Socrates Gyno log

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Well i have had gynemcomastia since i was 13. It was puberty onset and only got worse as i lifted and pushed out the glands to make them appear more prevalent.

6 foot, 275lbs @23% body fat

Day 1:

Well today is tuesday may 9th, 2006 and it is currently 6:15pm. Its been roughly 9 hours now since i had bilateral excision for gynecomastia. (if you are looking at a chest from the front, they cut like they are trying to make a V on your chest).

Simple liposuction was not an option do to my tissue being all glandular and having minimal amounts of fat in it. I have had a decent amount of ptosis (sagging) so an aerolar lift and resizing was needed.

I felt like sh!t for the first couple hours, im still not feeling too chipper, but i am a lot better than i would have thought originally. The procedure took just over 2 hours to complete.

My chest is pretty sore, i got a pretty limited range on movement, im just hoping i can whipe my own @$$ :icon_lol:
They gave me some Tylenol 3's, which contain codeine:clap2:, so the pain is bearable.

They have a pressure gauze sewed into both of my nipple (kinda looks like window caulking). The pressure gauze was needed because they actually totally removed my nipple and aereola and replaced it in the correct spot.(kinda cool, huh?).

Im wearing a compression jacket, which suck. OH YEA, appetite is not affected. I had a couple good meals since then and I feel fine. Im excited to get to see my pecs after 6 years of building them up. I can only go from up from here on out.

Soc out.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn! Best of luck with the rehab. You mind sharing a little more info as far as insurance involvement (if any), total cost out of your pocket, projected recovery time, and maybe even some pictures.

Thanks for putting up this log.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
No problem man, im normally an "ask and ill tell kinda guy". lol. Actually my insurance is pretty good, both my parents work for Daimler-Chrysler. The only thing is, is that the insurance was kinda "hard to understand". They said that this case is usually not covered, seeing as it is normally purely comestic. The outlying case that helped me is that I am such a big guy, and i have minimal fat on my upper body and i have breasts that could almost fill a B cup!

They said that "the proceduredf appeared to be medically necesarry and that it had been approved." Well then later on in the letter it said "the final payment cannot be completed until services had been renderred." So they said they would cover it, then immediately say "well, we are not sure".

Im leaning towards that they will cover it....

Ill eventually but up some pictures, but im not sure how the board moderators would like it. Its still pretty gory looking...Im shooting for a picture sometime next week.

This has been more of a psychological battle for me than it was physical. I cant wait to feel comfortable and not ashamed of my own body. And that makes this all worth while.

He said i could be driving in like 3 days and possibly lifting again in 3 weeks. But everyone is different. Ill find out a lot more next tuesday on my evaluation.

NiteHawk

Awards
Glad you are doing ok. I had some gyno removed from my left nipple last week myself. My incision is small, its even with my nipple line and my skin so it will be hardly noticeable. You had a lot more done than me.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
best of luck on the recovery man.

I was just wondering though isnt insurance necessary prior to medical treatment like this? I could be completly off track here I just thought Doctors wouldnt preform on you unless you were covered with necessary insurance? Or is that just for people who have questionable payment history?

Any idea on when you will be out of all the medical stuff (jacket and such) and can just wear normal clothes and ennjoy the benfis of this (not lifting necessarily just enjoying the no gyno you)

Once again congradualtions on this

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the praises and prayers, im hoping to have this damn thing off in 2 weeks. Its day one and it already getting old.

If the insurance backs out, ill be out about 3500$.....which i will plan to counter with "false promises".

I imagine this vest feels similar to a corset (and no, when i had boobs i never tried one on.lol). This thing sucks.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Day 2:

I dont feel near as sore, my nipples and my areola are weird looking, im gonna have to get used to the puffy look for a while. Seems as if my left side is bleeding and seeping a bit more than my right. I had a BM today and was able to take care of it myself, that is a plus.

Ive been kind of a codeine induced fog, im a little dizzy and a little out of it.

Codeine is good.

Malek256

Awards
Hope it's a quick recovery Socrates, good luck man.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
No problem man, im normally an "ask and ill tell kinda guy". lol. Actually my insurance is pretty good, both my parents work for Daimler-Chrysler. The only thing is, is that the insurance was kinda "hard to understand". They said that this case is usually not covered, seeing as it is normally purely comestic. The outlying case that helped me is that I am such a big guy, and i have minimal fat on my upper body and i have breasts that could almost fill a B cup!

They said that "the proceduredf appeared to be medically necesarry and that it had been approved." Well then later on in the letter it said "the final payment cannot be completed until services had been renderred." So they said they would cover it, then immediately say "well, we are not sure".

Im leaning towards that they will cover it....

Ill eventually but up some pictures, but im not sure how the board moderators would like it. Its still pretty gory looking...Im shooting for a picture sometime next week.

This has been more of a psychological battle for me than it was physical. I cant wait to feel comfortable and not ashamed of my own body. And that makes this all worth while.

He said i could be driving in like 3 days and possibly lifting again in 3 weeks. But everyone is different. Ill find out a lot more next tuesday on my evaluation.
I think that, in Canada, this surgery is usually covered because Gyno predisposes men to breast cancer (read this a long time ago, unable to locate literature).
cc

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
The predisposistion to breast cancer is half true half myth. The reason the puberty induced gynecomastia is not considered a precursor to cancer formation is because most of the hightened estradiol and estrogen levels have returned to normal.

Steroidal induced gynecomastia is another story. Men who are constantly exposing their bodies to new forms of test, will eventually reach a threshold and their bodies will respond by turning on aromatase. This higher than normal estrogen level for more than a few years has been known to caused malignant hyperplasia and in some cases malignant neoplasia and metaplasias. That is when gyno gets scary.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Day 3:

today has been going pretty good, diet has been sh!t, but i think that will soon be over. Im kinda settling into a little depression of not being able to move around and do anything physical. This has been my real first surgery and well im getting a little stir crazy.:saw:

Pain has been pretty moderate today, not a whole lot of bleeding. The pressure gauze on my nipples are the only thing that really bother me. If i move an inch the wrong way, they let me know about it.

Im chomping at the bit to get back to working out and eating clean.

Doubleunderhook

Awards
Hey our right it can only get better from here on out

surgery sucks I have been under the knife for worse things your cuts will heal up fast and putting fish oil or other natural oils on them will make those cut lines disapear

best of luck it sucks yo had to deal with it but things could have been worse now you can do what you really want to do
get back on the weight train once your healed up untill then find something you can do to burn up that engery untill you can

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Day 4:

Today was by far the best day. My ankle was compliant (sprained that last saturday) and my chest felt pretty good. I think the bleeding was kept to a minimum and the swelling is going down slowly. I cant wait for this vest to be a thing of the past, its really starting to irritate me.