Diet Soda

• Thread starter rampage jackson
  • Start date
rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is WOW.

It's been some time since I've had any soda...let alone diet. So I'm shopping today, and I'm like "Diet Coke sounds good". Big Mistake! I fricking am soooo bloated after about half a 20oz bottle. Never again! Crystal Light all the way!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I like diet soda. Coke Zero can really get me through some junk food cravings. Crystal light is good too but sometimes I need a little bubbly, especially now that I don't drink beer.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Diet Coke :thumbsup: Yes, I feel bloated when I drink one as well, but it goes away in a few hours.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no bloat here! *sips Diet Coke* mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
He might just process the carbonation quickly: :gas:

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
No bloat for me.

Coke Zero = the shizzle.

Ddono25

Awards
Coke Zero is so much better than Diet Coke it's ridiculous.
Tastes the same as regular Coke. I used to get headaches drinking diet sodas and such. Now not so much. Damn aspartame addiction

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I'll give coke zero a try then :food:

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
All I can say is WOW.

It's been some time since I've had any soda...let alone diet. So I'm shopping today, and I'm like "Diet Coke sounds good". Big Mistake! I fricking am soooo bloated after about half a 20oz bottle. Never again! Crystal Light all the way!

It's a coca-cola product, what do you expect? If you want something diet without bloat, try Diet Lipton Green tea or Diet Lipton Green Tea Mixed Berry. Great products made by the best cola company Pepsi.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I prefer diet coke because I feel that Coke Zero is way to sweet tasting. If I am really craving sugar or something then coke zero works well but for just drinking if I want something other than the ussual crystal light diet coke all the way (and no bloat!) Coke zero does have 0 cals as well as opposed to 30 :)

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
I like diet soda. Coke Zero can really get me through some junk food cravings. Crystal light is good too but sometimes I need a little bubbly, especially now that I don't drink beer.
Same thing I do, but subsititute that Coke Zero for a Diet Pepsi.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I like Diet Sunkist and Diet Mt.Dew. Staples in my diet :D

HDLowrider

Awards
I've never been much of a diet cola fan but I prefer diet Pepsi over Coke. Actually to me one of the best tasting diet drinks is diet cherry 7-up.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Coke has very high carbonation, I burp alot on coke, but none at all on Dt. Mt Dew.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Off topic a little, but ever since I gave up caffeinated sodas, my incidence of headaches has gone way down. I have more energy, and I feel a lot better.

I can't tell you this for certain, but at least with stims other than caffeine, the net result is that they seem to do more harm than good. For what little temporary boost you get from them, the aftermath just doesn't justify taking them in the first place (at least for me. I understand everybody is different).

I have read that the reason that caffeine was added to soft drinks, is to make them addictive. I know lots of people at work that can't function, without their morning coffee.

At least for me, stims are like borrowing money from the bank at high interest. Okay, yes, you might need the boost right now, but in the long run, you're going to be better off if you just keep up with your cardio, and give yourself energy the natural way. At least that's how it works for me.

Yes, carbonated beverages make me feel bloated as all he11, and cause me gas.

'like the taste, but don't want so much gas? Pour your soda slowly into a warm glass, and let most the CO2 boil out before you drink it. Yes, your drink will be a little flat, but would you rather be farting and bloated for the next couple hours?

-Tinytoad
C10H15N free since '93 :)

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Off topic a little, but ever since I gave up caffeinated sodas, my incidence of headaches has gone way down. I have more energy, and I feel a lot better.

I can't tell you this for certain, but at least with stims other than caffeine, the net result is that they seem to do more harm than good. For what little temporary boost you get from them, the aftermath just doesn't justify taking them in the first place (at least for me. I understand everybody is different).

I have read that the reason that caffeine was added to soft drinks, is to make them addictive. I know lots of people at work that can't function, without their morning coffee.

At least for me, stims are like borrowing money from the bank at high interest. Okay, yes, you might need the boost right now, but in the long run, you're going to be better off if you just keep up with your cardio, and give yourself energy the natural way. At least that's how it works for me.

