stumbras

Board Supporter
Awards
Guys what are you using to help your body absorb huge amounts of food
i heard that ginger works fine, what else

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Now nutrition has a digestive enzyme product that is supposed to help. I just bought a bottle from Nutraplanet...have not tried it yet so I can't really say if it works or not, but I'll keep you posted.:burger:

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I like using Triphala, which acts as a digestive cleanser. It's also cheap!

Gumbo

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I like using Triphala, which acts as a digestive cleanser. It's also cheap!

Gumbo
Where do you get it?

I use Multi-Enzyme from the Vitamin Shoppe. Definitely seems to help.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Where do you get it?

I use Multi-Enzyme from the Vitamin Shoppe. Definitely seems to help.
************* has it for under $8 (NOW brand)....that should last you a month.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
oops...sorry for violating the rules. :nono:

Check out any good supplement web site.

Gumbo

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Gumbo, how has the Triphala been for you in regards to digestion problems/distress?

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Hey Gumbo, how has the Triphala been for you in regards to digestion problems/distress?
Been using it for 6 weeks now. I take 3 tabs twice per day. I feel less bloated and find myself taking one more dump than usual each day :) Gumbo

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I know this an old thread but i think it deserves a bump.

I just found some info on Triphala herb when i was researching liver health, digestion etc. This stuff sounds great here's a few things it's good for.

