what are pumps?

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

what are pumps?

THis seems like a stupid question but can someone explain what everyone means by pumps when talking about superdrol pheraplex and other supps? I know of good pumps that make you feel real swole after or during workouts, but what are these other pumps people talk about?

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.52%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    THis seems like a stupid question but can someone explain what everyone means by pumps when talking about superdrol pheraplex and other supps? I know of good pumps that make you feel real swole after or during workouts, but what are these other pumps people talk about?
    Same kind. Somtimes they are localized, ie lower back pumps. Also, when ON you tend to be perpetually pumped all over and following workouts you tend to look like a mutant from all the blood in your muscles. Its fun.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

That's what it is. More blood flow in muscles, you feel bigger, pumped.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

wow, but a lower back pump that is painful??? i guess ive never been there, unless it feels like a backache... my 1st two times taking Creethyl Thunder i felt huge pumps like a "mutant" but it has worn off now. Going to do a Phera cycle in about 1 1/2 so i should feel these "painful pumps"?
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran
    Last edited by Mulletsoldier; 07-11-2006 at 09:07 PM.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

great, so thats the big deal? i guess i wil pass then...
  7. IBE Representative
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    great, so thats the big deal? i guess i wil pass then...
    Actually there is a bit more to it.

Check out this link, especially paying attention to the second paragraph: The big pump: the pump is the key to bodybuilding growth. This six-week training, diet and supplement program will tell you how to get a maximum pump every workout to build maximum muscle Flex - FindArticles
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Why do supps such as CEE or SD target the lower back, is that just a really sensative area? I have to load up on Taurine when I take CEE.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.52%

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    Why do supps such as CEE or superdrol target the lower back, is that just a really sensative area? I have to load up on Taurine when I take CEE.
    While I have no scientific reason here is my explanation: The body part used the most at all times is probably the lower back. It really doesn't target the muscle its just that the lower back is constantly recruited to stablize the torso and body. Walking also very much recuits the lower back muscles, hence why the right shoes can minimize lower back pain. So the lower back gets "pumped" as if it were doing a very high rep workout. The pumps just get painful when AAS or CEE is introduced, hence the painful lower back pumps. Right or wrong, thats the best conclusion I have come to. Maybe someone else will chime in with a good scientific reason.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by aspire210
    While I have no scientific reason here is my explanation: The body part used the most at all times is probably the lower back. It really doesn't target the muscle its just that the lower back is constantly recruited to stablize the torso and body. Walking also very much recuits the lower back muscles, hence why the right shoes can minimize lower back pain. So the lower back gets "pumped" as if it were doing a very high rep workout. The pumps just get painful when anabolic steroids or CEE is introduced, hence the painful lower back pumps. Right or wrong, thats the best conclusion I have come to. Maybe someone else will chime in with a good scientific reason.
    Let's not forget the thread question, "What are pumps" as well...I didn't mean to hijack your thread and if I did...Sorry. I just thought it was an appropriate time to ask my question too.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.33%

From my understand, it's not a lower back "pump" on SD or PP. It's kidney pain...
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.52%

Quote Originally Posted by theshocker21
    From my understand, it's not a lower back "pump" on superdrol or PP. It's kidney pain...
    I don't know if your joking, but I have had kidney pain and it was not the same thing. It was very much a pump, like I was doing high rep deadlifts, or something, all day long.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Lower back muscles are constantly in motion, so to speak and these PH's cause a worked muscle to get filled with blood and 'pumped' Just think when your arm is swollen after a workout and you lose the flexability you had prior. Same with the lower back.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

okay i think that clears things up for me. i just hope its not kidney pain people get it confused with but as far as i can tell kidney pain is a whole nother feeling. thanks for the replies
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

Yeah, kidney pain usuallygets confused with prostate pain . Keep the oral supps spread out over the days and drink plenty of water. If you're unsure then you should get some blood work done.

Kidney pain is way different and stones or infection are usually present.

Infection
    severe pain on one side of the body near the lower ribs, abdomen, back, or groin, fever, chills with shaking, and nausea and vomiting.

Kidney mass/stone

Nephrolithiasis is the presence of a hard mass (or stone) in the kidney. Kidney stones may be made up of a variety of chemicals, with the most common one being calcium. Kidney stones occur more frequently in men than women and more frequently in Caucasians than in African Americans. The more common age of occurrence is between 20-40 years of age. They are more likely to occur to a person with a family history of kidney stones, and to a person after a first occurrence. The symptoms are: sharp, "spasm like" pain in the back, side, lower abdomen or groin. Nausea and vomiting may also be present.

Kidney pain FAQ

Similar Forum Threads

1. What are "back pumps?"
    By DGA3 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:58 PM
  2. What are your goals?
    By Workman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
  3. what are superdrol back pumps from?
    By nattyHST in forum Anabolics