Is Nancy MacGranahan's arthritis book too good to be true?

joebb500

Awards
My 72 years old brother has arthritis in his hands and fingers, otherwise he is in good health and really enjoys fishing. But he spends a lot of time strapping himself everyday to get through the day.

Over the last few years he's given everything a go to help ease the pain but with no real relief. Now I've noticed an ebook that seems to be everywhere called "I Cured My Arthritis You Can Too" and although it's only $24.00 I'm cautious about getting it for him.

Has anyone bought it, it can be found at http://www.arthritis-news.info and any review would be most welcome. Ideally I am looking for help from anyone who has purchased the book and tried the cure it suggests.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If it looks like spam and smells like spam, well...

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
If she was really a sufferer she would have compassion for her fellow victims..and she probably would be elated to share her good fortune and cure for free.

Instead you find phrases like this:

"I can easily sell this information for over $150.00, considering the yearly costs you are already incurring with prescription drugs, over-the-counter products, or strict diets."

Translation I know you are desperate so I'm shaking you down. Just my 2 cents.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
I know this sounds like a plug... but i have been teaching a program run by the arthritis society called "Twinges and Hinges" that is a water-based program for people with athritis that promotes flexibility and eases pain... i suggest him looking into it in his area.. i know it is in the states as well, and has helped lots of people that i know personally through teaching them myself...

another option for his hands and wrists is to fill the sink with hot water, not scalding, but quite warm... and have him put his hands and wrists in the water and stretch his hands out and make fists (making sure NOT to hold the fists, and have his thumb outside of the fist at all times), not too tight of a fist, but enough that the hands and fingers get a good stretch...

another exercise we do it called the O's and L's... its where you touch each tip of your fingers to your thumb in succession.. if you make o's and l's with your fingers you'll understand what im saying...

anyways there are a ton of other exercises we do in the program.. and on top of these i highly suggest that he checks it out.. it has helped lots i know, and possibly him too... just something worth thinking about

on the subject of the book, i havent heard anything about it really.. ill look into it tho
Great info. amac. You prove my point. Those that suffer or know suffering (such as yourself) take the time to share/give freely to relieve the pain of others.

What a great attitude you have amac for one so young.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
There is some fairly serious suggestion that the acidification of the body is a main cause of arthritis. The liver should be able to de-acidify the body correctly, but obviously with age, it tends to lose this functionality somewhat. One way to remedy this is by dosing apple cider vinegar, 1-2oz ED in a half-glass of water upon waking.

Now this is no short-term thing, it can take months to make a serious difference but I know personally ONE person who did this long enough that she was feeling significantly better last I saw her. On top of that, her digestion had improved dramatically... No more acid reflux. The upside is, once you begin to have results, they accumulate...