Ketogenic diet

Rhino230

Rhino230

Awards
  • First Up Vote
After almost of year of being on a low carb low fat diet I’m thinking about trying out the Keto diet for the spring/beginning summer. I would like to live life a little more than I have the last year lol. Anyone have any experience with it? I’m wanting to stay lean and pretty much maintain until after the summer when I plan to bulk. Open to other suggestions of diets. Thanks!

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
keto is pretty legit and the high fats will keep you less hungry... I get tired of eating avacado but it seems to be one of the best fats to use and coconut oil.... low carb and low fats diets are miserable I have done them they literally are torture....

Rhino230

Rhino230

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply guys. I’ve decided to try it out for 60 days. I think if anything it’ll bring my energy up because I’ve had low fat and low carbs so long so I feel like adding fat could help.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would give it a try and see how it goes. If you're eating low carb and you're not enjoying it, switch it up and try something new. I've done periods of keto in the past and it's always enjoyable to have a different food intake. I enjoy the benefits of keto, but my biggest complaint was the lack of energy during my workouts. I enjoy intense heavy training, and I always feel weak when I do keto. It's also very challenging to get a good pump while on keto. Not everyone experiences this, but I certainly do.

Give it a try and see how you like it. I'm interested to see how it goes compared to your current diet.

Zippy

Awards
I have been doing a ketogenic diet for about 4 years on and off, I usually do it for about 8 months of the year and back off towards November/December as I like to enjoy Christmas without thinking about what I’m eating and drinking. I love the feeling of having a constant stream of energy throughout the day without the ups and downs from carbs which I’m quiet sensitive too. You will have to accept you are going to lose strength a if you workout intensively at least at first usually after a couple of months it starts to creep back up to baseline I never have any drop off in cardio though but that could be just be me every one is different. The most difficult thing about it for me is eating enough to not lose weight, always going to drop a few pounds of water initially but after that eating 2500 calories is a bit of a grind when you are not hungry.