Medium Well or Well Done?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Medium Well or Well Done??

Medium Well or Well Done??

When it comes to eating steak and eggs... Is it better to eat the eggs raw and the Steak Medium rare as to get more nutrients in it as opposed to cooking all the good stuff out of it? Just curious. Thanks.

-Trench

dont cook your steak well, it tastes nasty.

Talking

the best way to keep all the "good stuff" in is keeping the steak at medium, all the flavor and less risk of somthing germs and poach or boil the eggs
    •   

Don't eat your eggs raw, you're not Rocky Balboa and that was way overrated anyways. Cook your eggs to your liking as well as your steak. Medium is fine, I wouldn't go well unless you like chewing on shoe leather.

the biggest concern with eating your steak med-well or well done is the production of heterocyclic amines (HCAs) from the high heat. These have been known to produce several forms of cancer....of course, what they don't tell you is that grilled chicken produces way more HCA's anyways

Still, a lot of "healthful" sources recommend minimally cooked meats in general. And anyways, if your not eating your steak at least med-rare or medium, why eat the steak in the first place? Next your going to tell me you'll drop the Cabernet Sauvignon as well...

Reputation Reputation

Cook your eggs. You enhance the absorption of protein that way. I dont remember where I read this but I know that there is something in uncooked eggs that blocks the absorption of protein in that, and when cooked, you make the protein easier to digest and have more bioavailability.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn
    Cook your eggs. You enhance the absorption of protein that way. I dont remember where I read this but I know that there is something in uncooked eggs that blocks the absorption of protein in that, and when cooked, you make the protein easier to digest and have more bioavailability.
    That's in reference to the egg whites - needing to be cooked for full absorption as a protein. Dont know if that's an urban legend, but I've heard that in plenty of nutrition books, since I started bb'ing in the 80's.
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

rare is good

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
  3. Nolva: with PCS alone? Or with HDX2 as well?
    By TGD in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
  4. Check out this video (Job well done)!
    By Jim Mills in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 01:00 PM