How do you all weight your food?

SMALLTIMER

Awards
I was wondering how everyone else measure their food .I do use a scale and measuring cups.I was wondering about meats in particular.Do u weight it precook are afterwards? Here's example they say 12oz of chicken breast is 80 grams is that 12oz cooked are before cooked ?

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
I was wondering how everyone else measure their food .I do use a scale and measuring cups.I was wondering about meats in particular.Do u weight it precook are afterwards? Here's example they say 12oz of chicken breast is 80 grams is that 12oz cooked are before cooked ?
Always measure your meats uncooked because this is how the calories and protein are listed - by uncooked weight. After a few weeks of measuring your chicken/steak etc. you'll find that you can pretty much eye-ball your portion sizes.

SMALLTIMER

Awards
Alrighty! Thanks for the info guy i really appreciate your help.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Yes, the back of the package most always gives the nutritional value of the uncooked meat unless otherwise noted. I just use fitday and weigh my out cooked. I think its easier.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I don't weigh my food, I eat it. The more the better!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Eat clean, eat often. I measure my protein powder out though.

SMALLTIMER

Awards
Well normally thats what I do eat clean and 5 to 7 times a day.Now I'm trying to ensure I'm getting the recommended amount to help progress in my bodybuilding endeavors.Thanks for input all.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i weigh out cooked portions. i know the thingy says they account for it uncooked but a few extra ounces of lean protein won't kill ya. 16oz of 93% lean burger comes out to ~12oz cooked. but i measure out everything. can't add or subtract cals when you don't know where to start.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Who you kiddin Beelz? We all know you use a semi-truck scale to weight your portions. :D

Btw, how much does an entire cow weight?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
depends on how much fina and syno you've been injecting behind his ear :D

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
depends on how much fina and syno you've been injecting behind his ear :D
Probably none. Doubt you'd share your stash with even the finest of bovine buddies. :twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:rofl:
The mad cow crisis was all BS...They had to make up a story because Beelze was eradicating herds...

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I find the best way is to measure it out before cooking.

I use a food scale for most meats and chicken.

I use a measuring cup for rice and oats.

This will ensure that you are getting the correct calories from the nutrional values on the back of most packages