Too much Iron in blood?

INFLUENCER

INFLUENCER

Awards
Went in for some blood work the other day, My iron is high 190. Just wondering what you guys think about this. What should I do?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
As always, talk with your doctor.

A lot of people donate blood to combat this problem. It's a nice altruisic way of dealing with it. You may also want to read up on Inusitol hexaphosphate..aka IP-6. It supposedly has the ability to leach iron from the body, so much so they do not recommend it for long term use on women.

Keep monitoring your blood as this can be a fairly serious problem if left untreated.

INFLUENCER

INFLUENCER

Awards
thanks bioman, any other comments on people with similar experiance would also be apriciated...

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep, talk to your doctor. Hemochromatosis could be a possibility.

In the meantime, discontinue any supplements containing iron and yes, donating blood will help.

INFLUENCER

INFLUENCER

Awards
Thanks guys I picked up some Inusitol hexaphosphate, IP-6.. The guy also told me to get zinc pills as well cuz IP-6 has the problem of blocking zinc as well so it's good to supplement. I was curious if taking an NO2 product like expand, which I have been taking could have anything to do with the problem? Also planing an AAS cycle soon, should this be a concern with too much Iron in my blood?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Until you know what you actually have going on it's always a bad idea to add something foreign or something that will alter your body's balance. Figure out what is the problem and what is needed to fix it then research anything you plan on adding to your body and it's reactions and possible side effects.

bottom line...Stop taking anything not needed and figure out your problem first.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Until you know what you actually have going on it's always a bad idea to add something foreign or something that will alter your body's balance. Figure out what is the problem and what is needed to fix it then research anything you plan on adding to your body and it's reactions and possible side effects.

bottom line...Stop taking anything not needed and figure out your problem first.
Excellent advice. Put the AS on the back burner and take care of the important stuff first.