Newbie to EVERYTHING - Need Help

jaga1a2

Awards
Sorry to bother you guys, but I need to change my body.

It's pretty pathetic. I weigh 165 but have no defined muscles really. I have a lot of fat. I look skinny in clothes, but with a shirt off it is pretty embarassing.

I've started running 3-4 times a week for about 30 mins.
Each time followed by a lifting regimen that consists of mostly upper body / back / arm exercises, that lasts 45min.

I haven't ate well for a LONG time, but have changed that over the past 3 weeks.

I didn't research it though, and basically I just cut my calories by about 1/3.

Usually no breakfast.
Beef Jerky for snacks
Lunch: Chicken ceasar salad
Dinner: Steak hoagie (11%fat)
----------------------------------------------------------

Basically, I need a lot of help. I don't know if anyone is willing to write up something for me such as diet and exercise plan. So far my exercise and diet has been so unorganized, and I find myself getting really hungry and eating things I shouldn't.

Maybe if I had a plan/schedule I could eat well.

I'm looking for foods that are easy to prepare. I don't have a stove/oven at school, just a microwave. I will have a stove/oven Thursdays - Sundays though.

I know this is a lot to ask, but any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not looking to get BIG, muscle wise. Just looking to build some muscle, lose all this excess fat, and get some definition.

THANKS A MILLION!:burger:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bobo can help you if you're willing to put forth the effort and the cash. He's the owned of this board and has helped several people a ton who were like you, and seeking advice. I don't know if he's accepting clients right now or not, but you can check out his website at http://www.flanutrition.com/

jaga1a2

Awards
Problem there - no cash, I'm a broke college student.

Just looking for some advice with a sample diet that would give me the correct foods and correct amount of protein, fat, calories, etc.

I fear that all of this lifting I'm doing isn't going to pay off because I'm not eating the right things.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Let me offer a start.

DO NOT do cardio before lifting.

Take a look around at other people's routines.

Get a whey protein shake with some whole grain carbs (oats thrown in is nice) pre and post workout.

Do cardio after lifting or at other times.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Hello and welcome....

All of your questions can be answered by just reading...Don't post, just read...and when you think you're done reading, read some more. Then, when you have some specific questions (and you will) ask them and the members here will be more than happy to help you out, but you can't expect anybody to do the work for you (you would'nt ask someone else to go to the gym and lift the weight for you, would you?). It's the same thing, this is part of it (and honestly, part of the fun), doing the intellectual work that will enable you to do the physical work required to make a change in your life (cue cheesy inspirational music). Look no further, It's all here for the taking, everything you need.:woohoo:

jaga1a2

Awards
Thanks, I was dumb to think someone would put something together. I just joined the forum and posted that up. I've already read enough to put together a diet plan (that I'd love to be critiqued). I posted it in the weight loss section.

Thanks.

jaga1a2

Awards
a

I will probably need to add another meal.

Does ordering of meals matter?

I can eat meal 1 at the same time everyday

Some days I will work 7a - 3p
Others I will work 3p - 9p

No microwave at work. Do have a fridge.

I figure I can eat the w/w bread, oats (can you just eat oats plain? I don't care if its bland as hell), celery, carrots, protein shake.

Oh well, I'll figure that out after I get my diet to the point where you guys think it will be ok :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 4
Supplements 4
Anabolics 9