Quest for the Perfect 10

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just wanted some advice on a new cutting diet I will be doing for 4 weeks. Goal is to cut 2-3% BF while retaining my hard earned muscle.

Meal 1 : Oats (1/2 cup), whey shake, 1 cup 0% milk

Meal 2 : Can o' tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread

Meal 3 (preworkout) : whey shake, 1 cup 0% milk, 1 slice bread, 1 tablespoon natty PB

Meal 4 (postworkout) : whey shake x2, 1 cup 0% milk

Meal 5 : Chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 eggs

Totals 2105 43 175 240 (F:C:p)

I will also be dosing EXCEL at 6 servings on workout days, 3 on off days.

I would like to get rid of the preworkout shake but don't feel right working out on a full stomach... suggestions?
Thanks fellas,
cc

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
So looks like I have found an alternative for the preworkout meal. I will substitute with 1/2 cup low fat cottage chees, 1/2 cup yogurt.

Diet now looks like this:

Meal 3 (preworkout) : 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 slice bread, 1 tablespoon natty PB

Meal 4 (postworkout) : whey shake x2, 1 cup 0% milk

Meal 5 : Chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 eggs

Totals 2087 43 177 233 (F:C:p) roughly, 20:30:50

cc

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
what are your current stats as its hard to know if your cals and such are apporporiate for your build

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You need a before-bed meal....Something like cottage cheese would work.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I workout before bed, so the last thing I eat is Meal 5. Pretty full at this point....
cc

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Not enough calories i would assume. My cut calories is at 2400 ish and i'm 5'8" You should at least be in nthat ball park. 2k calories with supps is too drastic for retaining muscle on top of losing BF in 4 weeks...imho and personal experience

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Not enough calories i would assume. My cut calories is at 2400 ish and i'm 5'8" You should at least be in nthat ball park. 2k calories with supps is too drastic for retaining muscle on top of losing BF in 4 weeks...imho and personal experience
Do you have a high BMR? Mine is relatively low... so I'm guessing I should add another meal between meal 2 and 3. Would another bout of cottage cheese and yogurt do the trick? Would only add another 150 calories though... any suggestions?
cc

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Not really but at 2100 calories i was burning muscle and the only supps was venom and caffeine pills.

I would drop the PB and toast from the pre workout and add rolled oats to the protein drink and add a meal before that shake with a couple pieces of whole wheat bread and a tbls or two of PB.

And what does whey shakex2 mean? two scoops of whey? If so the average shake with a cup of milk would be 60ish grams of protein?

My personal post shake is 1 scoop of whey 1.5 cups skim milk and 1 serving rolled oats ground up. 45min to an hour later I have a tuna sammitch or chicken tender sammitch...

Example of one of my days is

Total: 2403
Fat: 44 397 17%
Sat: 10 90 4%
Poly: 2 19 1%
Mono: 3 25 1%
Carbs: 215 750 32%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 292 1168 50%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Usually have about 10 grams more fiber but had to sub some other food from my normal and lost out on the fiber.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Not really but at 2100 calories i was burning muscle and the only supps was venom and caffeine pills.

I would drop the PB and toast from the pre workout and add rolled oats to the protein drink and add a meal before that shake with a couple pieces of whole wheat bread and a tbls or two of PB.

And what does whey shakex2 mean? two scoops of whey? If so the average shake with a cup of milk would be 60ish grams of protein?

My personal post shake is 1 scoop of whey 1.5 cups skim milk and 1 serving rolled oats ground up. 45min to an hour later I have a tuna sammitch or chicken tender sammitch...

Example of one of my days is

Total: 2403
Fat: 44 397 17%
Sat: 10 90 4%
Poly: 2 19 1%
Mono: 3 25 1%
Carbs: 215 750 32%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 292 1168 50%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%
The shake is about 53 gram protein post workout. I follow this up with the biggest meal of the day.

Is this what you are suggesting?

Meal 3 : 2 slices bread, 2 tbls natty PB

Meal 4 (preworkout) : 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 5 (postworkout) : whey shake x2, 1 cup 0% milk

Meal 6 : Chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 eggs

Totals 2457 57 226 249 (F:C:p) roughly, 22:35:43

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
That's roughly the macro breakdown but the food sources are up to you. I found personally anything over 45-50 grams of protein at once had bloat effects and the resulting gas burned my eyes :p

I think that would be a great srtarting point and gradually work up or down from there depending on your results...

Use a tape measure and go off that for BF gain or loss instead of the scale. Arms,chest,legs,waist. Keep them up to date and you'll be able to use the gains or loss to adjust your calories.

paying attention to your body and keeping good records and getting solid workouts with proper rest plays a role as well as what you eat. it'll take a lot of discipline to get your goal in that time but if you stick to it and listen to these guys you'll meet it.

I don't know if he's taking clients but if this goal is a very important one I would suggest getting with Bobo and going on his Cut plan.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
That's roughly the macro breakdown but the food sources are up to you. I found personally anything over 45-50 grams of protein at once had bloat effects and the resulting gas burned my eyes :p

I think that would be a great srtarting point and gradually work up or down from there depending on your results...

Use a tape measure and go off that for BF gain or loss instead of the scale. Arms,chest,legs,waist. Keep them up to date and you'll be able to use the gains or loss to adjust your calories.

paying attention to your body and keeping good records and getting solid workouts with proper rest plays a role as well as what you eat. it'll take a lot of discipline to get your goal in that time but if you stick to it and listen to these guys you'll meet it.

I don't know if he's taking clients but if this goal is a very important one I would suggest getting with Bobo and going on his Cut plan.
Thanks for the advice. I think my goals are reasonable, and flexible so that should also render them achievable. Jesus what was that a limeric.
I usually dont have any problems dropping down to 10% for my summer cut, just wanted to tweak my diet a bit and was at a loss for damn meal ideas.

Maybe I will start a log in 2 weeks when this begins.

cc

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I think my goals are reasonable, and flexible so that should also render them achievable. Jesus what was that a limeric.
I usually dont have any problems dropping down to 10% for my summer cut, just wanted to tweak my diet a bit and was at a loss for damn meal ideas.

Maybe I will start a log in 2 weeks when this begins.

cc
You should, I'd read it. Logs provide good moitvation to keep going and do your best.