Do you eat the whole egg or just the white?

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering who else eats whole eggs? Also why do some take the yoke out? Also wondering what are some good ways are to mix up how your eat your eggs. I usally just scramble or fry them and place on top of a sandwich. I appreciate any input from you guys! thanks.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
most people will have 2 whole eggs and add an addition 2-5 egg whites. THe yolks have many benefits but are also high in sat fat and cholesterol so thats why people dont eat like 4-5 whole eggs and instead add the egg whites to them. scramble them, fry them, boil them, any way you want is fine just be careful what you use in the pan (No butter just spray)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not real sure what your dietary guidlines are, but if you eat rice you could always add an egg or two to your rice and make fried rice. I think a lot of people don't realize that there is egg in fried rice. Just make sure you think it out first and watch what you use for ingredients.

I have also chopped up boiled eggs and added it to my tuna and today I added eggwhites to my salad. Hope this helps some.:food:

Sooty

Banned
Awards
I eat the entire egg...I dont particularly enjoy the taste of the yellow icky yolk, but I eat it anyway...

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey sooty, don't you scramble them?

Every morning I have 3 yolks added to 1 cup of whites. scramble em in a pan with some pam, add some Fat free cheese. I never get bored of this.
oh man i'm hungry now! :food:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I just slam em raw. 1 yolk and 4 whites = 15g protein. Or I'll crack em into my shake. Egg whites and splenda are awesome as well. Ok, I gotta go eat!

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1 cup egg whites and 1 egg at breakfast, 5 whole at night

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Generally I have 2-3 egg whites for every whole egg I eat.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I just slam em raw. 1 yolk and 4 whites = 15g protein. Or I'll crack em into my shake. Egg whites and splenda are awesome as well. Ok, I gotta go eat!
I do the same. If I have time I'll scramble them but I don't really have that much time in the mornings as I have to be up at 4. I add em to my shake and slam em down, I call it the cake shake.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Meh. I just get hardboiled eggs and eat the entire things. I dont have time (its just an excuse) to scramble my eggs..

I usually have 3 at a time. I dont know how much protein is in it, but i sprinkle salt and pepper on it.

sometimes that fat/calorie/carb/protein free garlicbutter spray taste good on it...

i dun suggest raw eggs, but thats just me, im a paranoid 17 year old

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
Every morning I have 5 yolks and 6 whites. (I just take one yolk out. I think it's more of a mental thing). I usually take a serving of Sesathin with this as well. I've made better gains during the time I take whole eggs rather than just the whites. I just make them over easy and eat each egg in one bite. Never gets old. I drink about 24oz of milk with it and have a whole wheat bagel. There's breakfast!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I like the whole thing sans the shell. I believe that the egg yolk is one of the few whole food sources of DHA, which is an important nutrient as it helps replenish the myoelin that coats the nerve cells of the brain, spine and eyes. A deficiency results in slow firing neurons, which can lead to cognitive impairment and poor vision...plus I love to dunk!

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bulking I eat whole eggs, cutting I'll use whites.

mildain

Awards
Yeah I eat em raw also. Mix 2 whole eggs with a glass of milk and one tablespoon of ovaltine.

I hear though that eating raw egg whites only can lead to a biotin defeciency. If you eat the yolks with the whites, the biotin in the yolks will counteract the biotin enzyme in the whites.

Also try some powdered egg whites added to your protien shake. You can buy them pretty cheap online and it's alot easier then cracking 5 or more eggs and seperating the yolks

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I just do the egg white liquid cartons from costco, cheap and effective.

pestis

pestis

Awards
2 whole egss
6 whites
1/4 cup low fat mozzarella
1/2 cup brocolli
scrambled every morning

scoher

Awards
I like to throw 4 yolks and 6 whites in a frying pan with 1/2 cup chopped white onion and 1/2 cup chopped tomato along with a tbls of freshly minced garlic and horse radish, then scramble with a little bit of enova or olive oil.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No yolk at all. I don't need all the cholesterol and I sure the hell ain't eating them raw :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I have a onion omelet every morning... 3 egg whites and one full egg. I'm cutting right now... Once summer is over, I'll have a 4 egg omelet with hole eggs.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
I dont know how to make omelets.. i have to get my mom to do it....

and she hates me, so thats why I eat my eggs plain
raw is just gross. EW

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I dont know how to make omelets.. i have to get my mom to do it....

and she hates me, so thats why I eat my eggs plain
raw is just gross. EW
Go to Walmart and get an omelet pan. :hammer:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do the same. If I have time I'll scramble them but I don't really have that much time in the mornings as I have to be up at 4. I add em to my shake and slam em down, I call it the cake shake.
I read jminis post and I thought I would give this a try. I will definitely be throwing these down on a regular basis now. Good stuff bro!--oh yeah, I added some splenda though.

opks22

Awards
I usually eat whole eggs, about 4, and then add 3-4 whites to it. Now the interesting thing, is i get bored of food, regardless of how it tastes, so i continuously mix up how i cook/eat them, sometimes raw, scarmbled, hard boiled, etc...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pam on the skillet and drop the egg whites straight in out of the egg while the heat is on low. let is just slowly cook and when there's barely any jiggly crap on top throw whatever you're gonna put in it and flip it in half.

And yup, i'm a sissy :) I can't stomach anything that tastes bad to me so I have to mask it with flavors etc.

mildain

Awards
raw is just gross. EW
Raw is how nature intended them to be eaten. I find it is easier to digest raw eggs then when they're boiled. Boiled eggs cause some major Bloating and gas.

