Good news Potheads
- 07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I always didn't have one. It took talking to a lot of people and finally opening my ability to accept input. I still don't think it's a substance to be used but i'm by far a judge or perfect. I just tell people to weigh the consequences and always be safe when using any body or mind altering substance.
- 07-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
- 07-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gokmog
I agree. Eating it makes the high much more enjoyable to me and that way I don't have to smoke, since smoking isn't my favorite thing to do.
07-27-2006, 01:38 PM
I could picture it now...... people in instant realization they dont have their belts on and they are speeding. they slow down and do the seat belt dance to get it on in a hurry. As they pass the officer they dont look, so as not to be obvious, and he seems to overlook their mistakes. A sigh goes out and the sweat is wiped from their heads, and the officer..... well hes on the good news pot heads thread at am. lol k im bored lol.
07-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Smoking before working out .. I just can't do that but after no problem. I tell you a good buzz is a monster drink or something like focus xt + weed. No lethargy but a great buzz.
07-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Grifter or anyone else, exactly how and what do u eat it with, I know it is done by grinding and mixing in with the all time great idea, brownies, but I have never tried it yet, I would have a hard time just grinding up my bag and pouring it in something, of course maybe I,m just weird like that......
07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Best way to process any lipid-soluble herb into an edible product is by using an edible fat that's a solid at room or fridge-temps. (34F, etc).
For instance, you could:
- Take 1lb of butter, place it in large pot with distilled H2O, cover and bring to a boil.
- When it reaches boiling temp, dump in your fat-soluble plant matter.
- cover and bring down to a low boil for about 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, and strain through a cheese cloth into another container, squeeze out the cheese cloth twisting and squeezing it until you squeeze out all the liquid.
- You should reboil the plant matter for another hour in fresh dH2O, and strain with the same cheese cloth as described above.
- Combine this 2nd extract with the 1st.
- Discard the plant matter, as most of the necessary actives will be extracted
- Place the pot with the melted butter/water into the fridge, cover, and leave it over night.
- In the morning, your herb infused butter will be solidified at the top of the pot, scoop it out with a spoon. You can now use it to make your recipes.
- Store it in an air tight plastic container in the freezer.
- Generally, with lipid soluble herbs heating 'unlocks' more active components resulting in a much greater effect than if the plant were just eaten by itself. Also, extracting into the butter will result in no 'plant' taste in whatever you make with it.
- You could go one step further with this and extract it into a monounsaturated fat, like flax or extra virgin olive oil. The separation will require a large separatory funnel, however as the these lipids are liquids unless brought to very low temps.
You can make a sep. funnel out of a plastic soda bottle, or buy a real one on Ebay or any online lab/science supplier. IMHO its worth the extra efforts, as in addition to whatever benefits your herb of choice may provide, you'll have the added benefits of the healthy fat as well.
07-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I dunno why but I just got the munchies.
07-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Big V. how much water and did u mean a whole pound of butter or sixteen ounces of flax or olive oil ????
07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Really doenst matter how much water, at least enough to submerge the whole mixture.
As for the amount of butter/oil to add, that doesnt matter either. Look at it this way, Potency = the ratio of amount of oil / the amount of herb. The more herbal product and the less butter, the more potent the butter. And visa verse.
Now! Ive got to go make me some Cissus infused Flax Oil !!!
07-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Viperspit
Weed and juice could make HUGE profits for the same asswholes that keep them illegal
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, CDB... you could make it into the frosting, m'kay?Originally Posted by CDB
1 cup fat (butter or whatever)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
4 cups sifted confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
2 tablespoons of liquid
it's the same idea as for making an herb and spice infused "tadka". just modify it for the medicinal marijuana by cooking the powdered marijuana into the butter, you don't even have to use all the butter in the recipe, just enough to mix into the marijuana for THC extraction.
i personally enjoy the taste of good marijuana. it tastes like it smells. if they made a non-psychoactive version of pollen and resin heavy hemp i would probably enjoy using it in my own food.
07-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Eh, I don't use anymore so it's not an issue really. If someone is passing around a joint at a party I might have taken a hit until recently, but for the most part it just makes me pass out these days so I just don't do it anymore.
07-28-2006, 08:47 PM
CDB, History channel has a show on you should see if you haven't already. It's called hooked. I'm watching cocaine right now but marijuana is up next. Dispells a lot of myths and how they became illegal etc.
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll keep an eye out for a reairing of them, missed them last night. Thanks, this is something I definitely want to see.Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
it's just disgusting how the federal government used racial stereotypes to push its agenda.
from what we know now it seems a mid-20's or so age requirement would be the best way to legalize THC. we could have fermented marijuana (bhang) and vaporizers and edibles.
08-08-2006, 05:13 PM
08-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Well you do have a point....... or do you? I wanna talk to samson.Originally Posted by skip2k5
Similar Forum Threads
- By Poobah in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
- By CEDeoudes59 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 22Last Post: 10-12-2005, 09:14 AM
- By kwyckemynd00 in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
- By Skye in forum General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 09-10-2004, 12:29 PM
- By Chuck in forum AnabolicsReplies: 37Last Post: 06-25-2004, 08:43 AM