Easy tasty meals for meal prep

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for ideas,
I'm tired of eating beef mince ?

One of my mates does chicken mince, taco seasoning and adds salsa on top mixed with white rice.

Simple cheap healthy ideas

Let's get this going.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice. I'm in to steal some good recipes..

btothefman

Awards
I like chilli con carne but use kangaroo mince as it's low in fat / high in protein and with a real recipe (ie some bacon) you can't really taste the roo.

make a **** load (about 2kg if mince) at s time and freeze it in freezer bags for portion control, goes well with the different carb choices or toast.

other ideas is crumbed chicken breast frozen raw then lightly sprayed with olive oil then air fryed. as toppings keep salsa and different styles of chutney, or cut up a bunch of tomatoes and pan fry with lentils with plenty of chilli.

carbs do brown rice bags frozen or sweet potato that I freeze and also air fry.

overnight oats for breaky and wholemeal bread / eggs when I want a change.

btothefman

Awards
another go to is marinated meat (chicken thigh or beef) chucked in freezer bags, which you can layer stir fry and use with rice, pasta or in wholemeal wraps alongside salad etc.

thigh is better for stir fry as I find I don't need oil to cook, also awesome on the bbq grill.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I usually do different variations of the following:

Greens: green beans, asparagus, broccoli, cole slaw/broccoli slaw, or mixed greens salad
Carbs: sweet potato or jasmine rice
Protein: chicken breasts (cooked in the oven or slow cooker), salmon, lean ground turkey or ground beef

For seasonings my go-to mixture for chicken and turkey is minced garlic + chopped bella mushrooms + chili seasoning + franks buffalo sauce.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1. I have a big rice cooker with a built in steamer. I make my rice while steaming my vegetables and bake a pan of chicken or a pork loin and separate it into containers.

2. Cut up potatoes and veggies in a deep pan with a roast cover with foil and bake.

3. (Ground) turkey which I believe you call (mince). Cook with taco season and make big burritos with veggies of choice.

These are my easy go to meals. I've been a bit lazy and fat lately so I ditched my prep for eating out way way to much and it shows, a bigger gut and smaller wallet. Preping the above meals along with a few other things would cost me around $60 a week.

Eating out is costing about $20- $30 per day.
And that dosent include breakfast or my shakes.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1. Rice with canned fish or canned chicken
2. Rice and chop up hard boiled eggs to it
3. Protein powder and yogurt
4. Yogurt and sf/ff pudding mix
5. Yogurt and unsweetened cocoa powder
6. Potatoes and chicken, add them both a a slow cooker
7. Bodybuilder friendly soup/chili - Add ingredients you like for either and then add a bunch of chicken or meat