I Found an Oatmeal That Tastes Awesome!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
And may fit our bodybuilding needs. Let's discuss that aspect.

http://www.weightcontrol.quakeroatmeal.com/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm

I've tried this flavor - banana bread. :thumbsup: Not tried cinnamon yet - but can only imagine.

This stuff has whey protein as the protein source - not soy. :clap2:
It's whole grain (of course you dummy - it's oatmeal :trout: ) and has 6 grams of fiber, 4 of which are soluble.
(You guys with cholesterol issues read that??)

You know what? Who cares what you guys think - I'm eating anyway! :cheers:

Seriously - what do you guys think? Go or no go?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - that is some good cereal.

I like oatmeal becuase it's faster. I just dump it in with my protein and milk and agitate to keep in solution (damn - I'm a dork!) then drink.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat it like a oatmeal...I always thought hot cereal was oatmeal, hahahah. I'm a tard I guess ><

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I see. I assumed it was the Go Lean cereal they first came out with.

Yuck at vanilla though.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
It is OK. I just don't want maltodextrin or artificial flavorings in my food personally. The first ingredient is whole grain rolled oats which makes it better than most cereals.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its similar to my homemade breakfast of old fashioned quaker rolled oats made with water and half a scoop of GNC whey protein banana creme flavour.
Now thats yummy.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
And may fit our bodybuilding needs. Let's discuss that aspect.

http://www.weightcontrol.quakeroatmeal.com/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm

I've tried this flavor - banana bread. :thumbsup: Not tried cinnamon yet - but can only imagine.

This stuff has whey protein as the protein source - not soy. :clap2:
It's whole grain (of course you dummy - it's oatmeal :trout: ) and has 6 grams of fiber, 4 of which are soluble.
(You guys with cholesterol issues read that??)

You know what? Who cares what you guys think - I'm eating anyway! :cheers:

Seriously - what do you guys think? Go or no go?
I have a box of this in my desk drawer at work. Easy, healthy convenience food.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
http://www.mccanns.ie/pages/sugarfree.html

this is definately the way to go for great tasting oatmeal without the added cals/malto in the weight control. each packet contains:
100 cals, 18g carbs (3g fiber, no sugar), 4g protein

the cinnamon roll flavor is a real treat, especially with banana creme protein powder, or even better, BSN's lean dessert cinnamon roll flavor. MMMMMMMMMM, i just made myself hungry :frustrate

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I have a box of this in my desk drawer at work. Easy, healthy convenience food.
Me too. I bought a box of each and try to keep a few packs in my desk if I get hungry...Matter of fact, I'm gonna go have one right now. :D :food:

BTW, the cinnamon is good too. But not as good as the banana bread. :D

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I just use old fashioned oats, with skim milk(some times 2%), splenda, and ground cinnamon. YUMMMYYY!!!:donut:

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
http://www.mccanns.ie/pages/sugarfree.html

this is definately the way to go for great tasting oatmeal without the added cals/malto in the weight control. each packet contains:
100 cals, 18g carbs (3g fiber, no sugar), 4g protein

the cinnamon roll flavor is a real treat, especially with banana creme protein powder, or even better, BSN's lean dessert cinnamon roll flavor. MMMMMMMMMM, i just made myself hungry :frustrate

I agree. For me there is nothing better than Mccanns

:hammer:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Mccan's looks like good stuff.

But, I don't have anywhere that sells it around and I'm not spending more money for it to be shipped in.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to try the Quaker, i don't think i can get the other one in Canada though, but i'll have a look, i'm dieting right now and it would be nice to have a break from bland food.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Hell, I'll send you a box for free. Pick a flavor

Mccan's looks like good stuff.

But, I don't have anywhere that sells it around and I'm not spending more money for it to be shipped in.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And now for the magic question, SODIUM????? Does it have more sodium???? and I believe they call it weight control because the portions are a tad smaller.

I would stick with plain oats, steel cut oats with no fancy additives. JMO

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - but I get really tired of regular oats.

Just wanted to throw this out in case someone else is also tired of regular and looking for something good.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
And now for the magic question, SODIUM????? Does it have more sodium???? and I believe they call it weight control because the portions are a tad smaller.

