oils

iwinulose2981

Awards
can someone educate me on the proper oils to cook with.

i normally cook with extra virgin olive oil.....is this the best available or should i switch to alternative.

i pretty much put evoo on everything. i cook my fish in it...i coat my chicken with it and add a dash to my turkey burgers.

thoughts?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I cook on an open flame and don't use any oils... but this probably isn't an option for most people.

I can't answer your question, but I thought I'd throw that out there. It's summer time get out your weber! :burger:

Cracker2

Awards
can someone educate me on the proper oils to cook with.

i normally cook with extra virgin olive oil.....is this the best available or should i switch to alternative.

i pretty much put evoo on everything. i cook my fish in it...i coat my chicken with it and add a dash to my turkey burgers.

thoughts?
I would have to agree with doggzj. Grilling is the way to go. I like the taste of charcoal but use gas for convenience. You can't beat it and usually there is less to clean if you use your grill. Just scrape it off when you are done.

NiteHawk

Awards
Yeah, I prefer the grill but when cooking inside, I use virgin olive oil and canola oil.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
enovla or extra light virgin olive oil but mainly the big old stainless steel beast in the garage, rain sleet or snow I break her out :twisted: