Brown rice Q's

1. Brown rice Q's

So I finally bought a rice cooker. Cooked up 1c of Brown rice. Bag said that it'd make 3c cooked. Somehow I musthave defied the laws of physics, and ended up getting 4c out of it.

My question is this: How much does 1c of brown rice weigh cooked in grams? Apparently I'm too tired or stoopid to figure this out. Help a Brotha out !
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

2. 1 cup should weigh about 200g
    •   

3. Yea it also depends on how long you cook it. But I believe karategirl's number is pretty close if it is cooked for the length of time specified. I believe you might have let it sit for too long.

Why did you get a rice cooker? Brown Parboiled Rice is low as hell on the GI scale and it is just as quick.
    PharmD

4. Thanks...oddly enough 4 google searches could not tell me that.

5. Quote Originally Posted by that hoooyge guy
    Why did you get a rice cooker? Brown Parboiled Instant Rice is low as hell on the GI scale and it only takes 10 minutes lol.
    No ****? I'd always figured the instant is higher GI...screw the $10 rice cooker!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson
    No ****? I'd always figured the instant is higher GI...screw the $10 rice cooker!

Haha I was like wait I said that not "that hyooge guy" but I am assuming you were putting that to me hahaha , guess it is getting a little late at night. That picture was taken post workout though, wish damn arm always looked like that .

Oops didn't mean to put instant in there. I will have to refer back to my manual of GI numbers ( I have a book with a vast amount of studies on GI numbers). But parboiled brown rice is DEF. the way to go. I will get back to you on the numbers of instant, regular, etc.
    PharmD

7. Sweet. Thanks Bro! So is this stuff readily available like Uncle Ben's?

8. What's so wrong with using a rice cooker? I bought one because it's so low maintenance. Throw in rice, throw in water, go sit on a$$. I get perfect rice every time, but I only drag it out once a week. I make all my rice on Sunday and pack all of my weekday meals then.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pei Wei Sides of Brown Rice, Make your life easier
    By theshocker21 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
  2. Brown Rice Crispy Bar
    By massmonster in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 11:37 PM
  3. Brown rice pilaf with asparagus and mushrooms
    By yeahright in forum Recipes