Raw eggs go down smoothly and are much easier to prepare.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
There is some good raw egg eating info on mercola.com. The explanation is that when cooked, the enzyme enriched protein of the white part, genetically designed as a food source for the developing chicken embryo, conflicts with the more developed protein of the chicken found in the yolk. So, if you eat them raw, eggs are more digestible than when cooked. You can avoid the indigestion by eating the cooked "white" seperate from the cooked "yellow".
When eggs are organically raised the appreciable amount of illness causing bacteria are found at unacceptable levels in only 1 out of 100,000 raw eggs! ..that's a big omelete!

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I remember reading some place that the cholesterol in eggs isn't really an issue dietary wise...i will try and find it

personally I do the 2 whole eggs and 4 eggwhite thing in the morning..

I normally also toss in some kind of left over lean meat i probably had from the night before, or some really lean turkey lunch meat or something..just chop it up small throw it in the fry pan with some pam spray...once its heated dump my egg mix over it. Takes all of like 3-5 minutes.

Also if you get some roasted peppers in a jar and scramble them together it is quite tasty..

h19

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
im starting to be a fan of the cottage cheese and eggs, although i like it pan fried rather than nuked. i usually use 4 whole eggs and two extra egg whites with about half a cup of cottage cheese, scramble it then pour hot sauce on and enjoy

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
i tried cooking eggs with cottage cheese a few times and it just comes out too runny

I just have the cottage cheese on the side of my eggs

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
No yolk at all. I don't need all the cholesterol and I sure the hell ain't eating them raw :)
Yeah, one egg has an entire day's allowance of cholesterol in it. Granted, as generally larger indviduals, we can probably tolerate a bit more cholesterol. Still, why push it?

I generally have 5 whites and 2 yolks. Throw on a slice of cheese and some pepper, and it's good to go.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
wait.. so the yellow bit has cholesterol in it?
I totally cant eat anymore of those. gross

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Dietary cholesterol is not a problem. It's the 4.5 grams of fat in each one that I don't need a ton of. I like fat but I also like to control my intake and the whites are such a great protein source it only makes sense to change up the ratio of yolk to whites to tailer to my diets praticular needs. Nobody said nature was perfect. :D

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
For the raw eggs, it might be a good idea to supplement with biotin or maybe to at least cook the egg whites.

Raw eggs contain avidin (found in the whites), which is going to find whatever biotin it can come across and bind it unless the avidin is denatured through cooking.

The biotin-avidin binding affinity is one of the highest in nature (as in 1 free biotin molecule out 10^15 when in the presence of excess avidin). You definitely don't want an excess of avidin in your diet.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
For the raw eggs, it might be a good idea to supplement with biotin or maybe to at least cook the egg whites.

Raw eggs contain avidin (found in the whites), which is going to find whatever biotin it can come across and bind it unless the avidin is denatured through cooking.

The biotin-avidin binding affinity is one of the highest in nature (as in 1 free biotin molecule out 10^15 when in the presence of excess avidin). You definitely don't want an excess of avidin in your diet.
That is a good reason to include a yolk or two with your raw whites. Egg yolks have one of the highest levels of biotin per serving (second only to liver which is also best raw, right out of the animal!).

big boi 1906

Awards
Just wondering who else eats whole eggs? Also why do some take the yoke out? Also wondering what are some good ways are to mix up how your eat your eggs. I usally just scramble or fry them and place on top of a sandwich. I appreciate any input from you guys! thanks.

Pubmed article lists a couple reasons to eat the yolk too.
One is because the fat is needed to process the protein.
Something about there being a health risk by eating lots of protein without fat. Now how much yolk or fat needed is I guess individual to each person. But from papers, apparently the nutrients and minerals are in the yolk, only half the protein in the white. Also, something about salmonela being only in the white and not the yolk. And since some feel over cooking the whites degrades the protein, salmonela might be an issue if under cooked.

But ultimately, your goals determine whether you do alot of the yolks or not. If Bulking and in need of more cals, Fat from eggs is one of the best ways to go besides the fat in whole milk. It's anabolic.

Needing to lean out, cut back on the yolks eventhough Arnold said fat in eggs should be kept and to reduce fat elsewhere in the diet. However, if you have cholesterol issues, eventhough egg fat doesn't effect bad LDL in a negative way, you probably would wanna be careful with this just like protein intake if you had liver issues.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I tend to eat both the egg and the white. I have some small cartons of pasturized egg whites. If I'm in a hurry, I'll throw anywhere from 2-6 in my morning protein shake. They have no taste and actually make the shake smoother.

Zavijava

Awards
I think that I'm having too much avidin or something in my diet. I have been eating about 30 whites in day.

Couple of my friends have complained that I smell terrible. Haha. I'm pretty sure that I haven't changed anything else in my diet except added tons of egg whites. I guess I have to go back to normal and stay with about 10 whites a day.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I just do the egg white liquid cartons from costco, cheap and effective.
I knew I joined that place for a reason. Gotta go get these. Sweet.

Zavijava, dude it's the eggs. My Dad smells like you.:icon_lol:

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Something about there being a health risk by eating lots of protein without fat. .
They are probably talking about "protien poisoning". Basically if you were to eat nothing but protien for weeks, it messes you up.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I usualy just boil them and eat the white. When in need of yolk(bulking) I just make an omlet like others have posted. Throw in some fat free cheese and lean meat. Nice meal to start off with.

snowtiger

Awards
boil 10 a day and munch em through out the day as a craving stopper. I personally eat 1 whole egg at a time and throw half the yolk. doing this stops the bordom of just the white rubber..

Sooty

Banned
Awards
So can you explaind this avidin biotin stuff in 17 year old speak?

Do i need to eat the whites, the yolks, or both and in what ratio?

Thanks!

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I eat generic egg beaters, kroger brand, I use generic pam butter flavored and scramble it all up in a generic pan, on my generic stove.

I'm so generic.(cheap(poor))

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eat the whole thing , The lipids help burn fat