How much casein daily??

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
I've got 50lbs. of chocolate casein that I've been hitting pretty hard. I'm cutting and was just using in for night time meals. The past two weeks I've been consuming 3 scoops in water 6:30AM and another 3 around 10:30PM. Is there anything I'm over looking here? On paper it looked like a good way to "bookend" my daily diet.

Cutting for a cruise the leaves July 23rd, don't want to screw this up!!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Casein is a good addition to other proteins in that it is basically a slow released form. That is why it is good to take at night while you are sleeping for 7+ hours. Don't make it your soul source of protein, however.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
No, not my soul source. Just an adder to keep intake high.
Here is an example from yesterdays intake.

M1 (6:30AM) 3 scoops ATW casein
M2 (9:30AM) 24 oz ground turkey
M3 (12:30PM) 15 oz chicken
M4 (3:30PM) 2 scoops ATW whey blend pre-wo
M5 (8:00PM) 9.3 oz pork loin
M6 (10:30PM) 3 scoops ATW casein

Thats the protein breakdown. There were steamed veggies and brown/wild rice included with M2 & M5.

Would it be better to use whey in the morning and save casein just for night time?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Thing is while that casein sits in your gut slowly digesting the meals you eat after it aren't getting digested as quickly as they normally could, I'd only use casein for bed-time or if I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat for 6 hours or so.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
I see what you mean. But by that logic, would that be like front loading with an esterfied AAS? I take in the casein in the morning and each additional "dose" adds by taking advantage of the "half-life" of each previous intake.

Man, I have the we weirdest though process...

Thing is while that casein sits in your gut slowly digesting the meals you eat after it aren't getting digested as quickly as they normally could, I'd only use casein for bed-time or if I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat for 6 hours or so.