Rice CAKES!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

Rice CAKES!

Anyone use them postworkout with their shakes???

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I do sometimes...depends on where I workout....the gym I like the most is a 20 min drive from where I live...so I usually do there, but I have oats when I goto the gym where I live (down 4 flights of stairs from me).
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  3. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Rice cakes are junk food, might as well be eating candy. They have a GI of like 82. Read the ingredients: rice flour, sugar, corn (with germ removed), maltodextrin, salt, high fructose corn syrup, milk, natural and artificial flavors, etc.

Junk
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.75%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Rice cakes are junk food, might as well be eating candy. They have a GI of like 82. Read the ingredients: rice flour, sugar, corn (with germ removed), maltodextrin, salt, high fructose corn syrup, milk, natural and artificial flavors, etc.

Junk
    Agreed, I never consume them.

Post workout I prefer a low GI source.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

really depends on what kind you buy. I agree about store brands such as quaker being junk, but there are some decent ones out there.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr

Junk
    ummm...no! go organic.....
  7. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Sorry, but you should be more specific with your posts. If you say "rice cake" the average Joe is gonna think Quaker. I don't have an ingredient list on those organic things of which you speak (post it up?) but just being organic doesn't make it intrinsically healthy. I can buy organic chocolate, organic butter, organic fatty pork sausage etc.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

If it's organic dude, you can rest assured that there are no HFCS!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

Brown rice whole grain goodness
    - Gluten Free
    - Wheat Free
    - 100% organic
    - Kosher
    - No artificial flavors
    - No artificial colors
    - No trans fats

Ingredients:
    Organic whole grain brown rice, organic popcorn, organic evaporated cane juice, organic caramel flavor, organic molasses, sea salt, organic butter flavor (contains milk, contains soybean oil).
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    Brown rice whole grain goodness
    - Gluten Free
    - Wheat Free
    - 100% organic
    - Kosher
    - No artificial flavors
    - No artificial colors
    - No trans fats

Ingredients:
    Organic whole grain brown rice, organic popcorn, organic evaporated cane juice, organic caramel flavor, organic molasses, sea salt, organic butter flavor (contains milk, contains soybean oil).
    Now those sound pretty good. Thanks for postin that. I may have to pick some up and give em a try as an occasional treat. (Don't care for evaporated cane juice even though it's better for you than refined crap but everything in moderation, right?)
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

It really isnt a treat....it's a pretty solid carb source and the taste is pretty damn bland. I rank it up there ahead of whole wheat breads and pastas.....maybe just below my top three of brown rice, oats, oats, oats, and sweet tators.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.76%

where can you pick those up?
  13. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

I eat granola bars once and a while. Your gonna go crazy if you don't have a little cheat snack. I eat clean 6x a day 7 days a week. It's insane, I feel good about it but you need something to enjoy and rice cakes is something. Big deal if it's GI is 82, you can eat clean and still enjoy a snack once and a while. If your cutting bulking or even trying to gain LBM it's ok. On the opposite if I was dieting for fatloss than I wont touch it.

For the guys who love oats, don't you get diarrehea like symptoms every day? I incorporated that into my diet for a few weeks and had to go to the bathroom HARD, it's like a waterfall coming from my ass sometimes. Wheat bread sucks but I think it's the best complex. Stick some natural peanut butter on it and there you go.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexParty
    I eat granola bars once and a while. Your gonna go crazy if you don't have a little cheat snack. I eat clean 6x a day 7 days a week. It's insane, I feel good about it but you need something to enjoy and rice cakes is something. Big deal if it's GI is 82, you can eat clean and still enjoy a snack once and a while. If your cutting bulking or even trying to gain LBM it's ok. On the opposite if I was dieting for fatloss than I wont touch it.

For the guys who love oats, don't you get diarrehea like symptoms every day? I incorporated that into my diet for a few weeks and had to go to the bathroom HARD, it's like a waterfall coming from my ass sometimes. Wheat bread sucks but I think it's the best complex. Stick some natural peanut butter on it and there you go.
    RICE CAKES AND GRANOLA BARS FOR CHEATS???/ get real bro.....what has this world come to? Cutting for a show, ok fine, but trying to gain mass> No such thing....I'm talking rice cakes for POST WORKOUT nutrition.

Oats and dirrehea??? WHAT?? Should be quite the opposite, esp. with all that fiber!
  15. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    RICE CAKES AND GRANOLA BARS FOR CHEATS???/ get real bro.....what has this world come to? Cutting for a show, ok fine, but trying to gain mass> No such thing....I'm talking rice cakes for POST WORKOUT nutrition.

Oats and dirrehea??? WHAT?? Should be quite the opposite, esp. with all that fiber!
    Wow dude your are total misunderstanding me. What I said is I eat 6 meals a day CLEAN, actually BOBO made me the diet. I have rice cakes(sometimes) after a workout which there is nothing wrong with that. If there is I'd LOVE to hear it since I'm not talking it as part of my complex carbs. As for a granola bar, I have one a day lets say during work since my work requires a lot of physical activitiy and endurance, extra carbs, even is it's sugary isn't a bad IDEA, if I sat around at an office all day than I wouldn't do it, eveything is bad in excess but in moderation wont hurt you. I'm not gonna have a protein bar as a snack since I save those incase I am at school in a 3 hr class and have NO OPTION of eating. I wont pull out a chicken breats a potato. A protein bar as a meal in that situation is better than nothing at all. You do whatver you can. So for the point the GRANOLAS and Rice cakes aren't apart of my meal but more in between if I ever need something to munch on. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now and my BF has dropped 1%, not increased so it's not doing any harm and my weight has gone up. I aint complaining.
  16. Yari Ka Daw!
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

As for the oats and diarreha, yes it should act on the opposite but everytime I had diarreha it was because I had oats in the morning, when I took it out of my diet I didn't have that problem anymore. One can only assume that could have been part of the problem. Everyones body reacts differently. I've responded differently on PP than most other people and now it seems like I respond differently on oats. Lol like you think I'm making this up? That's pretty sad if I was making up having diarreha on a forum.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.87%

Yeah I eat those whole grain quaker rice cakes in the morning. They have about 50 tons of sugar in them, but in the morning sugar is alright. Helps to get me going. I usually start off with eggs and oatmeal, but when I am in a rush I drink a protein shake and eat a few rice cakes.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

I go with 2 scoops whey
    3 rice cakes (1g of sugar, organic corn or whole wheat, 8g of carbs)
    and a scoop of cell-tech carb sense (free 4 tubs) postworkout...then a prebed shake and nuts and I'm done for the night
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.13%

I dont know why you say rice cakes are bad. I eat them a lot. I love them with splenda and cinammon on them.

I also buy the Quaker brand- plain. My ingredients only say whole grain brown rice, salt. That is all, no sugars, fat etc.

Only 7 grams of carbs and 1 gram of protein.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
  2. Rice Cakes?
    By JKurz1 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 08:27 AM
  3. GI of rice cakes?
    By houseman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
  4. Whole grain brown rice cakes..?
    By MaDmaN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 11:58 AM
  5. Anyone use Rice/Almond/Any other "milk"?
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:32 PM