Carb Cycling is not for the weak! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Carb Cycling is not for the weak!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    Too late on that chinese buffet huh rage?

HAHAA! Actually, he was talking about himself. He's a fatty. But, funny you mention it because before the chinese food I mentioned, I did go to a buffet.

2. Board Supporter

So, I had the opportunity to carb up this weekend, yesterday in particular. Feeling good, measurements on my arms still the same which I am very happy about although I feel a lot smaller. I think this is primarily the case of having low glycogen storages. So, I have a pretty tuff week ahead of me. I hope to get in a lot of chicken and if everything goes as planned, maybe take another 1-2lbs of fat off. I'm going to carb cycle Monday-Friday which should get me to that 2lb loss mark.

So the plan this week is to do low carbs M-F (5 days) and taper down my carbs with today being my highest carb day. I'm really going to try to push my own envelope on this one and see what kind of tolerance my body can put out. One thing I'll need to watch is my fat intake, it needs to be higher than it was last week. And, hopefully I'll be able to get in my cardio this week.

Here is what my menu is like today:

Meal 1 07:30am
    (don't have the time to make anything in the AM):

30 grams of protein from shake - consumed over a 30 min period
    17 grams of carbs from oats w/ splenda

Meal Two 10:00am

5 egg whites w/ turkey

45 grams protein, 5 grams fat.

Meal Three 12:00pm

1 can of tuna w/ 1 pickle

24 grams of protein, 1 gram carbs, 3 grams of fat

Meal Four: 1/2lb steam brocolli

??? grams of carbs

Meal 5

Watermelon and Oats (Pre-workout) w/ Whey shake

30 grams carbs and 30 grams protein

130 grams protein
    50 grams carbs
    10 grams healthy fats

Breakdown for food consumed by 3pm.

520 cals protein/ 200 cals carbs / 90 grams fat

64% protein / 25% carbs / 10% carbs

I really don't like the look of my fats. I'm going to pick up some almonds tonight which will helps a lot with that. I'm also going to start preparring some of my food with olive oil. I stop eating around 8pm so this is just a breakdown of what I'm going to go through at work in an 8 hour period. I figure I'm eating often enough with enough fibrous carbohydrates to spark my metabolism. As you can see my numbers will turn out to be way below daily maintenance. I'm only doing this because of time constraints and understand the implications of doing so. I have even changed my lifting routine. Also, I plan to introduce the supplement of Arginine and Leucine to help my body stay away from a catabolic state.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Walnuts are the best choice imo, with almonds second, while they taste like crap alone, I mix them with cottage cheese etc to get them in. 200 cals of carbs, wow I know I'm dyin here when that sounds like heaven! Although I have been hitting between 70-100...just a few more days and I'll be there. But I must say, how can you breath with that many calories no less work out? I know you've got a deadline but man that has gotta hurt.
    •   

4. Registered User

You're a mean bastad. You fat fock! I hope your cottage cheese spoils and you have to go into the ER and you get put on an IV for 5 weeks and you get tiny!!!!!!!!!

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Rat bastad!

Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    HAHAA! Actually, he was talking about himself. He's a fatty. But, funny you mention it because before the chinese food I mentioned, I did go to a buffet.
  5. Board Supporter

Heh, well. I can only pack so much food for work, today I came with 5 things of tuperware. Also keep in mind that I have a post workout shake and oats as well as a post workout meal. So, I'll probably get in another 900-1k cals before my day is over. We'll see. For the most part, I sit down a lot so I get by with that many cals but....I definetely don't feel great doing it. What's the daily menu look like for you?
  6. Registered User

There's lots of it Rage, that's for sure....

I really don't like the look of my fats.
  7. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    You're a mean bastad. You fat fock! I hope your cottage cheese spoils and you have to go into the ER and you get put on an IV for 5 weeks and you get tiny!!!!!!!!!