Benefits of Triphala
(A) Digestive System
•Acidity – Triphala has been found very effective in treating acidity, hyperacidity or acid reflux. Due to its powerful neutralizing action it aids in the normal production of gastric acid that does not harm the stomach lining and does not cause acidity.
•Loss of appetite – Triphala is a herbal formulation that is very effective in normalizing the digestion that is helpful in maintaining the normal amount of hunger desires in the body. It helps in promoting the decreased appetite.
•Abdominal pain – Triphala is very effective in releasing the spasm that is the pain reason for occurrence of pain in the abdomen.
•Constipation – Triphala possess certain properties that makes it a mild laxative thereby it is extremely beneficial in treating the constipation.
•Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) – it is a common diseases world wide that makes a person very irritated due to infrequency of the bowel. Triphala is considered the best remedy in treating such types of abnormalities.
•Digestive disturbances – Triphala is one of the potent herbal formulations that helps in regularizing the digestive tract and also helps in maintaining the normal peristaltic movements.
•Liver problems – Triphala is very helpful in treating all kinds of liver disorders and also promotes the secretion of liver that helps in aiding the proper digestion.
(B) Cardiovascular system
•High blood pressure or hypertension – Triphala is known for its spasm releasing properties. In case of high blood pressure there is a kind of spasm in the arteries that restricts the blood flow. Triphala is helpful in releasing this spasm facilitating the easy flow of blood through them.
•High cholesterol – Triphala is very helpful in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body. It does not let the bad cholesterol i.e. LDL, low density lipo protein to propagate in the body and promotes the production of good cholesterol i.e. HDL, high density lipo protein in the body.
•Atherosclerosis – it is a condition in which that is accumulation of plaque the in arteries in which the blood is supplied to the various parts of the body.
•Fluctuating heart rate – there are various reasons by which there is tachycardia and bradycardia. Triphala has known properties by which it is very supportive in maintaining the normal rythymicity of the heart. It also tones up the heart muscles and various ligaments that are helpful in regularizing the heart rate to normal.
•Anemia – Triphala is now been established to help in production of red blood cells that get depleted in case of anemia.
(C) Respiratory system
•Respiratory infection - Triphala is an herb that is known for increasing the immunity of the body. Triphala acts as a powerful security checker and does not let any foreign particle to invade in the body and if by chance it gets into body, it strongly acts on it to eradicate that particle thereby protecting our body with its harmful after effects.
•Cough and cold – as mentioned earlier also that Triphala is very supportive in curbing any kind of infection in the body thereby it is helpful in withholding the conditions like cough and cold as it is also helpful in countering allergies.
•Accumulated mucus in the lungs and chest – as described earlier that Triphala has mucolytic properties thereby it is very helpful in expelling out the extra amount of mucus that some how gets accumulated in the chest and forms the grounds of infection.
(D) Nervous system
•Brain enhancer – Triphala is supposed to increase the mental ability as well as improves the concentration levels in the brain. It does not let the non required chemicals to get secreted in the brain thereby preventing the production of negative thoughts and does not let depression to interfere in your life.
•Nervine weakness – Triphala also stimulates our nervous system to make it perform to the optimized levels. It is also very helpful in protecting our body from diabetic neuropathy also.
•Eye tonic – Triphala is considered as one of the most powerful eye tonic and helps in curing any kind of eye related problem. Triphala is very beneficial for eyes and helps in increasing the vision. Triphala is very helpful in treating the deformed vision due to various diseases like diabetes etc.
•Head ache – Triphala is highly recommended in the chronic as well as acute headaches. Triphala is also helpful in treating severe types of head aches and even migraine.
•Fatigue – Triphala is a boon for people who have this kind of problem. Triphala energizes the body. It eradicates all the lactic acid formed in the body which is the main cause of the fatigue in the body.
(E) Urinary system
•Urinary tract infection – as mentioned earlier also Triphala is very helpful in curbing any kind of infection that is affecting the urinary tract hence it is extremely helpful treating any kind of urinary tract infection (UTI).
•Dysurea – Dysurea is a condition in which the urination is painful. Triphala is helpful in maintaining the normalcy in urination eases the urine flow out side the body.
•Renal stones – well good prognosis has been seen in this regards but some other herbs like pashanbhed etc are also employed to treat the cause.
(F) Reproductive system
•Male reproductive system – Triphala is extremely beneficial in treating the various diseases of male reproductive system. It is helpful in increasing the energies of the body and also augments the endurance. It helps in increases the sperm count and enhances the quality of the sperms. There for it is considered as a good aphrodisiac agent.
•Female reproductive system – Triphala is extremely beneficial in treating female reproductive tract abnormalities. Diseases like dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, irregular menses, leucorrhea, vaginal dryness, excess bleeding etc are some of the common problems that have been successfully treated by normal use of Triphala.
(G) General body
•Anti-oxidant – Triphala is one of the powerful antioxidant. Its reference has been found in various ayurvedic texts. Triphala has a unique properties by which it is has the affinity to scavenges free radicals. It is very helpful in retarding the early aging process to make you young for ever. It also fills your body with new energies and enthusiasm that will make you and your body happy.
•Diabetes – Triphala is very beneficial in treating diabetes. First of all it stimulates the beta cells of islet of langerhans present in pancreas to release the proper amount of insulin, a hormone that is required to regulate the blood sugar levels. As per the ayurvedic concept as Triphala is bitter in taste it scavenges on the glucose particles that float in the blood stream.
•Skin – Triphala is considered as one of the best skin tonic. It not only makes a healthy skin but is also helpful in treating the various skin related ailments. It is very beneficial in reducing the itching over the skin disease. It prevents appearance of early ageing sign i.e. wrinkles on the skin and is also very helpful in reducing the dark circles.
•Immunity – Triphala is extremely beneficial in increasing the immunity in the body and also helps in fighting any kind of infection that occurs in the body. It is helpful in production of various anti-bodies, T helper cells and lymphocytes that are helpful in fighting against any foreign invasion on our body.
•Obesity – Triphala shows wonderful results in treating obesity. It regularizes the digestive system so that proper absorption takes place in the body. More over it directly targets the fats in the body to reduce them.
•Cancer – recent researches have proven that Triphala is highly effective in treating the cancer. These tests were conducted on mice. It does not let the abnormal division of the cells making them to perform normally. More researches are taking place to prove their effect on humans but it for sure that it has anti cancerous properties that make it a herb for future.
•Inflammation – Triphala is highly effective is reducing any kind of edematous growth internally as well as externally in the body and also is helpful in reducing inflammation.
•Colon cleanser – “Triphala is the best Colon cleanser in the world”. This is the opinion of a survey that was being conducted world wide. It is a powerful herbal combination of three most potent herbs that are extremely beneficial in eradicating any kind of toxins. It tones up the intestines and our colons and makes absorption of nutrients easy.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
NOW Digestive Enzymes is good and some sort of quality probiotic blend. I just started using one from TwinLab called Super Probiotic. I also have been supplementing with glutamine. My gas has gone down cause it was getting out of hand. I think the combination of everything is helping more then one alone.