Best place to find a calorie calculator?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Best place to find a calorie calculator?


    I have been slacking on eating properly and Iíve gotten to the point where Iím slipping down that nasty slope. Where do you guys go for your calorie calculator? Or if someone could PM me and help me calculate out my macros.

    Iím at 203 lbs and 5í7Ē right now and I want to work my way down to 165-170lbs.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates


  2. I use MyFitnessPal, just download the free version
    •   
       


  3. Myfitnesspal
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  4. Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Myfitnesspal
    How much protein should I be eating daily?
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  5. Quote Originally Posted by MistrJay View Post
    How much protein should I be eating daily?
    I assume that you are cutting? I tend to use the following macros for cutting

    Protein - 1.5g per lb of body weight as this helps me with satiety but anywhere from 1g per lb is fine

    Fats - 0.4-0.5g per lb of body weight for hormonal balance

    Carbs - to balance your daily caloric intake
    •   
       


  6. I've used the free version of myfitnesspal for years - highly reccomend it.

    The macro split @mickc1965 has given you is good. I also personally like to eat 1.5g protein per lb of bw (purely an enjoyment and sustainability thing. Natural lifters dont need more than 1g per lb but i just find high protein easier)

    Personally i like to keep carbs at 100g per day or less on a cut. Mostly around training. I increase fats if needed to make up the calories. Again though as long as total calories in is less than AMR you'll lose weight, i just feel and perform better on lower carb. Go with the most sustainable carb/fat split for you (within reason, you need some fats for health)

  7. Iíve always used MyFitnessPal
    Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse

  8. I can definitely recommend Yazio to you! It's perfect for keeping track of calories and macros and is really easy to use! I've been using it for more than a year now and it has helped me a lot with my weight loss and also with building muscles.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    I assume that you are cutting? I tend to use the following macros for cutting

    Protein - 1.5g per lb of body weight as this helps me with satiety but anywhere from 1g per lb is fine

    Fats - 0.4-0.5g per lb of body weight for hormonal balance

    Carbs - to balance your daily caloric intake
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I've used the free version of myfitnesspal for years - highly reccomend it.

    The macro split @mickc1965 has given you is good. I also personally like to eat 1.5g protein per lb of bw (purely an enjoyment and sustainability thing. Natural lifters dont need more than 1g per lb but i just find high protein easier)

    Personally i like to keep carbs at 100g per day or less on a cut. Mostly around training. I increase fats if needed to make up the calories. Again though as long as total calories in is less than AMR you'll lose weight, i just feel and perform better on lower carb. Go with the most sustainable carb/fat split for you (within reason, you need some fats for health)
    Would I base the protein off my weight now or goal weight?
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  10. I set it to current weight and adjust accordingly, some set protein based on their lean body mass at the end of the day as long as it's over 1g per lb of your lbm you should be ok if you want it higher that for me is the preferred option for satiation purposes

  11. Gotcha man. Thank you.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  12. Quote Originally Posted by MistrJay View Post
    Would I base the protein off my weight now or goal weight?
    Yep exactly what @mickc1965 said.....start on current and adjust as you go

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MistrJay View Post
    How much protein should I be eating daily?
    It depends on if you're bulking or cutting. When bulking, you can keep your protein on the lower end, about 1g/lb. When cutting. I prefer a higher amount of protein. Personally, it keeps my fuller longer and I think it helps with recovery and lean mass retention. Base your protein amount off your current weight, not your goal weight. Adjust your protein intake as you loss or gain weight.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    I assume that you are cutting? I tend to use the following macros for cutting

    Protein - 1.5g per lb of body weight as this helps me with satiety but anywhere from 1g per lb is fine

    Fats - 0.4-0.5g per lb of body weight for hormonal balance

    Carbs - to balance your daily caloric intake
    I do the same protein is 1 gram per lb of body weight.
    Fat intake will be around .4 to .5 grams per lb of your target body weight.
    Carbs I just eye ball it I love my carbs lol

  15. I did a macro breakdown last night. I took current weight and what my maintenance would be (somewhere I read was BW x 14 and BW x 17 was the range for maintenance) then took off 15% for a safe weight loss calories. This is what I got:

    2380 kcal
    250g protein (1.25g/lb of BW)
    100g fat (.5g/lb of BW)
    120g carbs

    If the calories for maintenance is off please let me know.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MistrJay View Post
    I did a macro breakdown last night. I took current weight and what my maintenance would be (somewhere I read was BW x 14 and BW x 17 was the range for maintenance) then took off 15% for a safe weight loss calories. This is what I got:

    2380 kcal
    250g protein (1.25g/lb of BW)
    100g fat (.5g/lb of BW)
    120g carbs

    If the calories for maintenance is off please let me know.
    How often do you train, for how long and at what intensity bro?
  17. Best place to find a calorie calculator?


    Quote Originally Posted by MistrJay View Post
    I did a macro breakdown last night. I took current weight and what my maintenance would be (somewhere I read was BW x 14 and BW x 17 was the range for maintenance) then took off 15% for a safe weight loss calories. This is what I got:

    2380 kcal
    250g protein (1.25g/lb of BW)
    100g fat (.5g/lb of BW)
    120g carbs

    If the calories for maintenance is off please let me know.
    Maintenance calories is going to vary depending on your activity etc, all you can do is start at 2380 kcals and if you don't lose weight for a couple of weeks then you would need to lower it again, very much trial and error

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    How often do you train, for how long and at what intensity bro?
    4-5 days/week, training 60-75mins and difficult workouts. Iím breaking a sweat and breathing heavy.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    Maintenance calories is going to vary depending on your activity etc, all you can do is start at 2380 kcals and if you don't lose weight for a couple of weeks then you would need to lower it again, very much trial and error
    Gotcha. Thats what Iíll do for sure man. Thanks.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MistrJay View Post
    4-5 days/week, training 60-75mins and difficult workouts. I’m breaking a sweat and breathing heavy.
    I get your AMR to around 2,300-2,500 a day, lots of variables can influence this though so starting at the level youve outlined and adjusting is good advice. I think you might need to get closer to 2,000 but no need to start there.

    Split looks good to me

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I get your AMR to around 2,300-2,500 a day, lots of variables can influence this though so starting at the level youve outlined and adjusting is good advice. I think you might need to get closer to 2,000 but no need to start there.

    Split looks good to me
    Thanks man. Like they said, if I need to drop some calories Iíll make the adjustments if I donít see a drop in a couple weeks.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  22. How much are you planning to lose per week?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    How much are you planning to lose per week?
    Something safe. Like maybe 1-1.5lb/week?
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  24. I also recommend MyFitnessPal. Online I've used fitday too.

  25. Another vote for MyFitnessPal. Easy to use. Great pie graphs and bar graphs to easily see trends in your eating and calorie expenditure. Most restaurant/fast food items are pre loaded.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best place to find Nanodrol??
    By Brandon_ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2017, 06:38 PM
  2. Best place to find gear????
    By Revolution in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
  3. The 3 Best Places to Find Weight Loss Motivation
    By FemBot in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
  4. Best place to find cheap m4ohn and 1,4add?
    By TheManGuy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 11:46 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Log in
Log in