To Sleep Well On Vacation, Pack Your Pillow

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
As the lazy days of summer approach, Americans are doing their best to take advantage of vacation time and catch-up on their sleep.

The Carpenter Co. Sleep Better(TM) Survey found that 41% of Americans take their pillow when traveling on vacation (50% women; 31% men).

Sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus notes, "Sleeping away from home can be difficult, but a high-quality pillow can make all the difference. If you're not sure about the sleeping environment at your travel destination, an easy solution is to bring your own pillow with you."

The Carpenter Co. Sleep Better(TM) Survey was conducted by GfK NOP of Princeton, NJ. The survey consisted of a random digit-dial probability sample of 1,008 Americans.

Does your pillow really make that much difference? I think this is overstatted.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As the lazy days of summer approach, Americans are doing their best to take advantage of vacation time and catch-up on their sleep.

The Carpenter Co. Sleep Better(TM) Survey found that 41% of Americans take their pillow when traveling on vacation (50% women; 31% men).

Sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus notes, "Sleeping away from home can be difficult, but a high-quality pillow can make all the difference. If you're not sure about the sleeping environment at your travel destination, an easy solution is to bring your own pillow with you."

The Carpenter Co. Sleep Better(TM) Survey was conducted by GfK NOP of Princeton, NJ. The survey consisted of a random digit-dial probability sample of 1,008 Americans.

Does your pillow really make that much difference? I think this is overstatted.
The thing about motel pillows is that they are fricken dirty. If they aren't then it is one heck of a placebo effect for me because my complexion gets terrible when I am away from home. Feeling cleaner with my own pillow would make me sleep better. (I do realize my own pillow is nasty too, but its my own nasty.)

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
The thing about motel pillows is that they are fricken dirty. If they aren't then it is one heck of a placebo effect for me because my complexion gets terrible when I am away from home. Feeling cleaner with my own pillow would make me sleep better. (I do realize my own pillow is nasty too, but its my own nasty.)

so it's more mental than physical? never thought about it that way I guess.