Cottage Cheese???

  1. Cottage Cheese???


    What the hell do you guys add to make it taste better or am I just a puss? (House - dont answer that)

    My 2nd snack is cottage cheese and usually almonds and peanuts, but I think I want to switch my "nuts" intake to pre bed. How about granola? No sugar low fat? Moving from a fat/pro meal to a carb/protein meal. What would you reccomend, or is a little bit of each with maybe some splenda a good meal?


  2. I add in a little bit of nonfat yogurt. Yogurt has a low GI and tastes great. I won't drop the yogurt for nothing!
    PharmD

  3. What would u do?

    2nd meal and train in the pm...

    granola/cottge cheese OR
    almonds,peanuts/cottage cheese
    or a little of each?
    •   
       


  4. pepper.

  5. It needs a fat or carb source

  6. I like Cottage Cheese with some chives and lowfat Triscuits..

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    It needs a fat or carb source
    I obiously didn't read entire post. (Getting ready for class.)
    I use 2% CC so I get the fat already.

  8. I'm in love with the protein pancakes made with the CC. Link to recipe thread.

    Giant Protein Pancake
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  9. Natural PB and a scoop of whey makes it actually really eally good!!

  10. Before Bed...Mix of MPI and Whey, Skim Milk (to mix), Natty PB and Walden Farms calorie-free chocolate sauce, topped w/ almonds.

  11. For something sweet I add splenda and cinnamon.
    For something savory I add some tuna, it takes the edge off.
    I can't stand cottage cheese on its own, yuck.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by karategirl
    For something sweet I add splenda and cinnamon.
    For something savory I add some tuna, it takes the edge off.
    I can't stand cottage cheese on its own, yuck.
    Second the cinnamon. Works well. Also some fruit gets it going good. A sliced apple or orange, or use wedges to dip. I actually like the taste of cottage cheese though, so I'm lucky. I just throw it in my morning shake and blend away.

  13. I gotta say I really like the low-fat (skim milk) cottage cheese that I have and I put it on some low-gi sort of high-fibre biscuits and eat it and its great.

  14. I can't eat cottage cheese with anything else, I can stand to eat it plain, and I find that if I mix it with something, fruit or whatever, I always think it's disgusting. It's always served me best just spooning it in by itself...

  15. I like plain CC. I will add either Pinapples or Peaches from time to time.
    Admin @ undergroundfreakzforife.com
    (That's right, we are BACK!!!)
    Elite Member @ freakzonline.com

  16. As Lake said, yogurt is the way to go. I usually mix it with low carb yogurt, and I add 1/4 cup sliced almonds. This is damn good. If you buy whipped CC, the texture is much better. I buy "Friendship" whipped CC, 16g protein and 1g fat per serving (5g carbs, I think).

  17. Mandarin oranges are the best, some of these other ideas I never thought of, they sounds good...

  18. granola or almonds are my top two choices....I get dry curd....friggn awesome. An entire tub is 320 cals, 2 g of fat, 4 carbs, and a whopping 160g of protein. I take half, sprinkle some cinnamon, splenda and a little sf syrup. Then I mix it up and freeze for an hour....add in my topping of choice and BANG....desert!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    granola or almonds are my top two choices....I get dry curd....friggn awesome. An entire tub is 320 cals, 2 g of fat, 4 carbs, and a whopping 160g of protein. I take half, sprinkle some cinnamon, splenda and a little sf syrup. Then I mix it up and freeze for an hour....add in my topping of choice and BANG....desert!
    That sounds good, but your calc is off. That should have 640 cals from protein alone.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    That sounds good, but your calc is off. That should have 640 cals from protein alone.
    lol

  21. I mix my cottage cheese with homemade sugar free strawberry jam... Can't be beat!

  22. I bought this hood flavored cottage cheese with chives and man that **** saved my life. It was getting to the point where I hated cottage cheese with a passion, now I thoroughly enjoy it once again. So I guess if you can't get it, throw some chives in your regular cottage cheese!!

  23. this is what i do....

    i don't even shew it (by itself) , take a breath and down it goes, i swear, this is exactly what i do.

    but with fruits, no problemo, taste great!

  24. Am I the only one who adds season salt? I know its a lot of sodium but a little mixed in goes a long way. Sometimes I add heaps of it on top of a few whole grain club crackers, or rye crackers for some fiber.

  25. paprika (sp?) gives it a nice flavor. I like it plain my self, but you could try that for a different spice, and mild, taste.

  26. First of all my cottage cheese has to be 2 percent or I hate it AND it has to be really cold or I get freaked out by it

  27. I add no-sugar-added jam like Fifty brand jam to it. 1Tbs. per cup is about right. Yum!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    What the hell do you guys add to make it taste better or am I just a puss? (House - dont answer that)

    My 2nd snack is cottage cheese and usually almonds and peanuts, but I think I want to switch my "nuts" intake to pre bed. How about granola? No sugar low fat? Moving from a fat/pro meal to a carb/protein meal. What would you reccomend, or is a little bit of each with maybe some splenda a good meal?
    less than 1/3 a table spoon of olive oil to 125 g cottage cheese will make you think you are eating a cheat meal....

  29. Quote Originally Posted by BIGnaturalBROCK
    less than 1/3 a table spoon of olive oil to 125 g cottage cheese will make you think you are eating a cheat meal....
    wtf that sounds horrible.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    wtf that sounds horrible.

    It is horrible. I just tried it 15 min ago.

  31. 1 scoop of muscle milk, plain whey with CC has got to be the worst. Chocolat MM and CC is like Chocolate pudding. Grow and CC is the absolute best though.

  32. Here's what I do...I add 1 tablespoon of Sugar-free strawberry jam and mix it up thoroughly. Also, I compromise by eating the lowfat cottage cheese instead of the fat-free stuff...the extra taste is well worth the extra fat (it's not much fat anyways).

  33. I've been eating cottage cheese for a year or so now before going to bed and it's the perfect choice. I tried the natty pb, whey, and water mix with it, and it's pretty good. ONly two drawbacks I've experienced is that my batch of CC was funny tasting to begin with, and I dont' have a blender so it was still chunky. After I got past that it wasn't bad. Go CC.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cottage cheese question
    By glenihan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
  2. besides cottage cheese
    By BOHICA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:43 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 05:37 AM
  4. cottage cheese no salt added
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 01:16 PM
  5. No tuna!!! mmmm Cottage cheese
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 01:39 AM
Log in
Log in