How do you take your oil?

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Flax or Udo's 3•6•9 Oil Blend it's great for ya and taste like crap.

What do you do to get the ingestion without the crappy flavour?

:food:

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Well I just Sack up and hoover it.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
man up and swig it right rfom the bottle! :)

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Ha, yeah I've never been god at the swig. I can do that maybe a couple of days and then just the thought makes me sick.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I take a drink of water and hold it in my mouth, then I dump 1 tbls of flax in and swallow both. After that I take a huge gulp of water and I never taste it. Be sure to take a deep breath so that you won't have to breath for a few secods after you take the shot of oil.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
FYI - I believe there is a formula/recipe to make a Udo's equivalent. To Olive Oil a certain amount of (I believe) sunflower oil is added. I have the recipe somewhere.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
just shoot the flax, only bad for 1-2 seconds top (going down is fine after taste lasts very short.. although just dumping it in water while in your mouth sounds like an idea I may try

Cracker2

Awards
Flax is like dessert compared to CEE or Nolva. I don't mind it at all. Just a thought, but it might be good mixed with peanut butter or mixed into a serving of beans. I have never tried the Udo's. Please be sure to share any methods you find that work well.

andros

andros

Awards
  • Established
just shoot the flax, only bad for 1-2 seconds top (going down is fine after taste lasts very short.. although just dumping it in water while in your mouth sounds like an idea I may try
your avatar rocks. go matt!

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Flax is like dessert compared to CEE or Nolva. I don't mind it at all. Just a thought, but it might be good mixed with peanut butter or mixed into a serving of beans. I have never tried the Udo's. Please be sure to share any methods you find that work well.
got that right, both taste disgusting compared to flax. ive tried a few brands and learned that paying a little bit more in price goes a long way in taste so try to find a solid/rep. company to buy from. optimum sells 100 - 1G caps for like $5. u may want to go that route and buy 2-3 bottles - its cheap and virtually tasteless.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The peanut butter works. But like you, since I've downed things like HMB, CEE, BCAAs and other horrible powders, flax oil doesn't bother me at all. Not taking oil right now though, but meal. I throw 2 and 1/2 tbspns of flax meal in a glass of water and drink it with breakfast and take ten fish oil caps over the day.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
FYI - I believe there is a formula/recipe to make a Udo's equivalent. To Olive Oil a certain amount of (I believe) sunflower oil is added. I have the recipe somewhere.
does anyone have this on hand?

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
caps are probably the best solution for a wuss like myself.

Cracker2

Awards
The peanut butter works. But like you, since I've downed things like HMB, CEE, BCAAs and other horrible powders, flax oil doesn't bother me at all. Not taking oil right now though, but meal. I throw 2 and 1/2 tbspns of flax meal in a glass of water and drink it with breakfast and take ten fish oil caps over the day.

Question, if you dont mind. Does the fish oil cause any odor? I know that ingesting some things causes an odor but I was curious about your experience with fish oil. I have never used it and your feed back will be appreciated.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
fill up TBS, think of a happy place, and down it.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I've tried downing it, mixing it in whey etc but the taste is always there. Better to down it imo.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Question, if you dont mind. Does the fish oil cause any odor? I know that ingesting some things causes an odor but I was curious about your experience with fish oil. I have never used it and your feed back will be appreciated.
They can cause fish oil burps, which can cause odor same as any other burp. Solutions are to freeze the caps, get ones with an enteric coating, or just wait until your body/digestive system gets used to it which it eventually does.

Cracker2

Awards
They can cause fish oil burps, which can cause odor same as any other burp. Solutions are to freeze the caps, get ones with an enteric coating, or just wait until your body/digestive system gets used to it which it eventually does.

Thanks for the feedback CDB.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Try adding a large amount of cinnamon to your bottle of flax oil. May take a day or two for the oil to really absorb it and change the flavor. Then float a Tbsp of it over a shot of milk or juice. Then either slam it or slurp it through a straw so it doesn't touch your tongue.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
okay, if you guys still have a hard time with oil, how about an oral syringe? shoot it to the back of your throat (that's what he said, I know, I know) :D

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
oral syrynge is my preference. 1) swig h2o. 2) keep h2o in mouth. 3) shoot oil. 4) swallow. 5) swig h2o. and viola you dont even taste it

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
My flax seed oil gets mixed in with my oatmeal in the morning.
Fish oil is taken via coated capsules that don't cause the dreaded fish burps.

-Tinytoad

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Looks like I can get by with having a prep and chaser.

Now I have these stains in my ...

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ingest mine with meals. Both flax and olive oil can be made into good tasting salad dressings with some spices and the vinegar of your choice. Throw in some kind of grilled meat and salad items of your choice and you have a tasty meal.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I ingest mine with meals. Both flax and olive oil can be made into good tasting salad dressings with some spices and the vinegar of your choice. Throw in some kind of grilled meat and salad items of your choice and you have a tasty meal.
Very good point and it does work great. I did this for a while with a flax/olive mix. Add fresh garlic, some italian seasoning and it tastes great. Nuts and raisins/craisins also work if you're heavy on the flax.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I drink it out of the bottle :) Hard core baby!:rofl:

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
Yes - I just found it. It turns out I was off a bit.

The make an Udo's equivalent oil, you mix three parts flax oil and one part sunflower oil.
Is that all udo's is, wow, hard to justify thier price. thanks for the info.