Suggestions for Recovery?

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
i injured my left arm about a month ago, i went to the doctor and he suggested that i had tennis elbow, and that i take a week or so off from training. Gave me a shot and some percs and told me to go take it easy.
Me being the dumbass that i am continued to work out, because i thought babying it is sissy ****. So now my workouts are off my lifts are down my form is ****y. And i decided today that im going to take a few weeks off, *brilliant, ey?*.

Any suggestions for cardio/nutrition/supplementing for these few weeks of hell?

i'm 5' 9'' 155 lbs 9% BF and 20 years old.

ClintCanada

i injured my left arm about a month ago, i went to the doctor and he suggested that i had tennis elbow, and that i take a week or so off from training. Gave me a shot and some percs and told me to go take it easy.
Me being the dumbass that i am continued to work out, because i thought babying it is sissy ****. So now my workouts are off my lifts are down my form is ****y. And i decided today that im going to take a few weeks off, *brilliant, ey?*.

Any suggestions for cardio/nutrition/supplementing for these few weeks of hell?

i'm 5' 9'' 155 lbs 9% BF and 20 years old.
I used arnica montana to help recover some tendonitis and it seemed to work quite well . . . read up on it, but its very easy to get, most places that sell homeopathic medecine sell it -- my doctor recommended it to me

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
i will try that,thanks. Did you cut out the weight training while you were recovering?

ClintCanada

i will try that,thanks. Did you cut out the weight training while you were recovering?
I love the gym, and for the first 2-3 weeks, I tried to keep working out 'safe' -- it didn't work at all -- probably ended up just delaying recovery if anything. In the end, I had to take almost 8 full weeks off from training, and then start back avoiding exercises that caused pain. A basic rule of thumb is let pain be your guide -- if it hurts don't do it. Even if Arnie is standing beside you telling you your form is perfect, but something is causing pain, you've got to stop.
My injury was the AC joint, not the arm . . . I'm not an expert in recovery, I just took the arnica montana and time & rest -- you may want to get a second medical opinion, at least if 2 different doctors concur, they're likely right . . .

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
haha, aight, i'll take a few weeks off and go from there.