Need help, Loss of energy

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I was cutting my calories down to about 1500-2000 calories, i've come back up a little bit around 2000 with a breakdown of 50% protein, 40% carb, 10% fat.

The last two days i split the same breakfest from yesterday it was hashbrowns, omelette with gyro. I know but I went out for breakfest with my family and it seemed good. But it has been a steady decline with the calories. And I blame this for some of it, but by no means will this be allowed more then once a month.

I've been having my isolade zero carb protein with water as a couple of meals because I was out of tuna.

I'm taking 1 or 2 amps preworkout and there's some stimulation but my energy levels are just dead. What would be the best breakfest, just 4 egg whites with one yoke. I've been spreading my meals out and trying to keep the fire going.

I was never really down on energy when I had my 800 calorie morning whey shake, but should I just meet it half way and add less fruit and use water instead of skim in my morning shake?

What's going to be my schedule now

Morning 3 eggs one yoke and onions on rye or whole wheat
pwo with isolade and water
lunch tuna on whole wheat
snack protein and water and maybe some fruit
dinner will be fish or chicken.

Anything comments would be appreciated.

Workout is about 30-45 min 3 sets of 20 on about 4 exercises and a mile ran at about 6-7 mph pwo. Mon Tuesday on, Wens off, Thurs and Friday on.

Stats
5'9 207 thick wrist 7 1/2.
bf around 20%

sorry for long post, taking my multi and 100% if not more of everything vitamin and nutrition wise.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning 3 eggs one yoke and onions on rye or whole wheat
pwo with isolade and water
lunch tuna on whole wheat
snack protein and water and maybe some fruit
dinner will be fish or chicken.

Anything comments would be appreciated.
Check your calories again. If that is exactly what you are eating you are starving yourself.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yussir, 200 pounds at less than 2k calories. Your lack of energy is due to lack of fuel. Don't try to stay at this diet and supp with energy pills. Your diet needs to be fixed.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
lose weight(-500Cals)

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
This is what I get for listening to skinny people, saying 1000-1500 was ok with vitamins. Thanks a lot guys, i've used a lot of calcs to help me with my goal sizes, but this helps a ton. I am starving myself, no sh*t i don't have energy. Yes that means Super protein shakes but cut down to 600 cals.

Thanks guys,

I wouldn't have been able to keep up my exercise with that energy level. I'll search some more low glycemics.

Back to fitday.

thanks jayhawk for the tons of info off the bat. and b5150

Daily Caloric Expenditure = 3676

I still looking to lose some weight quickly so would 2600 calories would be ok with 50p40cf10%?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fats are essential I would go more of a 40/40/20 myself. It's easier on the diet when you can move foods around more often.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
yeah, to add to Jay's response. I had my fat intake down to about 10% for about a week and really felt its toll. I up'ed my fat intake with more olive oil, flaxseed and started eating steaks and feel much better. It makes a big difference. 40/40/20 is a good ratio. Right now I am keeping all starchy carbs around workouts and once I hit past 5-6pm, Its all protein, fats and vegetables except on nights I have hockey. Seems to be doing a good job.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, it would make it easier for me to do a 40/40/20 with the amount of foods I can eat. Doesn't mean i'm going outside of clean eating but I can have a more balanced diet.

Thanks guys, you rock.

And i've heard elsewhere that the only thing after 5pm is protein, but i'm going to start to eat non-fat cottege cheese before bed (euwww)

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
And i've heard elsewhere that the only thing after 5pm is protein,
Only beneficial really if you are trying to lose some fat. If you are bulking or exercising at night, then this does not have any bearing. You need some good carbs centered around workouts, thats why I don't follow it on hockey nights or when its time to put on weight.