Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sleep....top anabolic and most overlooked part of training

any thoughts on these mattresses?
I have a Dormia bed which is the same thing (but much cheaper). I absolutely LOVE it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My wife and I have a king sized Tempur-pedic. We absolutely love it.

They are challenging to have sex on though. lol

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't have a Tempurpedic, but I do have an 8" thick memory foam one from Brookstone. It cost about $2500 (Xmas gift from my uncle who has more money than I'll ever see in my life) and is nice but I wouldn't personally buy it over a regular coil mattress. What took some getting used to for me was how the foam holds body heat and I felt like I had a fever the first few nights I slept on it.

I'd rather spend $2500 on a normal coil spring mattress and a brand new bed and nightstand.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those one don't have a latex core or lycocell to allow for circulation. Most of the original Tempurpedics don't. Its why you got hot. I never get hot in mine and I'm in SWFL :)

Its one of the best purchased I've ever made and I went from a costly spring based mattress. Never again.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No kidding? Yeah mine is all the same foam density throughout, there is no "core" so to speak. I didn't know there was a difference.

Oh well...my girlfriend's sister loves the bed (don't get any ideas...I let her stay in it when she was housesitting...I am not banging both of them) but can't afford a new one...hmm maybe I will sell it to her and then get one with a core!

Thanks for the info!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep. That was the problem wiht the first ones as well as not having a top cushion layer. The new ones have a softer top as the first layer (2-3 inches of lycocell) then the memory foam underneath. You get all the form fitting of memory foam with a a bit softer top layer and better air circulation.

The first ones for the most part were just blocks of memory foam which trapped heat.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Bobo or anyone else who has a memory foam mattress, this is my concern, after time (years) will the mattress loose its effect? Lose its softness, memory how ever you want to put it? I need to purchase a new mattress BAD and I looked into kingsdown, temper, but this 1 sounds better.......

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope.

"Guaranteed not to sag or flatten out."

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I picked up a 2 in pad from costco to put on top of out mattress its great and it only cost 100 $, I have been thinking about getting 4 more and stacking them, only 500$ for a 10 in thick mattress, I have a waterbed frame that we have our mattress in so they don't move around. Bobo check your PM's are you Hungry?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established

bioman, what's the nature of the challenge , is it just hard to move around or something?
been so long since I had sex, I don't want to add unnecessary roadblocks! :twisted:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
LOL, well if you are on your knees or hands and knees, you keep sinking into the bed. So if she's in the "doggy style" position, she doesn't sink as much as I do because I'm only on my knees..We keep having to readjest the angle/postion of the dangle if ya know what I mean, hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Other than that, we love it the bed.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
LOL, well if you are on your knees or hands and knees, you keep sinking into the bed. So if she's in the "doggy style" position, she doesn't sink as much as I do because I'm only on my knees..We keep having to readjest the angle/postion of the dangle if ya know what I mean, hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Other than that, we love it the bed.
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :rofl:

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Do NOT overlook this as a joke, he's being serious. Having sex on a tempurpedic bed really sucks! I had to counter this problem by grabbing some stuff from

Since then, sex with Bioman's wife has gone from :yawn: to :woohoo:

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Hey bobo do you have this problem with your bed? I'm sold on bobo's bed just gotta save the coin!

spoolin

Awards
I have herd alot of good things about the select comfort beds. The one that has air in it. The only complaint i hear about the foam matresses is how they retain heat.

VitaminT

Awards
I used to have a memory foam matress. That was absolutely brilliant. I never woke up with back or neck pain, even if I had trained really hard the previous day. Ok well, there were a couple of times that I really over did it and the matress helped. The cost is way overpriced if you buy the tempurpedic stuff. I'm not affiliated in any way with the following, but as a previous customer, I can recommend memoryfoam dot net if you don't mind putting the matress together yourself. You'll save a bundle for all the supps :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Do NOT overlook this as a joke, he's being serious. Having sex on a tempurpedic bed really sucks! I had to counter this problem by grabbing some stuff from

Since then, sex with Bioman's wife has gone from :yawn: to :woohoo:

As long as you stay the heck out of my supplement cabinent, we're cool:hammer:

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wife and I have had the newer temper. bed for about 8 months and we love it, except it is hard to get out of it in the morning because it is do damn comfortable, great investment, I highly recommend it...........

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I've had one for 2 yrs best bed I have ever had. As far as the sex issue, I do not experience that, I think sex is great on it, one thing, there is NO NOISE when your pounding the wife, so the kids do not hear us.....lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump to this...I just got a memory foam mattress this past week. I got one because I wake up every morning due to an achey back. I have not had this problem starting this week.

Symbol Mattress

I got a queen setup on sale for $998. This company doesn't advertise and that's supposedly why it's cheaper (less overhead).

iDShaDoW

Awards
Do these beds work too if you sleep on your stomach?

I don't know why, but I just can't sleep on my back.

I usually sleep on my stomach or my side although mainly on my stomach.

I do tend to have stiff neck and shoulders but I'm pretty sure it's mainly from just stress and tenseness rather than my sleeping habits. But if one of these mattresses can help with that I'd be interested in looking into getting one eventually.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
No, these mattresses will not help you. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst in terms of chiropractic health...it's likely no mattress will improve your comfort for long.

iDShaDoW

Awards
I see haha. Well I doubt I'll be able to make myself comfortable sleeping on my back anytime soon. Just something about it doesn't feel right, like when I fall asleep on my stomach it feels like I'm drifting down into the mattress haha.

My back and everything is fine. It's just my shoulder and neck muscles are stiff due to tension rather than the bones themselves causing discomfort.

size

Awards
  • Established
I have Temp. pillows and love them. They definitely improved my sleep. In the future, I imagine I will buy the bed itself as well.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was in a waterbed before we got the Temper bed and I could no sleep on my stomach at all on that bed, but on this one I fall asleep on my stomach with no problem, I fall asleep fast on this bed because I get comfortable really quick.......

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
I have herd alot of good things about the select comfort beds. The one that has air in it. The only complaint i hear about the foam matresses is how they retain heat.
i have one of the select comfort beds... it is the best bed i've ever had. would never get anything else. its pretty damn cool how you have adjust both sides of the bed as far as how firm you want it, and i've had it for the last two years with no problems.

Caged

Awards
I read a thread on fatwallet.com and bought a 3" tempurpedic top cover for $120. 10% off, $1 shipping.

I like mine alot, it was so large I folded it in half and have a 6". It isn't really good for sex but for sleep its awesome.

--- edit ----

I bought the tempurpedic top cover for $120 from overstock -- fatwallet.com gave the 5% cashback and 10% off, $1 shipping.