Outback Steaks

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
Alright, I usually have my once a week cheat meal on Saturdays, and this week I am craving a really good steak :twisted: . I was thinking of going to Outback for a steak, sweet potato, and salad. My question is, which of their steaks would be the best (i guess as far as protein/fat ratios go)? I would like to pummel the 22oz porterhouse they serve, but Im guessing the fat content would make it not worth it. Any suggestions?:food:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Well generally any steak with loin in it's cut name is lowest in fat.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
you should check out there website I think they have the breakdown on there menu and even some healthy eating suggestions.

http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/ourmenu/nutrition.asp

most restaurants will do this and outback is one of the few that actually tries to suggest healthy options (other than just eating there stuff on w.w bread and so on)

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
Damn, didn't even think to check their website :p

This one looks good:

"Victoria’s Filet
Order with House Salad as above Jacket or Sweet Potato
Steamed Vegetables without butter. Prepare without butter"

Mmmmmmm...:food:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
sounds good dude. sounds very good! enjoy it

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Having beef tenderloin myself tonight. Definately enjoy it man. You can see if they will clean it up as much as possible. But if it is a cheat meal the fat, even on the outside of the steak makes it so juicy and flavorful!

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, great thread and thanks for the link!

While it's not at the Outback, one thing I learned from an ex who was a waitress, is to order things that say "simmered in butter" or baked stuffed seafood in a butter sauce, to be cooked with white wine instead. Tastes almost the same with much less fat!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
is it not a cheat meal? get the fattiest one, lol.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I usually have my once a week cheat meal on Saturdays, and this week I am craving a really good steak :twisted: . I was thinking of going to Outback for a steak, sweet potato, and salad. My question is, which of their steaks would be the best (i guess as far as protein/fat ratios go)? I would like to pummel the 22oz porterhouse they serve, but Im guessing the fat content would make it not worth it. Any suggestions?:food:
If thats your cheat meal, I don't want to see your normal diet.
Man, thats a typical meal for me, steak, sweet potato and salad.
Not my idea of cheating at all :)

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
def. a good idea on cooking it down in a white wine; whats even better is a mid-rare filet w/ a portabello mushroom and the mushroom sauce from it cooked down in a red wine. add a salad and your good to go. i work at copeland's and we do some damn good steaks, but we do a damn good job at adding butter/calories to almost every dish so we cooked up some really good alternative routes.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Get that 22oz porterhouse dummy. It's a cheat meal.. you will be more satieted on that than anything there... If and when I go to Outback, I get that 22oz'er and a side of crab legs... and then I drink the butter that comes with it. I never noticed they had a sweet potato option.. thanks.

Also, that's not even a cheat meal... steak? c'mon... that's a staple. :D

XxBiG_EDxX

XxBiG_EDxX

Board Supporter
Awards
Get that 22oz porterhouse dummy. It's a cheat meal.. you will be more satieted on that than anything there... If and when I go to Outback, I get that 22oz'er and a side of crab legs... and then I drink the butter that comes with it. I never noticed they had a sweet potato option.. thanks.

Mmmm porterhouse/crab leg combo sounds pretty damn tempting, i dunno about drinking the butter though :icon_lol: ! I haven't had a decent cheat meal in forever, my diet is so clean....drives my wife crazy! :twisted:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

i hadn't considered drinking the butter..........this has promise.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established

Hmmmmmmm butter :icon_lol:

jecko

loner

loner

Awards
cheat meal? i have steak about 5 times a week,all the trimmings with a small salad,greens and a little bit of carbs..always hits the spot!

foggia

foggia

Awards
Yeah man, if your gonna cheat, then cheat. I like to get the melborne (22 oz) fully loaded sweet potato, the blue cheese pecan salad, and even a blooming onion. Maybe even wash it down with a cold one:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JudoJosh Recipes 7
yeahright Recipes 9
yeahright Recipes 0
loner Nutrition / Health 37
yeahright Recipes 0