Critique diet please

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Here's my diet so far. Goal is to lose Body fat.

Morning.
oatmeal, water.

lunch.
PBJ, water

After Cardio
Poweraide Option (basically Propel)

Dinner.
some sort of low fat, low transfat, low cholestrol meal that dad cooks.

And watered down sweet tea (I'd go nuts if I had to drink water for a third time in a row)

Anytime after dinner.
Water

occassional snacks
snack crackers with no tranfat

Thoughts?

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Hey buddy, what's up. It's the shocker.

I think you need to eat more.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
go check out the nutrition forum. that looks anorexic!

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Thats what I thought too. I just don't like to cheat. I need more healthy things to eat but I'd preffer if they were fast to fix. I'll check it out.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I thought too. I just don't like to cheat. I need more healthy things to eat but I'd preffer if they were fast to fix. I'll check it out.
invest in tupperware and cook em a day prior.. easy fix

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Fitday.com keep track than alter things here and there. Start with 40 40 20 diet with around 2500 cals

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
OMG did I put the girl OPPPPS I meant to put the guy hehehe :toofunny: Jusssst Kidding Viper! :icon_lol:

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I was close to 2500 cal

2181 cal (I eat alot of carbs apparently)

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
PB and J is cheating bro, as is the sweet tea. Also, like everyone else said you need to eat a lot more.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd throw in some whole-grain/multi-grain bagels along with a chicken breast or tuna for starters....

animalXXX

Awards
yeah you're really not eating enough calories. try getting 6-7 meals a day. Eat about 5 oz of chicken or fish with all of them. First 3 meals have oatmeal with it, last 3 have broccoli with it. Make sure you drink about 1.5 gallon of water a day put crystal light in it and it will taste awsome. That's it bro... and by the way you owe me 150 bucks.. :D

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
yeah, if you don't like oatmeal all the time, use brown rice. Tubberware is your friend. I cook two cups of brown rice at a time, add some black beans to that and then grill about 3 - 4 lbs of chicken at a time. It can last me about 2 - 3 days. I will cook taco meat draining the fat too and bring in whole wheat wraps to change things up. I also always have canned chicken, canned tuna, and 90 second uncle bens brown rice near me for emergencys in case i forgot to cook or forgot my food, etc. When I get home for dinner, I will cook my veges in olive oil for my fats and have whatever meat I want. It gets pretty routine after a while. good luck.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
to add to this, here is an avg day for me:

7:30am - 1 Scoop On Whey, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup oats
10:00am - 1/2 mini wheat bagel, 1 tbsp natty pb (Not the best to combine these but its so small it really doesn't matter)
11:00am - (Pre WO) - Chicken Breast on Whole Wheat Bread
1:00 pm - (Post WO) - 1 Scoop On Whey, 1/2 - 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk
2:15 pm - 6-7 ozs Chicken, 1/2 cup (measured dry) brown rice, some black beans
5:00 pm - Chicken/Tuna Sandwich on Whole Wheat bread
8-9 pm - Choice of meat choice of lots of veges (Brocolli/green beans/cauliflower/etc....) cooked in some olive oil
10:30pm - Some Cottage cheese before bed

I have to vary portion sizes because I am more active other days, etc. but this could be a good baseline.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I'll prolly do whey when I wake up
Then Eggs (health study says that the yoke is actually good for you now) with Rotel in the eggs (love them peppers :) ) w/ Turkey Bacon (much leaner than pork bacon)
Turkey sandwich (helps me not get over kill on chicken)
A Special smoothe (milk add vanilla flavoring, then bananas and strawberries)
Dinner (what ever healthy stuff dad cooks)

Could cook Dirty Rice (It's cajun, no it's not really dirty), use lean beef, cook it and I'm good to go.

how's that looking?

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with egg yokes. Its total fat content over the day you have to worry about and the saturated fat it contains. When I make eggs, its usually 4-5 whites and a whole egg thrown in.

even though you want most of your protein coming from whole foods get a scoop of protein in that smoothie if you have to have it. Aim for 30g of protein in each meal. Unless your drinking 3 cups of milk, that won't cut it.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah I've also added eating a straight up mixture of Kraft shreaded cheese to get a more purely natural cheese to eat.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll prolly do whey when I wake up
Then Eggs (health study says that the yoke is actually good for you now) with Rotel in the eggs (love them peppers :) ) w/ Turkey Bacon (much leaner than pork bacon)
Turkey sandwich (helps me not get over kill on chicken)
A Special smoothe (milk add vanilla flavoring, then bananas and strawberries)
Dinner (what ever healthy stuff dad cooks)

Could cook Dirty Rice (It's cajun, no it's not really dirty), use lean beef, cook it and I'm good to go.

how's that looking?
Post up the fitday on this....there is NO way you're getting nearly enough calories...

Peterson gave you a great basic outline to work with, i'd defininitely consider something similar to that.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
actually believe it or not, I am getting the calories. I know it doesn't seem that way but, I am I did the calorie count on Fitday after the adjustments. I'm around 2,500 calories. What's throwing you off is that I hadn't listed the Quantity of the stuff I've eaten. That has a lot to do with calories you intake. I eat alot of this stuff at one time. My eggs and rotel are around 100 calories alone, another 90 from whey, then turkey bacon and cheese. I have noticed since I have done this that my energy levels have gone up instead of down like junk food. I can go all day, and walk around in hot/humid weather for a long time.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The new diet looks much much better. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but how much do you weigh? That would help in coming up with necessary calorie intake.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I weigh about 200, I've been jumping between 200-197 lately.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's approximate bodyfat level and what are your goals? 2500 calories is low for your bodyweight even if you're cutting right now.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
ic, well I haven't worked out in a long time. I have really no way to determine bodyfat other than I can pinch and jiggle it :) lol. My goal is to basically look like I did in hs a few years ago with my vains poppin out with little or no effort. I'm naturally strong, the last time I got on a leg press machine I did the whole stack at 400 lbs with mild effort.