Took my physical for school today... need advise

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
im pretty excited. every year when i have to take my physical, they take your weight and BF and it gives me a good base to work off of. since my physical is basically about 1/2 month to a month away from when i start to bulk and strength train real hard... basically these are the stats i got from today:

5'10", 178.5 lbs, 5.4% body fat!!!!! It was a digital pinch BF% (idk what you call it, but thats what it was) so im guessing that there is a little error in the reading but i mean this is the leanest that i have been EVER!!! Plus in the past month my strength has been going up, and ive been gaining about 1lb per week, without taking any supps other than protein and BCAAs and eating clean.

What type of diet should i be looking at for my bulking period?(basically august through the end of december) Im looking into taking some form of creatine and a nitric oxide product. Any suggestions on supps? I havent really had any serious strict diet before and im just looking for suggestions on how to reach my goal of 200lbs by the new year. Any suggestions are appreciated. And i know im going to have to eat a whole lot but i want my gains to be quality and clean (BF as low as possible) Thanks in advance bros. :twisted:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're actually anywhere near 6% BF you are one lean mofo. Basically use your BMR to cal the calories you'll need which is about 500 above mant. Take that and start up a fitday.com account and track your food.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If you're actually anywhere near 6% BF you are one lean mofo. Basically use your BMR to cal the calories you'll need which is about 500 above mant. Take that and start up a fitday.com account and track your food.
I like percentages....500 is a good estimate, but 10 to 15% is a nice number to work with. Plus, I saw it on some pub-med study thingy majigger or whatever yawannacallit.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ Yeah, your % is better to work with than a cut and dry number.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
i signed up at fitday.com... i input yesterday's meals

Total: 3543
Fat: 110 994 29%
Sat: 54 489 14%
Poly: 10 90 3%
Mono: 21 189 5%
Carbs: 366 1342 39%
Fiber: 31 0 0%
Protein: 280 1119 32%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

this is an average day for me, but according to the projected calories that im burning a day im still running about 100 cals short of maintenence? That doesnt seem to make sense... here's what i ate yesterday...

4 egg whites, 4 slices toast, 8 oz steak (im guessing 8 cuz it started out as a 3/4lb steak and it loses size im assuming when cooked), 2 cups mashed potatoes, a couple slices of pizza, 2 muscle milk RTD's, my own protein shake, and some milk

this is a typical day for me, substitue chicken for steak to change things up a little, but all in all thats typical... am i not eating as healthy as i thought? is the reason im so low on bodyfat is because my metabolism is through the roof?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
tbh at almost 180lb and being under 10%bf at 5'10" I don't think you've got that much of a problem growing, maybe you just need to mix things up a bit to motivate growth?

I'm guessing you're around 18, you could probably add dirty foods to your diet just to push your calories up, if your metabolism really is that fast then you'll definately not see much, if any fat gain.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when in doubt, add milk.

a cup of 2% milk has 8 grams of protein, about 11 complex carbs, and around 4.5 grams of fat. if you drink a gallon of that a day, you will need to go shopping for new clothes within two months. if you dont like that fat, then go with skim. you may even get lucky and find some that has an extra gram or two of protein in it.

other than that, lift heavy and activate those androgen receptors. your body will reward you for it.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
ok, im gonna try beginning in august to let my diet loose a little and drink a whole lot of milk... i dont know why i didnt get a notification for these posts, but thats why i havent written back... btw im 20 thanks for the input... if anyone else has any advise its appreciated, i think im gonna stick to this advise for now and see where i wind up

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
Wow man, that is awesome. That is why people shouldn't even touch PHs until they're older... because when you're young, you grow like this kid. :)

Unfortunately for me I never had the growth spurt. Low test maybe? But no matter how much I worked out or how much I ate I could never achieve your level of success in fitness.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
hey i started xCEEd this past week... and my workouts have been pretty good... ive gotten sick pumps for some reason... im not supplementing arginine but its good stuff so far, im gonna stick with BCAA's and the CEE for the next month or so and probably start another thread once i get to bulking and create a log for it so stay tuned... :D

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
well to bring this back from the dead... im at 194... up an awesome 15lbs from when i first posted!! Im real excited on my progress and im still under 10% bf!!! Thanks to everyone who helped out very good advise

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
Good work and keep doing what you're doing... it's obviously working.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
yeah ten i got my diet in check and then got my supps in check: good base with a muli and EFA DHA; creatine, BCAAs, protein, AAKG, ZMA... i dont think i need anything else?