Diet Soda

  1. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Diet Soda


    All I can say is WOW.

    It's been some time since I've had any soda...let alone diet. So I'm shopping today, and I'm like "Diet Coke sounds good". Big Mistake! I fricking am soooo bloated after about half a 20oz bottle. Never again! Crystal Light all the way!
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

  2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27399
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I like diet soda. Coke Zero can really get me through some junk food cravings. Crystal light is good too but sometimes I need a little bubbly, especially now that I don't drink beer.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  3. Senior Member
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    1002
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    75.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Diet Coke Yes, I feel bloated when I drink one as well, but it goes away in a few hours.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Rage (SoCal)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    1079
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    35.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    no bloat here! *sips Diet Coke* mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  5. Senior Member
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    1002
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    75.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    no bloat here! *sips Diet Coke* mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    I believe I get the bloat feeling because of all the carbination. Can't believe it doesn't hit you too. haha
  6. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10347
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    He might just process the carbonation quickly:
  7. Registered User
    jrkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    972
    Rep Power
    1995
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    51.48%

    No bloat for me.

    Coke Zero = the shizzle.
  8. New Member
    Ddono25's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%

    Coke Zero is so much better than Diet Coke it's ridiculous.
    Tastes the same as regular Coke. I used to get headaches drinking diet sodas and such. Now not so much. Damn aspartame addiction
  9. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I'll give coke zero a try then
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  10. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    26.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson
    All I can say is WOW.

    It's been some time since I've had any soda...let alone diet. So I'm shopping today, and I'm like "Diet Coke sounds good". Big Mistake! I fricking am soooo bloated after about half a 20oz bottle. Never again! Crystal Light all the way!


    It's a coca-cola product, what do you expect? If you want something diet without bloat, try Diet Lipton Green tea or Diet Lipton Green Tea Mixed Berry. Great products made by the best cola company Pepsi.
  11. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I prefer diet coke because I feel that Coke Zero is way to sweet tasting. If I am really craving sugar or something then coke zero works well but for just drinking if I want something other than the ussual crystal light diet coke all the way (and no bloat!) Coke zero does have 0 cals as well as opposed to 30
  12. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    26.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    I like diet soda. Coke Zero can really get me through some junk food cravings. Crystal light is good too but sometimes I need a little bubbly, especially now that I don't drink beer.
    Same thing I do, but subsititute that Coke Zero for a Diet Pepsi.
  13. New Member
    EESCHMan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    294
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Pepsi One, baby!

    uses Splenda...
  14. Senior Member
    bludevil's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,922
    Rep Power
    2748
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    99.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I like Diet Sunkist and Diet Mt.Dew. Staples in my diet
  15. New Member
    HDLowrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    45.57%

    I've never been much of a diet cola fan but I prefer diet Pepsi over Coke. Actually to me one of the best tasting diet drinks is diet cherry 7-up.
  16. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Coke has very high carbonation, I burp alot on coke, but none at all on Dt. Mt Dew.
  17. Advanced Member
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    84.65%

    Off topic a little, but ever since I gave up caffeinated sodas, my incidence of headaches has gone way down. I have more energy, and I feel a lot better.

    I can't tell you this for certain, but at least with stims other than caffeine, the net result is that they seem to do more harm than good. For what little temporary boost you get from them, the aftermath just doesn't justify taking them in the first place (at least for me. I understand everybody is different).

    I have read that the reason that caffeine was added to soft drinks, is to make them addictive. I know lots of people at work that can't function, without their morning coffee.

    At least for me, stims are like borrowing money from the bank at high interest. Okay, yes, you might need the boost right now, but in the long run, you're going to be better off if you just keep up with your cardio, and give yourself energy the natural way. At least that's how it works for me.

    Yes, carbonated beverages make me feel bloated as all he11, and cause me gas.

    'like the taste, but don't want so much gas? Pour your soda slowly into a warm glass, and let most the CO2 boil out before you drink it. Yes, your drink will be a little flat, but would you rather be farting and bloated for the next couple hours?

    -Tinytoad
    C10H15N free since '93
  18. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    26.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    Off topic a little, but ever since I gave up caffeinated sodas, my incidence of headaches has gone way down. I have more energy, and I feel a lot better.

    I can't tell you this for certain, but at least with stims other than caffeine, the net result is that they seem to do more harm than good. For what little temporary boost you get from them, the aftermath just doesn't justify taking them in the first place (at least for me. I understand everybody is different).

    I have read that the reason that caffeine was added to soft drinks, is to make them addictive. I know lots of people at work that can't function, without their morning coffee.

    At least for me, stims are like borrowing money from the bank at high interest. Okay, yes, you might need the boost right now, but in the long run, you're going to be better off if you just keep up with your cardio, and give yourself energy the natural way. At least that's how it works for me.

