To Carb Cycle or Not?

xcendo

Awards
I'm starting a cut now and I'm undecided whether or not I should cycle my carbohydrates or just stick with a clean 40/40/20 at 500 below maintenance. If I were to cycle my carbs, it would be like this:

Monday - high carb
Tuesday - no carb
Wednesday - low carb
Thursday - no carb
Friday - high carb
Saturday - low/high carb
Sunday - no carb

And the only carbs I'll be eating are brown rice, oats, yams, bran cereal, whole grain breads, and starchy vegetables.

The thing is, I train at a very high intensity. I'm getting back into a circuit training program called CrossFit (www.crossfit.com) that I've found to burn more calories than normal weight training or cardio. I'm afraid that doing this on no and low carb days (I really want to train 5-6x a week) will lead to overtraining, and possibly stall my cutting progress.

I also have to mention that I'll be using a heavy stack of supplements (alternating between albuterol, C2 + cAMP, Thyrogen-X, Cissus, Powerfull + Rebound Reloaded, and Sesamin) to help maintain muscle and speed up my metabolism. This has to be taken into consideration when planning out my diet.

Thank you for your input :)

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally, if your diet is that clean and those are your carb sources, I wouldn't carb cycle. Maybe keep them lower on off days.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I know I was debating the same question and my conclusion was to stay on a straight clean diet until I hit a wall, then I will implement carb cycling to spur on further fat loss. It's up to you but just something to think about. I think it's better to save the cycling rather than start with it, your body will get used to a straight diet faster so you'll have something to switch to without going keto.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I"m on lowered carbs right now and my workouts suck honestly I have no energy if your eating clean just stick with that