Good news Potheads

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I always didn't have one. It took talking to a lot of people and finally opening my ability to accept input. I still don't think it's a substance to be used but i'm by far a judge or perfect. I just tell people to weigh the consequences and always be safe when using any body or mind altering substance.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.8%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I always didn't have one. It took talking to a lot of people and finally opening my ability to accept input. I still don't think it's a substance to be used but i'm by far a judge or perfect. I just tell people to weigh the consequences and always be safe when using any body or mind altering substance.
    That's a healthy attitude and refreshing to hear. It shows your not just a man behind a badge.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Gokmog
    eating it, cooked into the fats.. provided much more of a "heart high" than smoking. i think the active compounds were traveling with the fatty acids, or, the saturated fatty acids broken down into ketone bodies, into the heart. now, the heart being about two thirds nervous tissue by weight.. that was quite a consciousness raising experience.

I agree. Eating it makes the high much more enjoyable to me and that way I don't have to smoke, since smoking isn't my favorite thing to do.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I could picture it now...... people in instant realization they dont have their belts on and they are speeding. they slow down and do the seat belt dance to get it on in a hurry. As they pass the officer they dont look, so as not to be obvious, and he seems to overlook their mistakes. A sigh goes out and the sweat is wiped from their heads, and the officer..... well hes on the good news pot heads thread at am. lol k im bored lol.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.46%

Smoking before working out .. I just can't do that but after no problem. I tell you a good buzz is a monster drink or something like focus xt + weed. No lethargy but a great buzz.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.91%

Grifter or anyone else, exactly how and what do u eat it with, I know it is done by grinding and mixing in with the all time great idea, brownies, but I have never tried it yet, I would have a hard time just grinding up my bag and pouring it in something, of course maybe I,m just weird like that......
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

RipdnTxs,

Best way to process any lipid-soluble herb into an edible product is by using an edible fat that's a solid at room or fridge-temps. (34F, etc).

For instance, you could:

• Take 1lb of butter, place it in large pot with distilled H2O, cover and bring to a boil.
    • When it reaches boiling temp, dump in your fat-soluble plant matter.
    • cover and bring down to a low boil for about 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    • Cool, and strain through a cheese cloth into another container, squeeze out the cheese cloth twisting and squeezing it until you squeeze out all the liquid.
    • You should reboil the plant matter for another hour in fresh dH2O, and strain with the same cheese cloth as described above.
    • Combine this 2nd extract with the 1st.
    • Discard the plant matter, as most of the necessary actives will be extracted
    • Place the pot with the melted butter/water into the fridge, cover, and leave it over night.
    • In the morning, your herb infused butter will be solidified at the top of the pot, scoop it out with a spoon. You can now use it to make your recipes.
    • Store it in an air tight plastic container in the freezer.
    • Generally, with lipid soluble herbs heating 'unlocks' more active components resulting in a much greater effect than if the plant were just eaten by itself. Also, extracting into the butter will result in no 'plant' taste in whatever you make with it.
    • You could go one step further with this and extract it into a monounsaturated fat, like flax or extra virgin olive oil. The separation will require a large separatory funnel, however as the these lipids are liquids unless brought to very low temps.

You can make a sep. funnel out of a plastic soda bottle, or buy a real one on Ebay or any online lab/science supplier. IMHO its worth the extra efforts, as in addition to whatever benefits your herb of choice may provide, you'll have the added benefits of the healthy fat as well.

BV
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I dunno why but I just got the munchies.
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.91%

Big V. how much water and did u mean a whole pound of butter or sixteen ounces of flax or olive oil ????
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Ripd,

Really doenst matter how much water, at least enough to submerge the whole mixture.

As for the amount of butter/oil to add, that doesnt matter either. Look at it this way, Potency = the ratio of amount of oil / the amount of herb. The more herbal product and the less butter, the more potent the butter. And visa verse.

Now! Ive got to go make me some Cissus infused Flax Oil !!!

BV
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Viperspit
    good point. big brotha doesn't have anything in it for them.....for now. Could be a tax generator in the future

Weed and juice could make HUGE profits for the same asswholes that keep them illegal
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.66%

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Eating it makes it harder to judge the dose, my only problem with that. Unless you know the weed you're getting you could dose yourself too much. That's why all told I preferred smoking and munching on my prepared goodies.
    Well, CDB... you could make it into the frosting, m'kay?

Buttercream Icing:

1 cup fat (butter or whatever)
    1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
    4 cups sifted confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
    2 tablespoons of liquid

it's the same idea as for making an herb and spice infused "tadka". just modify it for the medicinal marijuana by cooking the powdered marijuana into the butter, you don't even have to use all the butter in the recipe, just enough to mix into the marijuana for THC extraction.

i personally enjoy the taste of good marijuana. it tastes like it smells. if they made a non-psychoactive version of pollen and resin heavy hemp i would probably enjoy using it in my own food.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.18%

Eh, I don't use anymore so it's not an issue really. If someone is passing around a joint at a party I might have taken a hit until recently, but for the most part it just makes me pass out these days so I just don't do it anymore.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.64%

CDB, History channel has a show on you should see if you haven't already. It's called hooked. I'm watching cocaine right now but marijuana is up next. Dispells a lot of myths and how they became illegal etc.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    CDB, History channel has a show on you should see if you haven't already. It's called hooked. I'm watching cocaine right now but marijuana is up next. Dispells a lot of myths and how they became illegal etc.
    I'll keep an eye out for a reairing of them, missed them last night. Thanks, this is something I definitely want to see.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.66%

it's just disgusting how the federal government used racial stereotypes to push its agenda.

from what we know now it seems a mid-20's or so age requirement would be the best way to legalize THC. we could have fermented marijuana (bhang) and vaporizers and edibles.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.75%

hahaha i love pot
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.58%

Quote Originally Posted by skip2k5
    hahaha i love pot
    Well you do have a point....... or do you? I wanna talk to samson.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Good news, Bad News..
    By Poobah in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
  2. Bloodwork after 20+ weeks on. GOOD NEWS!
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
  3. Talk about "potentially" good news.
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 02:32 PM
  4. good news and bad news
    By Skye in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:29 PM
  5. YES- Finally some GOOD news on the PH Ban!
    By Chuck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 09:43 AM