diet input

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
hey bros,

here is a sample of my diet. i rotate the salmon/talapia/and ground turkey meals for different days. Everything else is pretty much set in stone. I am looking to drop some decent bodyfat/weight. I am also doing a practice run of preparing for a contest incase i ever decide to compete. i am not supplementing with any type of fat burner/stimulant. any comments/changes will be gladly appreciated.

stats

5'9
185lbs
bf 8-10%

meal one
6 egg whites
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 serving of unsweetend applesauce

307 calories/27g Protein/43g carbs/3g fat

meal two

1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1 can of tuna
1 tablespoon of light miracle whip

436 calories/40g protein/19g fat

meal three

1 chicken breast
1 cup of broccoli
2 tablespoons of natty pb

428 calories/ 44g protein/21g fat

meal four

2 scoops protein powder
1 packet gatorade mix

496 calories/44g protein/66g carb/4g fat

meal five

1 chicken breast
1 sweet potato

342 calories/36g protein/28g carbs/5g fat

meal six

2 salmon fillets
1 cup broccoli
1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil

353 calories/42g protein/8g carb/30g fat

TOTALS:
2363 calories
233g protein
157g carbs
82g fat

I basically started this diet about 1 month ago, i started cleaning up my diet for the first week. now i am performing a.m cardio 5 days a week. i started out doing 25 minutes the first week then 30 minutes the next week, this week i am on 35 minutes. I am going to gradually work my way up to 45 minutes week by week.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
looks really solid man. Only thing I could reccomend would be swapping out the sun flower seeds for almonds.

Im assuming that the 2 scoops of whey and the gatorade is your preworkout? I think you would be much better off haveing some whole food carbs prior to lifting like oats rather than gatorade mix especially when trying to cut.

looking pretty solid though

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know man, Im a female and eat that for calories on training days and 1800 on off training days. I think your carbs are too low and your fat is too high. Your food choices look good, the only thing I would change is the applesauce, even at natural, id switch it for a lite yogurt which has about 12 grams protein at Krogers. And I hope your sunflower seeds are unsalted as well.

You say you have been on this for a month already, what have you seen for results in that time?

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
looks really solid man. Only thing I could reccomend would be swapping out the sun flower seeds for almonds.

Im assuming that the 2 scoops of whey and the gatorade is your preworkout? I think you would be much better off haveing some whole food carbs prior to lifting like oats rather than gatorade mix especially when trying to cut.

looking pretty solid though

the protein powder and gatorade are postwork out bro. i have thought about the almonds, but they can get expensive. thanks for the input bro.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
I dont know man, Im a female and eat that for calories on training days and 1800 on off training days. I think your carbs are too low and your fat is too high. Your food choices look good, the only thing I would change is the applesauce, even at natural, id switch it for a lite yogurt which has about 12 grams protein at Krogers. And I hope your sunflower seeds are unsalted as well.

You say you have been on this for a month already, what have you seen for results in that time?

i have actually seen good results from this diet so far. Definately alot of definition is coming into play. the weight is not falling off, which is actually good because im looking to preserve some muscle. if i understand correctly i thought you were supposed to combat lack of carbs with healthy fats? I will try the yogurt, but the applesauce sure does make the oatmeal go down better! The sunflower seeds are roasted/unsalted. also i carb up saturday/sunday. this next week im going to bump the carbs up and take a couple fat meals out to see how my body reacts to it. thanks alot for the comments guys/gals.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the protein powder and gatorade are postwork out bro. i have thought about the almonds, but they can get expensive. thanks for the input bro.
IMO you need to get rid of the gatorade mix. Go with some oats PWO>

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
IMO you need to get rid of the gatorade mix. Go with some oats PWO>

Howcome bro? the gatorade is a dextrose/sucrose mix, and i thought simple sugars were key in pwo nutrition, also meal 5 is my ppwo meal and i consume it 1hr after my pwo meal.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
based on the grams you listed for daily intake here are your calorie breakdown:

932 protein calories
628 carb calories
738 fat calories

do you not see whats wrong with this picture?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established

932 protein calories
628 carb calories
738 fat calories

Looks to me like someone might want to lower the fat and up the carbs and protein a little.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
whether you need the high insulin spike post workout is still up in the air and open to debate. However when looking to cut bf I feel your much better off going low gi for post. Even when bulking I still go low gi post workout.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established

932 protein calories
628 carb calories
738 fat calories

ok, thanks for making it a little clearer. i am going to drop the natty pb/sunflower seeds and stick with flaxseed for my pro/fat meals. im thinking 4 meals of pro/carb and two of pro/fat, with the pro-fat meals being consumed later in the evening.carbs will be coming from sweet potatos/oats/rice/beans.

thanks again fitnfirm

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
whether you need the high insulin spike post workout is still up in the air and open to debate. However when looking to cut bf I feel your much better off going low gi for post. Even when bulking I still go low gi post workout.

thanks for the input bro

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IMO it looks too low. Definetely not my tastes. And also, if you've already been on this diet for a month you probably want to try to switch it up, maybe increase calories. When you drop this low on calories for an extended period of time it can slow down metabolism considerably, especially if the demand from the body is great. It looks really solid but maybe you could add a meal or something.

Drop gatorade, add oats.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok, thanks for making it a little clearer. i am going to drop the natty pb/sunflower seeds and stick with flaxseed for my pro/fat meals. im thinking 4 meals of pro/carb and two of pro/fat, with the pro-fat meals being consumed later in the evening.carbs will be coming from sweet potatos/oats/rice/beans.

thanks again fitnfirm
I use a similar approach myself and have found it to work quite nicely for fatloss. I ensure that the meals surrounding my workout are of the protein/carb variety, even if I'm working out in the evening.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
IMO it looks too low. Definetely not my tastes. And also, if you've already been on this diet for a month you probably want to try to switch it up, maybe increase calories. When you drop this low on calories for an extended period of time it can slow down metabolism considerably, especially if the demand from the body is great. It looks really solid but maybe you could add a meal or something.

Drop gatorade, add oats.

thanks bro, next week im going to drop all the fats except for the flaxseed and bump my carbs up to around 225-250. hopefully this will shock my body into some change. also my cardio will be up to 40 minutes in the a.m. just trying to find what works best for me.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. You're body is a very adaptive creature. Keep changing things up. Don't change too much of what you are doing in the gym, intensity is key. Keep weights high as I find this crucial. Keep morning cardio solid. Alternate carbs. Take is day by day and you'll reach success.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
im gonna push it natty for a couple more weeks, then im gonna use some sort of weight loss supplement. any suggestions bros?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
an ec+gt stack, c2, camP, dicana, lean extreme would be my suggestions. (not all stacked together of course.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find sesamin is a great addition when cutting bodyfat.