Quest for the Perfect 10 - AnabolicMinds.com

Quest for the Perfect 10

  1. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    Quest for the Perfect 10


    Hey guys, just wanted some advice on a new cutting diet I will be doing for 4 weeks. Goal is to cut 2-3% BF while retaining my hard earned muscle.

    Meal 1 : Oats (1/2 cup), whey shake, 1 cup 0% milk

    Meal 2 : Can o' tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread

    Meal 3 (preworkout) : whey shake, 1 cup 0% milk, 1 slice bread, 1 tablespoon natty PB

    Meal 4 (postworkout) : whey shake x2, 1 cup 0% milk

    Meal 5 : Chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 eggs

    Totals 2105 43 175 240 (F:C:P)

    I will also be dosing EXCEL at 6 servings on workout days, 3 on off days.

    I would like to get rid of the preworkout shake but don't feel right working out on a full stomach... suggestions?
    Thanks fellas,
    cc

  2. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    So looks like I have found an alternative for the preworkout meal. I will substitute with 1/2 cup low fat cottage chees, 1/2 cup yogurt.

    Diet now looks like this:


    Meal 1 : Oats (1/2 cup), whey shake, 1 cup 0% milk

    Meal 2 : Can o' tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread

    Meal 3 (preworkout) : 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 slice bread, 1 tablespoon natty PB

    Meal 4 (postworkout) : whey shake x2, 1 cup 0% milk

    Meal 5 : Chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 eggs

    Totals 2087 43 177 233 (F:C:P) roughly, 20:30:50

    cc
  3. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    what are your current stats as its hard to know if your cals and such are apporporiate for your build
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    what are your current stats as its hard to know if your cals and such are apporporiate for your build
    Sorry, 6'.5" (yes, that's a half inch), 195 lbs, 12.5% BF.
    cc
  5. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8454

    Reputation

    You need a before-bed meal....Something like cottage cheese would work.
  6. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    I workout before bed, so the last thing I eat is Meal 5. Pretty full at this point....
    cc
  7. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Not enough calories i would assume. My cut calories is at 2400 ish and i'm 5'8" You should at least be in nthat ball park. 2k calories with supps is too drastic for retaining muscle on top of losing BF in 4 weeks...imho and personal experience
  8. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Not enough calories i would assume. My cut calories is at 2400 ish and i'm 5'8" You should at least be in nthat ball park. 2k calories with supps is too drastic for retaining muscle on top of losing BF in 4 weeks...imho and personal experience
    Do you have a high BMR? Mine is relatively low... so I'm guessing I should add another meal between meal 2 and 3. Would another bout of cottage cheese and yogurt do the trick? Would only add another 150 calories though... any suggestions?
    cc
  9. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Not really but at 2100 calories i was burning muscle and the only supps was venom and caffeine pills.


    I would drop the PB and toast from the pre workout and add rolled oats to the protein drink and add a meal before that shake with a couple pieces of whole wheat bread and a tbls or two of PB.

    And what does whey shakex2 mean? two scoops of whey? If so the average shake with a cup of milk would be 60ish grams of protein?

    My personal post shake is 1 scoop of whey 1.5 cups skim milk and 1 serving rolled oats ground up. 45min to an hour later I have a tuna sammitch or chicken tender sammitch...

    Example of one of my days is


    Total: 2403
    Fat: 44 397 17%
    Sat: 10 90 4%
    Poly: 2 19 1%
    Mono: 3 25 1%
    Carbs: 215 750 32%
    Fiber: 27 0 0%
    Protein: 292 1168 50%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%
  10. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Usually have about 10 grams more fiber but had to sub some other food from my normal and lost out on the fiber.
  11. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Not really but at 2100 calories i was burning muscle and the only supps was venom and caffeine pills.


    I would drop the PB and toast from the pre workout and add rolled oats to the protein drink and add a meal before that shake with a couple pieces of whole wheat bread and a tbls or two of PB.

    And what does whey shakex2 mean? two scoops of whey? If so the average shake with a cup of milk would be 60ish grams of protein?

    My personal post shake is 1 scoop of whey 1.5 cups skim milk and 1 serving rolled oats ground up. 45min to an hour later I have a tuna sammitch or chicken tender sammitch...

    Example of one of my days is


    Total: 2403
    Fat: 44 397 17%
    Sat: 10 90 4%
    Poly: 2 19 1%
    Mono: 3 25 1%
    Carbs: 215 750 32%
    Fiber: 27 0 0%
    Protein: 292 1168 50%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    The shake is about 53 gram protein post workout. I follow this up with the biggest meal of the day.

    Is this what you are suggesting?

    Meal 1 : Oats (1/2 cup), whey shake, 1 cup 0% milk

    Meal 2 : Can o' tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread

    Meal 3 : 2 slices bread, 2 tbls natty PB

    Meal 4 (preworkout) : 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup oats

    Meal 5 (postworkout) : whey shake x2, 1 cup 0% milk

    Meal 6 : Chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 eggs

    Totals 2457 57 226 249 (F:C:P) roughly, 2243
  12. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    That's roughly the macro breakdown but the food sources are up to you. I found personally anything over 45-50 grams of protein at once had bloat effects and the resulting gas burned my eyes :P

    I think that would be a great srtarting point and gradually work up or down from there depending on your results...

    Use a tape measure and go off that for BF gain or loss instead of the scale. Arms,chest,legs,waist. Keep them up to date and you'll be able to use the gains or loss to adjust your calories.

    paying attention to your body and keeping good records and getting solid workouts with proper rest plays a role as well as what you eat. it'll take a lot of discipline to get your goal in that time but if you stick to it and listen to these guys you'll meet it.

    I don't know if he's taking clients but if this goal is a very important one I would suggest getting with Bobo and going on his Cut plan.
  13. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    That's roughly the macro breakdown but the food sources are up to you. I found personally anything over 45-50 grams of protein at once had bloat effects and the resulting gas burned my eyes :P

    I think that would be a great srtarting point and gradually work up or down from there depending on your results...

    Use a tape measure and go off that for BF gain or loss instead of the scale. Arms,chest,legs,waist. Keep them up to date and you'll be able to use the gains or loss to adjust your calories.

    paying attention to your body and keeping good records and getting solid workouts with proper rest plays a role as well as what you eat. it'll take a lot of discipline to get your goal in that time but if you stick to it and listen to these guys you'll meet it.

    I don't know if he's taking clients but if this goal is a very important one I would suggest getting with Bobo and going on his Cut plan.
    Thanks for the advice. I think my goals are reasonable, and flexible so that should also render them achievable. Jesus what was that a limeric.
    I usually dont have any problems dropping down to 10% for my summer cut, just wanted to tweak my diet a bit and was at a loss for damn meal ideas.

    Maybe I will start a log in 2 weeks when this begins.

    cc
  14. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11680

    Reputation

    Looking forward to seeing the log man, good luck!
  15. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8454

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    Thanks for the advice. I think my goals are reasonable, and flexible so that should also render them achievable. Jesus what was that a limeric.
    I usually dont have any problems dropping down to 10% for my summer cut, just wanted to tweak my diet a bit and was at a loss for damn meal ideas.

    Maybe I will start a log in 2 weeks when this begins.

    cc
    You should, I'd read it. Logs provide good moitvation to keep going and do your best.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Looking for the perfect weight loss diet plan but cheap
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM
  2. A weekend warrior's quest for the epi -- my 1st cycle
    By pcproffy in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM
  3. Highlanda01602's Quest for the USMC 300 PFT
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
  4. Replies: 146
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 05:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in