I would stick with plain oats, steel cut oats with no fancy additives. JMO
Agreed. Your avatar is distracting me from contekou on jkhh hjkews BOOBS! (puckers lips and impersonates a nursing baby)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Your avatar is distracting me from contekou on jkhh hjkews BOOBS! (puckers lips and impersonates a nursing baby)

ROFLMAO, Im glad I didnt have food in my mouth when I read your post!!!!!!!

JMH80- I know it gets really boring sometimes, like im sick of chicken but I still eat it. Try some brown sugar splenda on your oats, ORRRRRRRRRR, get the tiny bottles of extracts from the store and flavor your own plain oats, many flavors, they got banana too :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's a good idea. I'll flavor them with your boobs.

Uh, I mean extracts....

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
That's a good idea. I'll flavor them with your boobs.

Uh, I mean extracts....
Yeah, that would be the breast, er best thing.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've seriously gone through a box in the last 4 or 5 days. Just throwing it in with my daily protein shakes.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You guys!!!! I just laughed so hard I tinkled in my panties :( See what you did!!!!!!!! Now I must go change into jammies :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Does "jammies" mean nothing??

:woohoo:

(BTW - you know I love boobs....)

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
holy freaking crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jaw: thank you for that!!! :woohoo:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Holy Jesus!:jaw:

You gonna post some updated ones after your adventures with DS products?

Please??

BTW - you guys can thank me later for hijacking my own thread!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I will post some more, Im thinking about putting my next log on here too, its a ALRI log, 5 products, I just dont know if people will be interested in it here?

edit- this was april- I hate pictures, I always look up like an ASS!!!!!!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Of course.

With your avatar's - what guy wouldn't??

Seriously - you keep better logs than anyone else that I've seen.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would have to :bb3::bb3: :bb3: :bb3: :bb3: all over that. I'm sorry it had to be said, no disrespect to the Mr. Firm. BTW, I was going to ask whether the pic in your avatar was an exaggeration. Now I can clearly see it is an exaggertation (sp?) of the best kind. They're real.

As for the oatmeal, I'm kinda a fan but it does have an overly sweet taste to me. Sorta artificial. BTW, have you tried to eat more then 2 packs at once. I cant' do it personally for some reason, no problem with 2 packs of regular otmeal or optimum zen oatmeal (also good stuff). Oh yeah, I dont' know what the view of John Berardi is on this board (imo he's top notch) but he has recommended the carb control oatmeal also. BTW his book has ALOT of really good recipes in it and it's available in ebook format for free if you know where to look.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright WideGuy - no hijacking of the thread!!

What do you mean by Carb Control oatmeal? Is that a Quaker product?

FnF - you have a phenomenal mid-section. Awesome!!!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One time last winter I ate 3 packs of oatmeal, LOL I took a dirt nap for 3 hours :) Me and oatmeal are ok, if I keep it to one pack, otherwise carb overload for me :)

Thanks you guys for all the kind words :) JMH80, I take alot of pride in my logs, I work real hard at them, it helps keep me focused and If my log helps anyone else in the smallest way then its worth the work I put into it. The next log starts in 2 weeks :) YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

Designer Supplements has been good to this body :) Thanks to Uhockey and 40 yard dash ( 40 is the hired butt kicker)

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I personally think that the combo of Malto/Rolled Oats is great as I usually lift soon after breakfast. Good mix of fast/slow burning carbs.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You guys ever try Nullidifan's Protien Pudding recipe? Its made with the Weight Control bannana and it tastes awesome...

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
You guys ever try Nullidifan's Protien Pudding recipe? Its made with the Weight Control bannana and it tastes awesome...
yeah!!! that recipe is great. if you add BSN's lean dessert cinnamon roll protein powder, the taste is unreal. mad props to nullifdan on that one. i also use the sugar free mccanna cinnamon roll oats as well. truly a genius concoction

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It is!! I only eat it once in a while, as Im not real big on sweet stuff, but I make my girl a few servings every couple of days, she loves it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'ma have to go try that BigV.

Thanks for the info.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ya know, I bet you could add a few rolled oats to Crowlers cookie mix, OH YA!!!!!!!! Im gonna try that one!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know, I was looking at this and trying to figure out why a oatmeal thread was 4 pages. Then I looked and quickly saw why . Now, just like when you were a kid trying to extend the time you could look at a ladies boobs when she bent over...

Fried oatmeal

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I love both oatmeal and Kashi cereal, the only thing I don't like about Kashi cereal is that the main protein that is in there is soy, and there is quite a bit of it.