    Yes, carbonated beverages make me feel bloated as all he11, and cause me gas.

    'like the taste, but don't want so much gas? Pour your soda slowly into a warm glass, and let most the CO2 boil out before you drink it. Yes, your drink will be a little flat, but would you rather be farting and bloated for the next couple hours?

    -Tinytoad
    C10H15N free since '93

    I've heard that same exact thing from one of my psych professors, except it was the opposite. He told us that one of his collegues tried to give up coffee which she did successfully for about 2 months but she started getting the worse headaches. She tried everything to get rid of it but it never went away. She drank a cup of coffee just to see how that worked out and what do you know, her headache went away. Go figure...
  19. Advanced Member
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    647
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    84.65%

    When I gave up caffeine on a regular basis, I had an increase in the frequency in my headaches as I went through caffeine withdraw. Yes, it took a while, but I'm doing much better without the drug. And no, I can't tell you how long it took to ween myself off it it, but as I recall, it was more than a month. Similarly, when I stopped using desoxyephedrine, that took a couple of months for sure, and the process wasn't fun.

    If I get an allergy induced headache, caffeine helps to get rid of it, but I'm prone to getting another headache once the caffeine goes away. Caffeine is a crutch. It's not some vital mineral or anything that's going to benefit you in the long run.

    Caffeine is put in beverages to get you hooked. It's like nicotine in cigaretts, but not nearly as dangerous or addictive. However, it's addictive all the same, but to a much lesser extent.

    Here's my experience.... want more energy, and want to feel better? Go work out at the gym four or five days per week, and get some good cardio in. Stay away from stims, and feel good and energetic, because you are in-shape and have built up your own endurance.

    Using stims, is like borrowing money from the bank at high interest. Yes, in the short run, it might keep you going, but in the long run, it's going to sap the life out of you.

    -Tinytoad



    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    I've heard that same exact thing from one of my psych professors, except it was the opposite. He told us that one of his collegues tried to give up coffee which she did successfully for about 2 months but she started getting the worse headaches. She tried everything to get rid of it but it never went away. She drank a cup of coffee just to see how that worked out and what do you know, her headache went away. Go figure...
  20. Registered User
    ryano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    30.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    It's a coca-cola product, what do you expect? If you want something diet without bloat, try Diet Lipton Green tea or Diet Lipton Green Tea Mixed Berry. Great products made by the best cola company Pepsi.

    Whats the fixation with Pepsi?
  21. Board Supporter
    RipdnTxs2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    406
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    52.35%

    I used to drink 5 12 oz. diet cokes a day, whenever I felt the urge to pee it was like I had to go RIGHT now, this really sucked whenever I was not near a bathroom, I almost did the I gotta pee dance a few times, I now just have maybe one a day a few times a week and the need to go immediately has gone away, there have been a few times I would have three or four a day and it came right back, I,m done with that.....
  22. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    diet sunkist, diet a&w rootbeer and diet dr pepper all are great diet colas taste terrible to me.
  23. Registered User
    ryano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    30.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I love diet A@W Root Beer...one of my favorite things on this planet.
  24. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    I prefer diet coke because I feel that Coke Zero is way to sweet tasting. If I am really craving sugar or something then coke zero works well but for just drinking if I want something other than the ussual crystal light diet coke all the way (and no bloat!) Coke zero does have 0 cals as well as opposed to 30
    You're refering to the crystal light having 30 right?
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  25. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    26.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by ryano
    Whats the fixation with Pepsi?

    To be honest the company is just better than cokes. I've worked for both companies and I had to say, Pepsi products taste better IMO ESP the water.
  26. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    26.76%

    When working out, what do you guys prefer, aquafina or dasani?
  27. New Member
    HDLowrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    45.57%

    One of the reasons I like diet 7-up is because of no caffeine. It's also sweetened with splenda which makes it taste much better imo. I love the diet cherry 7-up. If you haven't tried it give it a shot.
  28. Registered User
    ryano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    30.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    To be honest the company is just better than cokes. I've worked for both companies and I had to say, Pepsi products taste better IMO ESP the water.

    So basically your saying you work for Pepsi.
  29. Registered User
    ryano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    30.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    When working out, what do you guys prefer, aquafina or dasani?
    I have bought both ...never really noticed a difference..I usually just hit the water fountain between sets.
  30. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Deja Blue water all the way....
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How bad is diet soda? Will it interact with supplements?
    By waimoku in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 01:53 PM
  2. Diet Soda Question
    By zawodwiec in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
  3. University of Texas - diet soda findings
    By WhutEvr in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 04:53 PM
  4. Diet soda makes you fat
    By Brooklyn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 09:39 AM
  5. Diet Soda and other nutrition related stuff
    By TheTom in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in