Best real food post workout?

  1. Best real food post workout?


    I ran out of protien powder due to some unexpected bills I didn't get to order any yet.

    What would you folks suggest as a whole food post workout if a shake wasn't an option?

    I am thinking Egg whites since its highly bioavailable.

    SO far I have been eating lean meat and loading up on my Liver tabs post workout.

    I think I will have to eat real food post workout for the next week or so.

    h19


  2. egg whites and oats are a solid meal, I'd do that or chicken and oats.

  3. Tuna and pasta
    •   
       


  4. I like the oats/egg whites, raw is good too if you are too lazy to cook them like I am....Not mixed together though...Nasty

  5. I'd say you have the right idea--just as lean a meat (or eggs) as possible and some good carbs. I've read several times that high GI carbs are not advantageous PWO, so a lean meat and oats or sweet potato makes a good meal.

  6. You could through in some skim milk to wash it all down

  7. I always go with the tried and true...chicken!

  8. ricotta cheese has a high concentration of whey. id go with the fat free kind PWO with some clean carbs. maybe toast some ezeikal bread and top it off with the ricotta or something like that.

  9. hmm ricotta cheese..now thats an idea...I was actually looking to pick some up a few weeks ago and it totally slipped my mind. Good call

    So does anyone know of anyone that DOESN"T have a shake post workout and relies on real food? I have a guess who might chime in here, but I will hold out on saying.

    h19

  10. Tuna mayo on a bagel for moi.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!

  11. ok you see in my avatar those sexy love handles? That's what bagels do to me....

  12. Damn Hamper... lookin' thick and sick with that back.

  13. I'd go with oats and chicken breast... Although egg whites don't sound to bad.

  14. Chicken thighs or breast with a toasted buttered onion pita...mmmm

    ...for less fat just the breast or whole eggs...rolled oats

  15. Quote Originally Posted by hamper19
    ok you see in my avatar those sexy love handles? That's what bagels do to me....
    Me too if i eat enough of them.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!

  16. I have always liked Turkey instead of chicken. Tuna or Salmon.. and your oats..

  17. yeah I pretty much can't stand chicken breast anymore...i mean unless it's breaded and fried and covered with cheese..lol

    Thighs I like. Last night I just had a lean and thick center cut pork chop, with about 3 servings of broccoli..and a slice of low fat american cheese, washed down with 6 oz of 1% milk.

    Nice and tasty

  18. Yeh , I like the broccoli too, been on a kick lately of having cottage cheese with chives on low fat Triscuits... good small meal and fills you up quick..

  19. triscuits are the stuff...I couldn't live without them...it's like you are eating junk food but aren't. The Rosemary and olive oil ones own at life.

  20. I sometimes do lean ground turkey and add oats in the meat. I make them into hamburger patties. The oats keep the meat moist and you get some good carbs as well!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by hamper19
    yeah I pretty much can't stand chicken breast anymore...i mean unless it's breaded and fried and covered with cheese..lol

    Thighs I like. Last night I just had a lean and thick center cut pork chop, with about 3 servings of broccoli..and a slice of low fat american cheese, washed down with 6 oz of 1% milk.

    Nice and tasty
    You are looking for a good alternative to protein powder because you ran out, has happened to me to lol.

    I think you had a GREAT idea with the egg whites.

    I am curious why did you chose to go with the pork chop?

    IMO even low fat pork chop is probably the worst choice of all the suggestions in this thread. It would be interesting to see the number of fat cals in the pork chop, low fat cheese and 1% skim milk.

    If it were me I would go to the store and just buy some protein powder to hold you over til you can order online.



    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  22. I just went with pork chop b/c I wanted something other then chicken...and had been eating flank steak for 4 days in a row and needed a change.

    I actually did go to the store and bout a 2lb thing of protien....i need another 10lb bag though which I am about to order right now actually

    Too bad nobody needs beta testers for protien powder

    it was only 1 slice of low fat cheese, which was like 2g fat..and 8 oz 1% milk is 2.5 g fat.

    6 oz top loin center cut pork chop 7.3 g fat....depending on the cut of pork, it can be quite lean

    h19

  23. Quote Originally Posted by hamper19
    I just went with pork chop b/c I wanted something other then chicken...and had been eating flank steak for 4 days in a row and needed a change.

    I actually did go to the store and bout a 2lb thing of protien....i need another 10lb bag though which I am about to order right now actually

    Too bad nobody needs beta testers for protien powder

    it was only 1 slice of low fat cheese, which was like 2g fat..and 8 oz 1% milk is 2.5 g fat.

    6 oz top loin center cut pork chop 7.3 g fat....depending on the cut of pork, it can be quite lean

    h19
    Gotcha

    If I ever make a new protein product I will have you beta test it for me ok?


    CROWLER

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    Gotcha

    If I ever make a new protein product I will have you beta test it for me ok?


    CROWLER

    haha nice...I will take you up on that!

    h19
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best carb source post workout
    By tshaw024 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
  2. Food for Post workout.......
    By JKurz1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
  3. BEST POST WORKOUT SHAKE
    By PH3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 03:42 PM
  4. Post-Workout Foods to Build Muscle
    By DarCSA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 03:42 PM
  5. What is the best portable protein that's real food?
    By baham99 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Log in
Log in