Suggestions welcome

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I know that most on here are not real DR. although you may know more about specific things, I am only looking for opinions. Last week I got that god awful bug that was floating around, I ended up missing work on Monday and Tuesday. I havent been to the gym for one full week today. I am still feeling a little sluggish, should I wait till tommorrow, get a good night rest, and then hit it or should I go tonight and see how I feel. I am on the fence here. I have lost about 6 lbs and I know it will come back quick so i am not worried about that, just dont want to go back to soon. What do you guys think? In the past I used to train while sick, not a good idea, made things way worse. Oppinions welcome.
Thanks,
Drew

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I am pretty sure you have more experience that I do, but for what it's worth I think that you should wait until you feel 100% or closest to it. I hate gettin sick, you have to take so much time off, but I think it is the best for your body. When your sick your body is already trying to stave off whatever infection/bug/virus you have, and so working out is kind of like double duty. Whenever I have worked out sick it has slowed my progress in both ways. Just wait man, that hit it extra hard when you come back

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stay home. I hate seeing sick people using the same equipment that I use.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
one day isn't going to make a difference, regardless of what you do. if you have to ask this question, then you're probably ok to hit it today. i would, but i've gone with salmonella.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Stay home. I hate seeing sick people using the same equipment that I use.

I am not sick to the point where you would even notice it, I just dont feel 110% and that is what I give in my hour of gym time. I just feel like I dont have it all yet. I will wait till Sat, then hit super hard. Take sunday off to see how my body reacts then back on monday if all if good.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am not sick to the point where you would even notice it, I just dont feel 110% and that is what I give in my hour of gym time. I just feel like I dont have it all yet. I will wait till Sat, then hit super hard. Take sunday off to see how my body reacts then back on monday if all if good.

That sounds like a good idea.