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Rat bastad!
    LOL, someone got their panties in a bunch. I bet you were drinking your Muscle Milk shake w/ ice cream when you typed that. Damn fatties always looking for new ways to add those pounds. Question: When you go to the chinese buffet, how many Muscle Milks to you bring with you? A gallon's worth...oh yeah...but that is right. Muscle Milk doesn't have any high GI carbs.
  8. Registered User

I'm drinking three Muscle Milk's right now. One for each inch my biceps have on yours after this big cut of your!!!!!!!

How's the sanity going big man? Only what, 10 days or something left? Keep pushing tubby... not far to go!!!!!!!!!

LOL, someone got their panties in a bunch. I bet you were drinking your Muscle Milk shake w/ ice cream when you typed that. Damn fatties always looking for new ways to add those pounds. Question: When you go to the chinese buffet, how many Muscle Milks to you bring with you? A gallon's worth...oh yeah...but that is right. Muscle Milk doesn't have any high GI carbs.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Heh, well. I can only pack so much food for work, today I came with 5 things of tuperware. Also keep in mind that I have a post workout shake and oats as well as a post workout meal. So, I'll probably get in another 900-1k cals before my day is over. We'll see. For the most part, I sit down a lot so I get by with that many cals but....I definetely don't feel great doing it. What's the daily menu look like for you?
    I'm hitting 2300-2700 depending on low or high carbs, my maintenance cal is around 3500, I pretty much sit all day also. So I'm cutting around 1000 cals a day but it's freekin slow!
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    I'm drinking three Muscle Milk's right now. One for each inch my biceps have on yours after this big cut of your!!!!!!!

How's the sanity going big man? Only what, 10 days or something left? Keep pushing tubby... not far to go!!!!!!!!!
    Sanity is defientely an issue. Unfortunately, my sleep has been under par and this has affected me greatly. Hopefully I can get my schedule back under controll. For now, I just have to keep reminding myself that this is for not much longer. I'm really going to be cranky by Thursday-Friday. I may try 20grams of carbs on Friday. We'll see.

P.S. You'll need another 2 inches on those T-Rex arms before you get close to passing me.
  11. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    I'm hitting 2300-2700 depending on low or high carbs, my maintenance cal is around 3500, I pretty much sit all day also. So I'm cutting around 1000 cals a day but it's freekin slow!
    I was very interesting in your meals and what they are and how you break them down. Mind sharring?
  12. Board Supporter

Hey guys, so I'm getting blood work this Friday and was wondering if this diet will screw up any panels? Maybe it'll show my electrolytes are off? I'm just thinking and thinking....It probably won't be a problem but I'm always concerned.
  13. Registered User

Thumbs up

One thing about a cyclical keto diet is to KEEP YOUR WATER INTAKE UP !! It's quite easy to get dehydrated on a keto diet, been there, done that! I do 10 low to no carb days then carb up on the weekend. The longer you're in ketosis the easier it becomes. I couldn't do all of the bouncing around that y'all do, it's hard enough to get back on track after carb up, I couldn't deal with lows and highs. Rage, your choleserol should come back excellent if you're eating clean. I've had bloodwork done on 40-40-20 and keto and my keto values are always better.
    ROB
  14. Board Supporter

Thanks for the input Green. I get in at least 2 gallons a day of water so I'm not too worried about dehydration. ANd for the blood test, I started to think the same thing, with the way I've been eating, everything should be dandy.

Now I wonder, the longer your body is in almost-ketosis, does that mean the less effective it is at burning fat? Just a thought
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

I was very interesting in your meals and what they are and how you break them down. Mind sharring?
    Sure, I'm still fine tuneing the cycling and I am not doing keto, so my low carb days I'm hitting around 70 gs. My protien I keep at 325-350, my fat I hit around 100-125. My body really responds to fat intake so I keep it fairly low and clean, if I was doing keto I'd raise it considerably knowing how well it worked with Body Opus (30%p/70%f) but I don't want to experience that again (at least not till I get desperate).

