Why Is My Nutrition Meal Plan Different on Leg Day?

Nspire

Nspire

Awards
My Nutritionist is on vacation and I forgot to ask why is it my leg day diet is different than the other days so hoping maybe someone knows why.

Leg day calories are 900...yikes but I have been managing to do it for almost a month. All other days I am at 1400 calories and doing ok.

I have tried researching why but can not find anything.

Also I am being chickened to death and good thing I love cooking and can be creative but WHY do I also have so much roast beef and fish on my plan also? The fish I understand but roast beef?

I have a heavy bottom half so guessing calories are lower on leg days to help with fat loss and muscle growth?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A 500 calorie deficit seems like too much. Legs are half of your body and if anything i would expect higher calories or the same as the other days.
Perhaps someone else can chime in with some info. I would recommend asking the nutritionist why. You would think you need more calories to push yourself more on leg days and move the higher deficit day to a rest or cardio day.

Nspire

Nspire

Awards
A 500 calorie deficit seems like too much. Legs are half of your body and if anything i would expect higher calories or the same as the other days.
Perhaps someone else can chime in with some info. I would recommend asking the nutritionist why. You would think you need more calories to push yourself more on leg days and move the higher deficit day to a rest or cardio day.
I had thought that too but was not sure. He just made the change recently. At first leg day was 1700. Thanks. I do plan on asking upon his return but know you all are a good source as well

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had thought that too but was not sure. He just made the change recently. At first leg day was 1700. Thanks. I do plan on asking upon his return but know you all are a good source as well
I would honestly keep it at maintenance or 100-200 Over on leg day depending on what leg day looks like for you. Not sure what your leg day looks like

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with the rest that those numbers look backwards... your hardest lifting day should 100% be your highest cal day, not your lowest. Otherwise recovery will tank and you wont build (or even maintain) muscle, likely you'll only lose it.

Nspire

Nspire

Awards
Agreed with the rest that those numbers look backwards... your hardest lifting day should 100% be your highest cal day, not your lowest. Otherwise recovery will tank and you wont build (or even maintain) muscle, likely you'll only lose it.
Thanks. I had sent nutritionist an email and he answered today and the number was wrong. Thanks everyone...had he not responded I was going to increase based of the consensus of what you all mentioned.

I love this forum!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing I can think of is your nutritionist has your calories higher the day before.

There are a few different ideas, consume more calories or carbs the days of your toughest training session, consume more calories or carbs the day prior to your most difficult training session in order to fuel the training session the next day, or consume more calories or carbs the day you are training a body part or group, you would like to improve the most.

I carb/calorie cycle and do a mix. I have a high carb and calorie day on Sunday which is a heavy push day for me. I would say try different things and see what works for you.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a heavy bottom half so guessing calories are lower on leg days to help with fat loss and muscle growth?
First of all, let me say, I LOVE a heavy bottom half!!! I'm crazy for thickness...

I think they added in roast beef because you need a good source of iron in your diet too, especially since you are a woman. Spinach and beef are 2 of the best sources of iron. It's either eat beef, or chicken liver lol.. I'm sure you'll prefer beef!