the best first world problem invention for my diet

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
this egg cooker is a god send. I never knew I needed a machine to make me hard boiled eggs until I got this. Complete First world problem device however because I don't have to time my eggs, get a tub of boiling water etc, I've actually made more eggs this week than I had in the entire last year. Hard boiled eggs are such a fast, easy protein source. I know i'm going to get judged so hard lol

81sQgeCwNaL._AC_UL115_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0RDRFS/ref=asc_df_B00F0RDRFS5345362/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00F0RDRFS&linkCode=df0&hvad****167151781903&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7892004734236553947&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031528&hvtarg****pla-304411983524

ps. 12 mins and they peel off PERFECT

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this egg cooker is a god send. I never knew I needed a machine to make me hard boiled eggs until I got this. Complete First world problem device however because I don't have to time my eggs, get a tub of boiling water etc, I've actually made more eggs this week than I had in the entire last year. Hard boiled eggs are such a fast, easy protein source. I know i'm going to get judged so hard lol

View attachment 159184
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0RDRFS/ref=asc_df_B00F0RDRFS5345362/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00F0RDRFS&linkCode=df0&hvad****167151781903&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7892004734236553947&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031528&hvtarg****pla-304411983524

Do they come out with no green/grey ring? I'd probably get one if so.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have this one, it makes 10 eggs at a time, and works well. The top metal part gets HOT though. I accidentally touched it with my forearm and it left what seems to be a very faint permanent scar/brand. Does yours get super hot too?

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Does yours get super hot too?
10 eggs! nice. The metal parts of mine don't get hot. Not hotter than I would expect anyways. The entire unit, eggs etc are hot when its cooking, but... thats as it should be right ? :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It seems silly to have to buy things like this for something that is so simple to do, but it really does save me time. Totally worth purchasing!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive got one for Christmas you can have. I don't do HB eggs. I can and do scramble, eat, and clean up 6 whole in less time.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 159184

Another device I would mention is a rice cooker. Not only can you use it to cook rice and steam veggies, but you can make hard boiled eggs this way too. I can fit 13-14 in my basket at once. Set it for 20 minutes and you are good to go. Perfect eggs that peel with zero issue and there are no rings either. That device looks neat, but I'd rather buy something, rice cooker, that I can use for multiple uses.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another device I would mention is a rice cooker. Not only can you use it to cook rice and steam veggies, but you can make hard boiled eggs this way too. I can fit 13-14 in my basket at once. Set it for 20 minutes and you are good to go. Perfect eggs that peel with zero issue and there are no rings either. That device looks neat, but I'd rather buy something, rice cooker, that I can use for multiple uses.
Which specific brand of rice cooker do you recommend?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which specific brand of rice cooker do you recommend?
I have this, it is basic, but get the job done. I have had it for three years, but there is a short in the cord. I have to twist it a certain way for it to work and even then, it doesn't stay on.

4e249cde-1254-47da-8838-b425d0027450.jpg.w960.jpg

I recently bought the one on the bottom, but I have yet to open it. I liked the reviews I read and it has a delay start function. You can fill it, but delay when the cooking begins so it is ready as soon as you get home.

83df7eb6-2fab-4363-9052-ba0b6ba84dfd_1.494cd66c7561dd8ec8d50ab88b7e386b.jpeg

I steam eggs, veggies, potatoes, etc. and use it for rice. You can also use it for oatmeal.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
i have are rice cooker. the egg cooker takes way less space and i like to cook small batches of eggs at once... sometimes only 2-4

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Air fryer.

Best way to cook chicken I reckon.

You can make sweet potato fries too!