Brush your teeth

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Brush your teeth

Is it true bodybuilders (and people who eat very healthy) dont have to brusgh their teeth as much as regular people because we get so much calcuim, nutrients etc into our system?

i know this sounds incredibly nasty but i was just wondering because i brush every night but sometimes if im buisy or just dead tired ...i figure that the healthy eating will take care of it and one night of missing it is no big deal. just dont let it become a habit

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

the reason you brush your teeth is to mechanically remove the bacteria that are found in your mouth. Clean eating could change the envirnoment that is found in the mouth but give the bacteria a couple of days, and they would be right back at it
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Is it true bodybuilders (and people who eat very healthy) dont have to brusgh their teeth as much as regular people because we get so much calcuim, nutrients etc into our system?

i know this sounds incredibly nasty but i was just wondering because i brush every night but sometimes if im buisy or just dead tired ...i figure that the healthy eating will take care of it and one night of missing it is no big deal. just dont let it become a habit
    Forgetting to brush your teeth every once in a while is not a problem but eating clean will not prevent plaque and gingivitus (sp?). Bottom line is brush your teeth atleast twice a day and floss.
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Brushing your teeth is a given. As has been said before, it helps clean the mouth of natural bacteria present in the mouth plus its just a pure and simple healthy thing to do, which is a big part of bodybuilding...... health.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.9%

dude, just brush your teeth. takes like two minutes. do two good brushed (one morning, one night) and one quick brush midday. floss at night. not too hard.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

And what about wiping after dropping a good healthy deuce? I mean I eat a lot of fiber, so I can skip a wipe now and then, right?

I'm just busting your balls bro! LOL. I'm actually wondering where you got this info from though...???
  7. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

Don't forget to floss!
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.96%

i would almost think opposite of that, infact i would think the majority of bb'ers might have more stench in their breath then regular pepole who do not regularly consume large amounts of protein, etc. dont forget all the vitamins and **** you take (you knwo that tastes nasty when you burp) and what about flax seed oil, you know that **** is nasty on the breath.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

Quote Originally Posted by statuz

i would almost think opposite of that, infact i would think the majority of bb'ers might have more stench in their breath then regular pepole who do not regularly consume large amounts of protein, etc. dont forget all the vitamins and **** you take (you knwo that tastes nasty when you burp) and what about flax seed oil, you know that **** is nasty on the breath.

Keep in mind that we stay away from sugar. Probably one positive thing. hehe
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

i hope i never spot you
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

I brush and floss like 4 times a day but I'm a bit neurotic, also make sure you go to the dentist for cleanings every 6 months. Gum disease is a pain in the ass, beilieve me I had oral surgery because of it and the **** hurts like hell.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.33%

This should be done off G.P.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Man, this place is just getting out of hand....

@ stxnas
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.39%

The reaosn you probably heard this because of the bacterias role in the production of cavities. You could have sh!t loads of bacteria in your mouth and as long as you dont eat sugar or carbs you wont get any cavities. You will have blood poisoning and heart problems, but no cavitites. When the bacteria in your mouth metabolizes carbohydrates it produces an acid. The acid in big enough quanities is strong enough to eat through your layer of enamel on your teeth.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 04:11 PM
  2. Your Bodytype
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
  3. CEE and your teeth
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 05:38 PM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 07:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 11:10 PM