superdrol, but not naturally.
Well, I was at that BF% while on a very nice clip of gaining weight naturally just with a very fine-tuned diet, so with my metabolism it is more than achievable to stay lean and bulk. I actually came back from injury and gained ~35lbs natty while maintaining my waist size and BF. But to answer your question I am on 20mg of Super and 500mg EW Test E

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Yah, that can help, im assuming you don't bloat on the Test then, can't say the same for my buddy who looks like the Michelin man right from 500mg Test E./week and 10mg SD.

Not to divert attention from the thread, but what are you doing for pct, just out of curiosity?

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
Bumping. Anyone have any definitive answers?
Definitive answer? You have to find what works for you. If bulking IMO you should keep the cals the same-you grow when you're resting not in the gym. But if cutting you might want to cut the calories back some-you are cutting and some muscle loss should be expected.