Diet Help Needed - AnabolicMinds.com

Diet Help Needed

  1. New Member
    jaymode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    484

    Reputation

    Diet Help Needed


    I just started a new job that is 8-5 and only have a lunch break for food and none around the computers/lab I am working in. So I need some help diet wise. I am trying to cut; I got injured and have let myself slip a little bit.

    I am 6'1, about 185-190 lbs. I am thinking about trying to get in around 2200 calories a day.

    So here is what I am thinking:
    Breakfast: around 7-7:30
    Oats + Whey Shake + Eggs. Aim for around 500 Calories

    Lunch: Around 12-1
    Chicken + Whole Grain Carb Source(need help here, thinking brown rice)

    Dinner/Pre WO: 5
    not sure what to do here because I want to workout early enough. Protein Shake and Oats again?

    Post Workout: 630-7
    Protein Shake immediately after. Cook dinner(chicken, tuna, beef)

    Prebed: 10-11
    Cottage Cheese(bad idea while cutting?)

    I need help with some good carb sources, things I can think of now:
    wheat pasta and bread
    brown rice
    oats

  2. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Looks good from what you got.

    You ever thought about getting some snacks for the in between meals while you are at work?

    Brown rice is an oustanding source of low GI carbs so no problem there with the chicken. Wheat pasta is even better for that other meal you were referring to, I like the Barilla Plus omega-3 pasta (yellow box) the best, little less grainy then the brown boxed wheat pasta.

    Cottage cheese before bed while cutting is fine. It will help keep your nitrogen balance in the positive.

    Preworkout meals should be very low in fat, low gi, and slightly high on protein. Oats are a good fit there, yes.
  3. Registered User
    motiv8erJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    280

    Reputation

    What Lake said. IF your really serious about the cut. You should probably be around 2500 cals at your heightish... Try getting at least one HEALTHY snack inbetween your meals. THis will allow your matabolism to keep burning and thus your body is less likely to store more fat....


    ~Mk
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    TenMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    172

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymode
    I need help with some good carb sources, things I can think of now:
    wheat pasta and bread
    brown rice
    oats
    COMPLEX CARBS

    Oatmeal (Old Fashioned)
    Sweet Potatoes
    Yams
    Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
    Oat Bran Cereal
    Rye Cereal
    Brown Rice
    Farina (Cream of Wheat)
    Multigrain Hot Cereal
    Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
    Rice (white, jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild)
    Potatoes (red, baking, new)

    FIBROUS CARBS

    Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    String Beans
    Spinach
    Bell Peppers
    Brussels sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Cabbage
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Eggplant
    Green or Red Pepper
    Onions
    Pumpkin
    Garlic
    Tomatoes
    Zucchini


    Enjoy.
  5. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TenMan
    COMPLEX CARBS

    Oatmeal (Old Fashioned)
    Sweet Potatoes
    Yams
    Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
    Oat Bran Cereal
    Rye Cereal
    Brown Rice
    Farina (Cream of Wheat)
    Multigrain Hot Cereal
    Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
    Rice (white, jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild)
    Potatoes (red, baking, new)

    FIBROUS CARBS

    Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    String Beans
    Spinach
    Bell Peppers
    Brussels sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Cabbage
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Eggplant
    Green or Red Pepper
    Onions
    Pumpkin
    Garlic
    Tomatoes
    Zucchini


    Enjoy.
    For the most part that is right although I would stay away from the regular potatoes and jasmine rice. The aim is to keep GI low.
  6. New Member
    jaymode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    484

    Reputation

    Thanks guys. Any suggestions on a snack to carry with me? Protein bars? A shake maybe?

    I started working this in a little already. The breakfast is keeping me full for a while which is a good thing.
  7. Registered User
    motiv8erJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    280

    Reputation

    In the morning I recommend a cup of oats with a scoop of whey. In the eveing some cottage cheese with cinnamon....

    ~Mk
  8. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Actually, for breakfast I don't know if just oats and whey would be the best route to take. Eggs have been proven to improve satiety throughout the day. I definitely notice it because my second meal is where I am the least hungry and I have eggs for breakfast. Just keep the amount of whole eggs used to a minimum and use 2-4 egg whites along with it. If you aren't going to be able to eat in between breakfast and lunch then obviously add a few more calories. Protein bars are fine for work, or you can make yourself a shake and bring a bagel or something. A shake can be blended from anything. Oats, protein, peanut butter, some use olive oil, milk, fruit, etc.
  9. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11679

    Reputation

    I've noticed that too when I eat eggs for the first meal, LM.
  10. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I've noticed that too when I eat eggs for the first meal, LM.
    Yeah I wish I would get this damn effect at 12:30am when I am up and craving every food possible .
  11. New Member
    Jason_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    133

    Reputation

    If it were me, I'd through a shake in a few hours before/after lunch - you have an awfully big gap there.
  12. Registered User
    motiv8erJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    280

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Actually, for breakfast I don't know if just oats and whey would be the best route to take. Eggs have been proven to improve satiety throughout the day. I definitely notice it because my second meal is where I am the least hungry and I have eggs for breakfast. Just keep the amount of whole eggs used to a minimum and use 2-4 egg whites along with it. If you aren't going to be able to eat in between breakfast and lunch then obviously add a few more calories. Protein bars are fine for work, or you can make yourself a shake and bring a bagel or something. A shake can be blended from anything. Oats, protein, peanut butter, some use olive oil, milk, fruit, etc.
    Oh, I was saying if he needed a snack after his eggs... thats what I thought he asked, to have a half a cup to a cup of oats with a scoop of whey.... thas all I meant I totally agree... eggs is da ****

    Speaking of which, time to get crackin on a dozen....!!


    ~Mk
  13. New Member
    jaymode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    484

    Reputation

    Thanks guys. I think I will start carrying some protein bars/shakes and a fruit or something as a snack to eat on a quick break.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cutting diet help!! need feedback..
    By figgy336 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. CELIAC DIET HELP NEEDED! Please
    By just93 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 12:07 AM
  3. Diet Help needed!!!
    By chris808costa in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 07:48 PM
  4. Diet help, need more whole foods
    By glipp in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 05:45 PM
  5. bulk diet. help needed!
    By THEleroy in forum Bulking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 08:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in