Nutritional content of Sushi?

M

maxer

Awards
I've been trying to eat more healthy lately and im thinking sushi would be a good alternative to other lunch foods such as burgers and tacos. However the sushi at my school does not have nutritional info on the package. Does anyone have an idea of the nutritional content in California rolls for example? Btw there are 8 rolls per package.

B

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying to eat more healthy lately and im thinking sushi would be a good alternative to other lunch foods such as burgers and tacos. However the sushi at my school does not have nutritional info on the package. Does anyone have an idea of the nutritional content in California rolls for example? Btw there are 8 rolls per package.
Try using the calculator at www.fitday.com it's really good.

I like this place near me that makes sushi using brown rice - I'd never seen that before and it tastes GREAT.

BP

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I get my sushi with Brown Rice at my local Whole Foods.

It is better than burgers and tacos but the only thing that would be concerning would be the white rice, but if its all ya got go with the sushi over a caf burger.

My school just started offering a healthy lunch opption in our school and starting next year there will be all healthy good in the caf (a New Jersey bill passed eliminating products with main ingredient as sugar, foods with certain fat %s and so on) Kids are flipping out because of this, but all I can say is it is about time. Although some of the healthy foods my caf has been serving I wouldnt touch, cept the w.w pasta :)

M

maxer

Awards
Try using the calculator at fitday.com it's really good.

I like this place near me that makes sushi using brown rice - I'd never seen that before and it tastes GREAT.

BP
Thanks ill check that out. Brown rice? Thats wild. Never had anything besides the standard white rice but id like to try the brown.

I get my sushi with Brown Rice at my local Whole Foods.

It is better than burgers and tacos but the only thing that would be concerning would be the white rice, but if its all ya got go with the sushi over a caf burger.

My school just started offering a healthy lunch opption in our school and starting next year there will be all healthy good in the caf (a New Jersey bill passed eliminating products with main ingredient as sugar, foods with certain fat %s and so on) Kids are flipping out because of this, but all I can say is it is about time. Although some of the healthy foods my caf has been serving I wouldnt touch, cept the w.w pasta :)

Yeah when I was in high school I know I wouldn't have eaten sushi or anything healthy for that matter. I was all about the burritos and pizza unfortunately. :sad:

B

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Definitely check out www.fitday.com too. It'll help you out big time when trying to plan out a diet or just figure out what you ate.

BP

H

HeIsLegend

Awards
man i had some california rolls today and i was on fitday and they didnt know those things are good especially with the wasabi