Yes, carbonated beverages make me feel bloated as all he11, and cause me gas.

'like the taste, but don't want so much gas? Pour your soda slowly into a warm glass, and let most the CO2 boil out before you drink it. Yes, your drink will be a little flat, but would you rather be farting and bloated for the next couple hours?

-Tinytoad
C10H15N free since '93 :)

I've heard that same exact thing from one of my psych professors, except it was the opposite. He told us that one of his collegues tried to give up coffee which she did successfully for about 2 months but she started getting the worse headaches. She tried everything to get rid of it but it never went away. She drank a cup of coffee just to see how that worked out and what do you know, her headache went away. Go figure...

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
When I gave up caffeine on a regular basis, I had an increase in the frequency in my headaches as I went through caffeine withdraw. Yes, it took a while, but I'm doing much better without the drug. And no, I can't tell you how long it took to ween myself off it it, but as I recall, it was more than a month. Similarly, when I stopped using desoxyephedrine, that took a couple of months for sure, and the process wasn't fun.

If I get an allergy induced headache, caffeine helps to get rid of it, but I'm prone to getting another headache once the caffeine goes away. Caffeine is a crutch. It's not some vital mineral or anything that's going to benefit you in the long run.

Caffeine is put in beverages to get you hooked. It's like nicotine in cigaretts, but not nearly as dangerous or addictive. However, it's addictive all the same, but to a much lesser extent.

Here's my experience.... want more energy, and want to feel better? Go work out at the gym four or five days per week, and get some good cardio in. Stay away from stims, and feel good and energetic, because you are in-shape and have built up your own endurance.

Using stims, is like borrowing money from the bank at high interest. Yes, in the short run, it might keep you going, but in the long run, it's going to sap the life out of you.

-Tinytoad

I've heard that same exact thing from one of my psych professors, except it was the opposite. He told us that one of his collegues tried to give up coffee which she did successfully for about 2 months but she started getting the worse headaches. She tried everything to get rid of it but it never went away. She drank a cup of coffee just to see how that worked out and what do you know, her headache went away. Go figure...

ryano

Awards
  • Established
It's a coca-cola product, what do you expect? If you want something diet without bloat, try Diet Lipton Green tea or Diet Lipton Green Tea Mixed Berry. Great products made by the best cola company Pepsi.

Whats the fixation with Pepsi?:afro:

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to drink 5 12 oz. diet cokes a day, whenever I felt the urge to pee it was like I had to go RIGHT now, this really sucked whenever I was not near a bathroom, I almost did the I gotta pee dance a few times, I now just have maybe one a day a few times a week and the need to go immediately has gone away, there have been a few times I would have three or four a day and it came right back, I,m done with that.....

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
diet sunkist, diet a&w rootbeer and diet dr pepper all are great diet colas taste terrible to me.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
I love diet A@W Root Beer...one of my favorite things on this planet.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I prefer diet coke because I feel that Coke Zero is way to sweet tasting. If I am really craving sugar or something then coke zero works well but for just drinking if I want something other than the ussual crystal light diet coke all the way (and no bloat!) Coke zero does have 0 cals as well as opposed to 30 :)
You're refering to the crystal light having 30 right?

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Whats the fixation with Pepsi?:afro:

To be honest the company is just better than cokes. I've worked for both companies and I had to say, Pepsi products taste better IMO ESP the water.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
When working out, what do you guys prefer, aquafina or dasani?

HDLowrider

Awards
One of the reasons I like diet 7-up is because of no caffeine. It's also sweetened with splenda which makes it taste much better imo. I love the diet cherry 7-up. If you haven't tried it give it a shot.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
To be honest the company is just better than cokes. I've worked for both companies and I had to say, Pepsi products taste better IMO ESP the water.

So basically your saying you work for Pepsi.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Davy25 Nutrition / Health 32
Nutrition / Health 40
brockles Weight Loss 1
Nutrition / Health 28
mister ed Nutrition / Health 43