where to begin?

fireball

Awards
I'm new, been in and out of gym for years but just recently discovered my diet sucks. there is no plan it's been an see it eat it mind set. i've been reading on micro's -macro's untill recently these were unheard of. the difficultly lies in how to apply this new found knowledge. my work sched is GO NOW! HURRY! and sleep is a sometimes thing. diet is if i can catch it i can eat it. is there any book (their mobil) i can get to guide me. web sites are nice but can't carry a computer with me. plain to the point verbage
K.I.S.S. is my motto.
thanks for whatever guidance you provide

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
My opinion, start by gaining an understanding of nutrition & metabolism on a cellular/biochemical level. That way you will understand the reasoning behind some nutrition strategies and will be able to discern fact from fiction.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
My take: eat home-prepared foods. Excepting bread, pasta, milk products and the occasional cheat food, eat stuff you prepare yourself. Veggies, fruit, meats. Rice. Eggs. A slice of bread here and there. One very simple pointer: make a habit of cooking a whole chicken. Super-simple: stuff it in the oven for 2 hours and it's ready. Separate it in snacks/meals and put these in separate plastic containers. Good cold or warm, you can use the meat sandwiches, with rice, the combinations are almost endless.

Ronnie coleman eats chicken a few times a day, every day.