egg beaters!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rhyalus
    FYI, I have tried egg beaters and egg starters side by side. We have a BJs and a Costco nearby and they each carry a different brand.

The Egg Beaters are a superior product, IMHO. The texture and taste is much closer to real eggs.

Regards,
    R
    I've noticed the same exact thing with Egg Beaters compared to any grocery store's cheaper knockoffs. The egg beaters texture is always more like real eggs than the others; it's worth paying a little more for egg beaters than buying the cheap ones, IMO.

2. I personally find them too expensive. I def. wouldn't want to just pour them in a shake and drink.. Yuck.. But if you can swing the cost of them then they can be advantageous. I prefer paying 1.68 for 2 dozen eggs myself..

serene00
    •   

3. I think drinking Egg beaters is safe but if its not please post it

anyone ever find out for sure if when drinking egg beaters , is your body absorping all of the protein?

4. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I think drinking Egg beaters is safe but if its not please post it

anyone ever find out for sure if when drinking egg beaters , is your body absorping all of the protein?

Drinking egg beaters is fine. Drinking raw eggs is also fine (very, very miniscule risk of sickness). There is an issue with eating large quantaties of raw whites as the avadin will bind to biotin causing a deficiancy. Cooking/pasteurizing will disable the avadin. Supplementing with biotin or simply adding a ratio of yolks, as egg yolks are one of the best sources of biotin is another strategy. So maybe 1 whole egg and 5 add'l whites. That will give you roughly 21g protein and 6g healthy fats.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gdawg View Post
    I've noticed the same exact thing with Egg Beaters compared to any grocery store's cheaper knockoffs. The egg beaters texture is always more like real eggs than the others; it's worth paying a little more for egg beaters than buying the cheap ones, IMO.
    you can also get real good organic egg whites at the organic grocery.
    •   

6. Ive been drinking the egg whites. It doesnt say anything about drinking them raw good or bad on the label. It does say there pasturized on them but is pasturized safe.I had some serious squirts today possibly due to the egg carton. does anyone else expirence stomach issues about twelve hours after drinking egg whites? The cause could be anything but recently My stomach has discomforted frm what it seems egg white use.

7. These things have a ton of sodium in them.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. raw eggs vs. egg beaters
    By linus420 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
  2. egg beaters?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
  3. egg yolks
    By sage in forum Weight Loss