Macros for recomping on cycle?

pokemon_trenn

Awards
How do you guys set your macros for a recomp when cycling? I've heard slightly below to slightly above or event at maintenance. So far I'm doing at or slightly below maintenance and 1g of protein per pound of body weight, but just wondering if there's a more optimal approach?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Gain weight then cut back for a few weeks, or cut then gain weight

"recomp" will lead to poor results

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What anabolics are you running? This will have some impact on how high you can push your calories. Recomping in general is very difficult due to either insufficient calories required to build muscle, or too many calories to burn fat.

For me naturally, I aim for +200-300kcal above maintenance per day while recomping. Creating a small surplus allows me to still put on small amounts of weight, but if my macros and cardio are in check I do not gain much (if any) fat. This is an incredibly slow approach though, and it takes a very long time to see results.

Depending on your cycle, you may be able to get away with a higher calorie intake while being able to lose fat simultaneously. It depends on what you're running

pokemon_trenn

Awards
What anabolics are you running? This will have some impact on how high you can push your calories. Recomping in general is very difficult due to either insufficient calories required to build muscle, or too many calories to burn fat.

For me naturally, I aim for +200-300kcal above maintenance per day while recomping. Creating a small surplus allows me to still put on small amounts of weight, but if my macros and cardio are in check I do not gain much (if any) fat. This is an incredibly slow approach though, and it takes a very long time to see results.

Depending on your cycle, you may be able to get away with a higher calorie intake while being able to lose fat simultaneously. It depends on what you're running
I'm using epistane 40 mg/day with trest as a base.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Is there a "HaHa react" on Anabolic Minds?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I'm using epistane 40 mg/day with trest as a base.
Epistane and trest is one of those cycles you can push your calories a little higher and still recomp. If your carbs are too high though you'll retain water. Alot of the times with trest you retain water anyways but im thinking epistane will help with that.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with Alex. Recomp is way hard. Gaining weight or loosing weight is way more realistic.
Recomp reminds me of the goal of the guy walking out the total nutrition with 300$ of bullsh1t supps.
Its really hard and if you do Recomp it may be .5lbs only after 5 months.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Alex. Recomp is way hard. Gaining weight or loosing weight is way more realistic.
Recomp reminds me of the goal of the guy walking out the total nutrition with 300$ of bullsh1t supps.
Its really hard and if you do Recomp it may be .5lbs only after 5 months.
I've never seen photo evidence of a recomp ever occurring

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Pics were a couple months apart. Didnt bulk then cut or vice versa, my cycle just melted the fat off and turned it into

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
No it stayed within a pound of the start weight. Started at 214 ended at 215 lol. Crazy huh?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Actually still sitting around 215 im pretty sure with even further body comp changes. My body just likes being 215 lol. Gonna get bigger than that though here soon

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Although i will agree with you and say its not something everyone can do and i dont think recomp is possible without gear

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you guys set your macros for a recomp when cycling? I've heard slightly below to slightly above or event at maintenance. So far I'm doing at or slightly below maintenance and 1g of protein per pound of body weight, but just wondering if there's a more optimal approach?
For a recomp on cycle, I am currently at 2g/lbm protein, fats from 20-23% and the rest are carbs. I am running deca and test right now and although I am heavier, I look leaner. My macros range from 40/40/20 p/c/f, sometimes my fats are a little higher and sometimes carbs are a little lower since I carb cycle.