13yo son wants to start training

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. "Hi there little Jayhawk. Here's a 23 gauge, 1.5 inch needle for you. Now let's go work out. That's a good boy!"

2. I think weight training is so important. Especially in your teens.
    I hit 155 bench @ 15 years old in highschool in our PE class. I have been hooked ever since. So I think its a great thing. Being a mom myself( my son is 3 , so I have a bit to go) I definately want my kid to eat right, but I also want him to be able to experience normal kid stuff like an occasional birthday cake hamburger etc. As to water,my son prefers it to juice. He always asks for it. I was worried about the huge amounts of sugar in juice when he was a baby that I just started giving him water and he loves it. SO I guess another issue being what kind of habits you and your son can form together.
    •   

3. Thanks guys, i'm throwing in a lot of this advice and the water in the fridge thing works I didn't even think of the rotator cuff exercises and those are never bad for anyone! About 4 more days till we start for the summer. He's been up in his room practicing stretches the past few days and asking questions about everything from diet to training.

The only downside to this is i'll have to find a way to mentally scar him from ever thinking he can kick my ass when he out grows me :P

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    The only downside to this is i'll have to find a way to mentally scar him from ever thinking he can kick my ass when he out grows me :P
    Just show him your posts asking can you be Magenta- that would scar any kid...

5. Just because you're not secure n your manhood dosn't mean I should have to shy away from magenta! That is a dark reddish color right?
    •   

6. oh **** it's pink!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Want to start training twice a day.
    By banksy2020 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 10:55 AM
  2. if i wanted to start powerlifting....
    By pecs=sexs in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
  3. I want to start a cycle.. advicee
    By greatness in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
  4. I want to start the Deluxe Weight Loss Program ?
    By The Paper Route in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 08:47 PM
  5. Want to start a ph cycle...need suggestions
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 09:49 AM