wow im gonna puke
- 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
wow im gonna puke
ok so i usually have 1 cup egg whites with one egg (fried) for breakfast and i chew it then use water to swallow it without gagging and im getting tired of doing this every morning i dont think i can do it much longer i come right to tthe brink of puking every time.
so with that in mind..
would it have the same calorie/protein/carbs content if i take the raw eggs/egg and blend it with some whey then slurp it down?
i have searched on it, and there were some people saying the nutritional value remains the same, but a very few were saying it messes with the protein.
also, what kind should i buy that doesnt have salmonela and all these germs and such when it is raw??
do any of you slurp down raw eggs?
- 06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Actually I think there was a discussion on raw vs cooked eggs and I think the consensus is that you only break down 60% of the protein from raw vs like 80 something cooked.
But anyhow, I usually add like a cup or so eggwhites to a scoop of whey in the morning. Very easy and convienent.
06-16-2006, 12:11 AM
I've done some reading about salmonella and raw eggs--Entrez PubMed
= "The contribution of SE from commercially pasteurized egg products was estimated to be negligible."
I remember reading somewhere that .003% of commercial eggs are infected. That's 1 in every 30,000. And as far as absorption...well, add more eggs. I tried raw eggs with my shake and I couldn't do it and I'm by no means picky. Hope this works out better for you.
06-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By krogtaar in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2008, 11:26 PM
- By theshocker21 in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
- By aussiefrase in forum SupplementsReplies: 12Last Post: 11-10-2007, 03:53 AM
- By Socrates44 in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2006, 07:21 PM
- By FullyBuilt in forum AnabolicsReplies: 17Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:09 PM