Food Hangover?

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone ever have a cheat meal late at night and wake up the next morning with a really bad headache and dehydration?

Last night I got a pizza and totally attacked the thing. I ate like 6 pieces. I knew this was going to happen again so I drank lots of water. Sure enough this hungover feeling woke me up really early to a massive headache and dehydration like I had been drinking all night.

mitch911

Awards
Does anyone ever have a cheat meal late at night and wake up the next morning with a really bad headache and dehydration?

Last night I got a pizza and totally attacked the thing. I ate like 6 pieces. I knew this was going to happen again so I drank lots of water. Sure enough this hungover feeling woke me up really early to a massive headache and dehydration like I had been drinking all night.
i know exactly what your talking about...pizza always does it ...when i cheat i go big and order a huge pizza and eat it all..go to sleep wake up dry throat vascular as **** although it does look like im pregnant lol..and then i have bad 'intergestion and can taste the greasy ass pizza in my throat when i burp the first half of the next day..i dont even feel like morning cardio even tho im guilty as hell for eating soo much.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I get the whole thirsty and feel crappy thing on high sodium. Even worse for me is if I give in to a big sugar splurge. I actually feel nauseous and physically worn out the next day after.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
It just goes to show how much the body Adapts to a clean diet. -when junk food feels like binge drinking the next day. High sodium foods do that to me too. I went to a bbq and had a hot dog and it just tasted like a mouth full of salt. I can't hardly enjoy cheat foods anymore without getting physically ill.

slyfox115

Awards
Most likely it is due to your insulin levels. If you diet consistently you insulin levels remain stable and you body gets used to what you eat. With introducing your body to a High GI Carb food (like pizza) your insulin levels will be all over the place. This also has an effect on serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" substance in the brain. I think that is the main cause of getting the headaches because i feel the same way after eating something like that. As far as the dryness in the throat goes, its more than likely due to the overload of sodium of the food.