How do you take your oil?

  1. Registered User
    flytrapcan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354
    Answers
    0

    How do you take your oil?


    Flax or Udo's 3𡑱 Oil Blend it's great for ya and taste like crap.

    What do you do to get the ingestion without the crappy flavour?


  2. Registered User
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Answers
    0


    Well I just Sack up and hoover it.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  3. Registered User
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,766
    Answers
    0


    man up and swig it right rfom the bottle!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    flytrapcan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354
    Answers
    0


    Ha, yeah I've never been god at the swig. I can do that maybe a couple of days and then just the thought makes me sick.
  5. dsl
    dsl is offline
    officially an adult
    dsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    630
    Answers
    0


    I take a drink of water and hold it in my mouth, then I dump 1 tbls of flax in and swallow both. After that I take a huge gulp of water and I never taste it. Be sure to take a deep breath so that you won't have to breath for a few secods after you take the shot of oil.
  6. Registered User
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,872
    Answers
    0


    FYI - I believe there is a formula/recipe to make a Udo's equivalent. To Olive Oil a certain amount of (I believe) sunflower oil is added. I have the recipe somewhere.
  7. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Answers
    0


    just shoot the flax, only bad for 1-2 seconds top (going down is fine after taste lasts very short.. although just dumping it in water while in your mouth sounds like an idea I may try
  8. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Answers
    0


    Flax is like dessert compared to CEE or Nolva. I don't mind it at all. Just a thought, but it might be good mixed with peanut butter or mixed into a serving of beans. I have never tried the Udo's. Please be sure to share any methods you find that work well.
  9. Registered User
    andros's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    254
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    just shoot the flax, only bad for 1-2 seconds top (going down is fine after taste lasts very short.. although just dumping it in water while in your mouth sounds like an idea I may try
    your avatar rocks. go matt!
  10. Registered User
    ralph4u2c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    27
    Posts
    759
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker2
    Flax is like dessert compared to CEE or Nolva. I don't mind it at all. Just a thought, but it might be good mixed with peanut butter or mixed into a serving of beans. I have never tried the Udo's. Please be sure to share any methods you find that work well.
    got that right, both taste disgusting compared to flax. ive tried a few brands and learned that paying a little bit more in price goes a long way in taste so try to find a solid/rep. company to buy from. optimum sells 100 - 1G caps for like $5. u may want to go that route and buy 2-3 bottles - its cheap and virtually tasteless.
  11. Registered User
    turkish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    284
    Answers
    0


    Intramuscularly.
  12. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,545
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker2
    Flax is like dessert compared to CEE or Nolva. I don't mind it at all. Just a thought, but it might be good mixed with peanut butter or mixed into a serving of beans. I have never tried the Udo's. Please be sure to share any methods you find that work well.
    The peanut butter works. But like you, since I've downed things like HMB, CEE, BCAAs and other horrible powders, flax oil doesn't bother me at all. Not taking oil right now though, but meal. I throw 2 and 1/2 tbspns of flax meal in a glass of water and drink it with breakfast and take ten fish oil caps over the day.
  13. Registered User
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    FYI - I believe there is a formula/recipe to make a Udo's equivalent. To Olive Oil a certain amount of (I believe) sunflower oil is added. I have the recipe somewhere.
    does anyone have this on hand?
  14. Registered User
    flytrapcan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354
    Answers
    0


    caps are probably the best solution for a wuss like myself.
  15. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    The peanut butter works. But like you, since I've downed things like HMB, CEE, BCAAs and other horrible powders, flax oil doesn't bother me at all. Not taking oil right now though, but meal. I throw 2 and 1/2 tbspns of flax meal in a glass of water and drink it with breakfast and take ten fish oil caps over the day.

    Question, if you dont mind. Does the fish oil cause any odor? I know that ingesting some things causes an odor but I was curious about your experience with fish oil. I have never used it and your feed back will be appreciated.
  16. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Answers
    0


    fill up TBS, think of a happy place, and down it.
  17. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,431
    Answers
    0


    I've tried downing it, mixing it in whey etc but the taste is always there. Better to down it imo.
  18. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,545
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker2
    Question, if you dont mind. Does the fish oil cause any odor? I know that ingesting some things causes an odor but I was curious about your experience with fish oil. I have never used it and your feed back will be appreciated.
    They can cause fish oil burps, which can cause odor same as any other burp. Solutions are to freeze the caps, get ones with an enteric coating, or just wait until your body/digestive system gets used to it which it eventually does.
  19. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,545
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    fill up TBS, think of a happy place, and down it.
    Looking over your diet in a few threads in the past I was sure you funneled this stuff.
  20. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Answers
    0

    Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    They can cause fish oil burps, which can cause odor same as any other burp. Solutions are to freeze the caps, get ones with an enteric coating, or just wait until your body/digestive system gets used to it which it eventually does.

    Thanks for the feedback CDB.
  21. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Looking over your diet in a few threads in the past I was sure you funneled this stuff.
    LMAO
  22. board observer
    Moyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    880
    Answers
    0


    Try adding a large amount of cinnamon to your bottle of flax oil. May take a day or two for the oil to really absorb it and change the flavor. Then float a Tbsp of it over a shot of milk or juice. Then either slam it or slurp it through a straw so it doesn't touch your tongue.
  23. Registered User
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,766
    Answers
    0


    okay, if you guys still have a hard time with oil, how about an oral syringe? shoot it to the back of your throat (that's what he said, I know, I know)
  24. Registered User
    Leggo my Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,487
    Answers
    0


    oral syrynge is my preference. 1) swig h2o. 2) keep h2o in mouth. 3) shoot oil. 4) swallow. 5) swig h2o. and viola you dont even taste it
  25. Registered User
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    502
    Answers
    0


    My flax seed oil gets mixed in with my oatmeal in the morning.
    Fish oil is taken via coated capsules that don't cause the dreaded fish burps.

    -Tinytoad
  26. Registered User
    flytrapcan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354
    Answers
    0


    Thanks guys. Looks like I can get by with having a prep and chaser.

    Now I have these stains in my ...
  27. Registered User
    max silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,317
    Answers
    0


    I ingest mine with meals. Both flax and olive oil can be made into good tasting salad dressings with some spices and the vinegar of your choice. Throw in some kind of grilled meat and salad items of your choice and you have a tasty meal.
  28. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,545
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by max silver
    I ingest mine with meals. Both flax and olive oil can be made into good tasting salad dressings with some spices and the vinegar of your choice. Throw in some kind of grilled meat and salad items of your choice and you have a tasty meal.
    Very good point and it does work great. I did this for a while with a flax/olive mix. Add fresh garlic, some italian seasoning and it tastes great. Nuts and raisins/craisins also work if you're heavy on the flax.
  29. Registered User
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,872
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil04
    does anyone have this on hand?
    Yes - I just found it. It turns out I was off a bit.

    The make an Udo's equivalent oil, you mix three parts flax oil and one part sunflower oil.
  30. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,636
    Answers
    0


    I drink it out of the bottle Hard core baby!
  31. Registered User
    sundevil04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    273
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    Yes - I just found it. It turns out I was off a bit.

    The make an Udo's equivalent oil, you mix three parts flax oil and one part sunflower oil.
    Is that all udo's is, wow, hard to justify thier price. thanks for the info.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How do you take your creatine??
    By swish1985 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 06:55 PM
  2. How do you take your liquid SERM?
    By bics56 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 11:07 PM
  3. How do you take your oral compounds?
    By luke1984 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
  4. How do you take your CEE?
    By metroba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in