B'fast=Oatmeal/3eggwhites/1wholeegg/1 scoop Matrix (45/32/11)
    After that every meal is veggies (mostly brocolli and lettuce), and I'll do a 1/4c of Oats with my Post W/O. I take in about 9gs of fat with flax/fish caps. Most of my protien sources are chicken, on leg days I may have a steak for dinner. At the end of the day I sit at 325/70/100 or close to it. I'm experimenting on taking my carbs up to 300 on heavy w/o days but this carb cycling is new to me so we'll see. I'm doing 4 low and 3 high right now. My last meal is 12ozCottage cheese/1/4c of walnuts/1 scoop of Metabolic Drive.

For me this is a loooong term project, I spent a lot of years putting these lbs on and I know it's going to take some time to take them off, I'm trying to make this effective, yet something I can comfortably live with. Other than the scoops of Protien with B'fast and my last meal I do a post work out shake with Whey, and I carry a shake with me in case I can't make a meal, I do 8 meals a day but sometimes I'll snack on those meals all day so I'm constantly eating every 15-20minutes or so during the day (if work permits).

Anyway I appreciate your thread, because you can never learn enough and I am constantly evolving my diet based on some of your alls experiences.
  16. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    Sure, I'm still fine tuneing the cycling and I am not doing keto, so my low carb days I'm hitting around 70 gs. My protien I keep at 325-350, my fat I hit around 100-125. My body really responds to fat intake so I keep it fairly low and clean, if I was doing keto I'd raise it considerably knowing how well it worked with Body Opus (30%p/70%f) but I don't want to experience that again (at least not till I get desperate).

B'fast=Oatmeal/3eggwhites/1wholeegg/1 scoop Matrix (45/32/11)
    After that every meal is veggies (mostly brocolli and lettuce), and I'll do a 1/4c of Oats with my Post W/O. I take in about 9gs of fat with flax/fish caps. Most of my protien sources are chicken, on leg days I may have a steak for dinner. At the end of the day I sit at 325/70/100 or close to it. I'm experimenting on taking my carbs up to 300 on heavy w/o days but this carb cycling is new to me so we'll see. I'm doing 4 low and 3 high right now. My last meal is 12ozCottage cheese/1/4c of walnuts/1 scoop of Metabolic Drive.

For me this is a loooong term project, I spent a lot of years putting these lbs on and I know it's going to take some time to take them off, I'm trying to make this effective, yet something I can comfortably live with. Other than the scoops of Protien with B'fast and my last meal I do a post work out shake with Whey, and I carry a shake with me in case I can't make a meal, I do 8 meals a day but sometimes I'll snack on those meals all day so I'm constantly eating every 15-20minutes or so during the day (if work permits).

Anyway I appreciate your thread, because you can never learn enough and I am constantly evolving my diet based on some of your alls experiences.
    Thank you, your info has been very refreshing and informative. You know, it's little things like carb cycling that spices up bbing when things may have been a little old. Seeing what I have seen in the last couple weeks just reassures me that the big changes happen when you're extremely focused on your diet.

It's interesting to see you start up with a relatively high carb meal in the AM then taper off during the day, it makes perfect sense. Now, if we could just trick our bodies into not feeling like crap.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Thank you, your info has been very refreshing and informative. You know, it's little things like carb cycling that spices up bbing when things may have been a little old. Seeing what I have seen in the last couple weeks just reassures me that the big changes happen when you're extremely focused on your diet.

It's interesting to see you start up with a relatively high carb meal in the AM then taper off during the day, it makes perfect sense. Now, if we could just trick our bodies into not feeling like crap.
    Actually I don't feel like crap, which is why I've leveled off my low carb days at 70-100. When I don't do carbs in the AM it destroys my day and I feel like crap. Like I said I want to be able to do this long term so I need to feel human, Keto makes me feel horrid. My w/o's are still good also, another reason I choose these numbers.
  18. Board Supporter

Smart man, you'll have great results for sure.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Airborne goes Anabolic - Cycle Not For The Weak!
    By Airborne42 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3918
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 02:31 PM
  2. X-Factor and Animal Test - Not for the weak!
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 07:16 AM
  3. Somidren GH: Not for the weak!
    By jjohn in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 11:20 AM
  4. K1....this $hit is not for the weak at heart.
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 11:48 PM